Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Can you name all 10 of these charlton characters?11302

Collector DangerTrail private msg quote post Address this user
What about naming the artists: Blue Beetle and the Ghostly Tales Vampire dude (right column, second from bottom) are Ditko. The girl top right column is Staton although I believe this little picture was used on Byrnes Doomsday + 1 covers. The bottom right Ghost Manor guy looks like Boyette work. This is a challenge....
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Left Column: Phantom, Peter Canon Thunderbolt, Blue Beetle, Steve Austin the Six-Million-dollar man, haven’t read his book
Right Column: first three no idea, host of Ghostly Tales, host of Ghost Manor both of which i own but i do not know their names.
Post 27 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson Do you have an answer key?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Ha...nope...it was a question I saw online...was hoping you guys would help me...I got the same 3 most said...and then the generic recognition of "those guys from ghostly manor, tales etc"
Post 29 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Ha...nope...it was a question I saw online...was hoping you guys would help me...I got the same 3 most said...and then the generic recognition of "those guys from ghostly manor, tales etc"

D'OH!
Post 30 IP   flag post

-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Left side characters:

The Phantom
Hank Hennessy from Fightin' Five
Blue Beetle
Steve Austin - Six Million Dollar Man
Baron Weirwulf

As soon as I figure out the right side, I'll post them.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The two on the bottom right are Mr. Dedd from Ghostly Tales and Mr. Bones from Ghost Manor. Still not sure of the rest.

I think the second one down on the right might be Countess Von Bludd from Scary Tales.
Post 32 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@esaravo THIS is Countess von Bludd. I bought Scary Tales as a kid just because of her!!!

Post 33 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Right side top 3

Jill Malden from Bullseye.
A miscolored Countess von Bludd (extra points for @esaravo for that one!!!).
And a nameless character that appeared only on the cover of Charlton Bullseye #8. That exact figure doesn't even appear in the book.

And I cheated, I asked in a Charlton comic group on Facebook.
Post 34 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Here is the closest character to that skeleton in Bullseye #8.

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Great work!
Post 36 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Thanks for the info! I would have never gotten that blonde guy from the Fightin’ Five - I never heard of that series before. I should have gotten Jill Malden from Doomsday +1, but the only name that popped in my head for that redhead was Dakota North from a short-lived Marvel series from the 1980’s. And I guess the skull guy with green hair was just to make it impossible!

PS - Countess von Bludd wasn’t a half-bad Vampirella knockoff.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome investigating guys
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I would have never gotten that blonde guy from the Fightin’ Five - I never heard of that series before.

That sounds like a great excuse to show off my double cover Fightin’ Five #42 (reprinting #1). Don’t think I have ever posted this one before.

Post 39 IP   flag post
615472 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?