Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
How much for issues 1-50
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amspider
So really mixed reviews. Thanks. I will post 1-14 in the morning.

Me thinks um we have a game player here - said would post 1-14 in morning - oh, he didn't say WHAT morning, so sorry.

If it's true that poster is false, then kudos to @Darkseid_of_town & @Haljordanfan for calling it early. ^_~ HavaTaco

LQQKing at his old posts, even a sale he made to @OGJackster took extra time and effort on Jacksters end. So he got gifted a huge collection (RIP original collector) and is overwhelmed with his gold mine. Collection like that, I quit my job, slab and sell it off full time. Then margaritas and Margarita on Miami Beach @_@ You know, before the Coronavirus gets us all......
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
By the way Cool-fool your name really sits well with you. Thanks for looking up my history, lucky for me I am A Miami Dade Police Sergeant and got home late slept only a few hours and back to work. As for my past transactions I didn’t hear the buyer complain at all. Lets wrap this up with your final sarcastic remark. I have bought all my books my self.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Man, if I hadn’t spent a small fortune recently on a personal grail, I’d be keenly Interested in #3. 😞

If you still have it in a few months (doubt it) I could be a buyer.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider Yes, I know, I chose the name, with those keen (spider) sense of yours, you'll be a detective in no time. Of course looked you UP - you pull them over and run tags. You have a major collection and say you'll do but don't act, worth seeing your history. Glad to know MDPD gets top notch, well rested officers like you on the street or behind a desk.
So you came here for help and i was 2nd to offer it. Lots of luck
Post 31 IP   flag post
Thanks for your help, I could use less sarcasm. Normally this site truly has people who want to help not mock seller or collectors. For those who are interested PM me.
Thanks
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider pm sent
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider Good to see that you have these grades already. This will make it easier to maximize your profit selling them. Good luck.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Man why would you want to sell those sweet books. What a nice collection!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thanks for your help, I could use less sarcasm. Normally this site truly has people who want to help not mock seller or collectors. For those who are interested PM me.
Thanks

@Amspider I am among those who came to doubt you. I hope you will see that you did give us reason to be skeptical. The far above-average collection you have would indicate a certain level of experience and sophistication in the industry. However the question asked, and the details of the question, gave quite the opposite indication. I think it's called cognitive dissonance...we were bewildered by the conflict of how one could come to accumulate such a collection and yet know so little about the buying and selling of that collection.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I have been buying from the time I was a kid. I got out of the game for many years and now got back in. I have limited knowledge but a nice collection, due to the time that has passed. I have been doing more buying than selling, I have recently started to thin out my collections. I apologize for placing any doubt out there. I thank anyone who has helped.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I have been buying from the time I was a kid. I got out of the game for many years and now got back in. I have limited knowledge but a nice collection, due to the time that has passed. I have been doing more buying than selling, I have recently started to thin out my collections. I apologize for placing any doubt out there. I thank anyone who has helped.

Well that makes more sense. Lead off with that next time lol. Great books and stay safe out there
Post 38 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider Did you get the Yellow Label signatures yourself, or did you buy them already that way?
Post 39 IP   flag post
I got it myself, spoke to Stan Lee my self. Very emotional day. That’s whT makes it hard to sell them off.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
I'd never give those up!

Well done
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
So when you sell those, the bug in us often forces us to reacquire them at some point. I know a bunch of guys who sold all their Marvels years ago rebuilding their pile. Collecting is so much more fun than selling, the money be damned.
I certainly struggle with selling.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
So when you sell those, the bug in us often forces us to reacquire them at some point. I know a bunch of guys who sold all their Marvels years ago rebuilding their pile. Collecting is so much more fun than selling, the money be damned.
I certainly struggle with selling.

If all you see if dollars and cents then it’s easy to buy and sell. It’s just like a commodity or stock.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, once the emotion/sentimentality is removed from the books, then it is easy to let them go. Unfortunately, I have an emotional attachment to certain parts of my collection. Someone could buy 70% of my collection and I would probably be relieved that it's freed up space in my home. Good luck with your sales @Amspider. The signed books can cut your market in half by a bit since some collectors aren't interested in signatures, but I think you'll be ok on this.
Post 44 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider Great books!!!
Post 45 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Yeah, once the emotion/sentimentality is removed from the books, then it is easy to let them go. Unfortunately, I have an emotional attachment to certain parts of my collection. Someone could buy 70% of my collection and I would probably be relieved that it's freed up space in my home. Good luck with your sales @Amspider. The signed books can cut your market in half by a bit since some collectors aren't interested in signatures, but I think you'll be ok on this.

Signed books probably do reduce the potential market by around 1/2. But since far less than 1/2 of books are signed, it balances out. And as far as signed books go - low to mid grade vintage ASM's signed by Stan are the best.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Great looking collection amspider, books signed by Stan Lee are gold. The Stan signatures add significant value when they are in yellow labels.
Post 47 IP   flag post
601444 47 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?