Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are you listening to? 2.011211

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Post 876 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Post 877 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
So much better than the studio version.

Post 878 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Steve Borock

Post 879 IP   flag post
Post 880 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Post 881 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
In 1969, Amazing Spider-Man #77 liberated me from the Archie series comics (etc...) and I was buying every Marvel comic that was showing up on the shelves.

Some time later, I heard this song one evening on the radio (short version), and soon after I went and bought the album which contained the long version. This is the song/album that musically liberated me from,... The Archies, Partridge Family, The Monkees,..etc.

When I was in the 8th or 9th grade, our class was to do a Show and Tell. And we all know what Show And Tells generally consist of, but I threw in a curve ball. I researched (the best I could at the time which was limited to rock and roll magazines) each member,... how they became musicians and came together as a band.

I gave my presentation to the class, and played In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (short version of course) on an old style turntable with built in speakers.
Afterwards, I was graded....

A+ - for presentation
B+ - for subject matter

Post 882 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Post 883 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder, you should have gone with the long version, it would’ve eaten up a whole class period 😂
Post 884 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
@Pre_Coder, you should have gone with the long version, it would’ve eaten up a whole class period 😂

lol,.. believe me, I sure wish I could have.
Post 885 IP   flag post
Today I'm reminiscing a plethora of post '84 RUSH

Post 886 IP   flag post
Post 887 IP   flag post
Post 888 IP   flag post
Post 889 IP   flag post
Post 890 IP   flag post
Post 891 IP   flag post
Post 892 IP   flag post
Post 893 IP   flag post
Post 894 IP   flag post
Post 895 IP   flag post
Post 896 IP   flag post
Post 897 IP   flag post
Post 898 IP   flag post
Post 899 IP   flag post
Post 900 IP   flag post
Post 901 IP   flag post
Post 902 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user

https://wmmr.com/
To celebrate ‘91 turnin 30, they’re doin a top 30 songs countdown and blocks of tunes all weekend. A few of the albums that came out that year:
Temple of the Dog
Soundgarden Badmotofinger
Ozzy No More Tears
ChiliPeppers Blood Sugar Sex Magik
GnR Use Your Illusion
Pearl Jam Ten
Metallica Black
Primus Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Mr Tom Petty Into the Great Wide Open
Stevie Ray Vaughan
What a year
Post 903 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff

https://wmmr.com/
To celebrate ‘91 turnin 30, they’re doin a top 30 songs countdown and blocks of tunes all weekend. A few of the albums that came out that year:
Temple of the Dog
Soundgarden Badmotofinger
Ozzy No More Tears
ChiliPeppers Blood Sugar Sex Magik
GnR Use Your Illusion
Pearl Jam Ten
Metallica Black
Primus Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Mr Tom Petty Into the Great Wide Open
Stevie Ray Vaughan
What a year

Fantastic year for releses!! I believe U2 Auchtung Baby was also release in '91.
Post 904 IP   flag post
I was never into the Disco scene, but this song has always been one of my favorites.

A lotta kids today (there are exceptions) have no idea what they have missed out on. I'm so glad I grew up musically in the 70's and 80's.

Post 905 IP   flag post
601205 1000 30