Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are you listening to? 2.011211

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
this is probably illegal but I have to ask, has anyone had a buddy go back to the scene to pick up wreckage parts? Mainly bumpers with plates attached?!?!?
Post 676 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

Typically the police get to the scene fairly quickly and a wrecker comes for the wreck to stop congestion. I don't think a person would have time to pick through unless it was a small country road.

Edit

A buddy had her hubby get his corvette crunched by a semi. Luckily he wasn't hurt, but she did pick up a piece of his fiberglass car and had it in her trunk. I asked why she kept a souvenir seeing as how it caused her hubby PTSD. she didn't have a good reply....
Post 677 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Were you trying to end it all?

Naw,.. I just enjoyed playing General Lee - 01 with the police back in the day. In real life it doesn't work out so well. Especially when you go flying off a culvert at 115 spinning clockwise, slam into the trees, front suspension shove into the engine. Hid the car in a friends backyard garage for one year, then sold it to a junk yard.

Even today, I still have dreams I have that car, seriously!
Post 678 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
HAHAHA! my brother isn't around anymore but went back to reclaim plates for 2 people. My cousin went back to a "scene" to get a step off one of my trucks...
Post 679 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My buddy had a 5.0 mustang and we blew by this cop going over 100mph easy. We see him turn his lights on and try and catch up. We lost him.

We get to his house and he parked his mustang out back and a cop pulls up a few minutes later and asks us if we saw a mustang fly by. Obviously none of us had any idea what he was talking about.

=)
Post 680 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@HeinzDad

Typically the police get to the scene fairly quickly and a wrecker comes for the wreck to stop congestion. I don't think a person would have time to pick through unless it was a small country road.

In my case it was a country road. I went flying off a left turn culvert at about 115 mph on a road I've never been on, spinning clockwise. Hit the trees and dropped about 20'... the car couldn't be seen from the road. The next day, me and a friend figured I walked approx 18 miles in pitch black before I found my way back into a town to make a call for help.

The following week every muscle in my body was aching due to the impact.
Post 681 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder

Wow. Thats nuts. Glad to see you made it out ok. I would have assumed any accident involving speeds in 3 digits would have equated to death or dismemberment....
Post 682 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

Wow. Thats nuts. Glad to see you made it out ok. I would have assumed any accident involving speeds in 3 digits would have equated to death or dismemberment....

Thank you, Bronte!

My 1978 Firebird Formula is the first car I have ever driven and wore my seat belt.

Yet, it was the seat belt's left shoulder harness that ripped off the drummer's left arm for Def Leppard. The shoulder strap held on to his left arm as he was thrown from the car.

I do consider myself very fortunate.
Post 683 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

@Studley_Dudley I cited lyrics from this song in a college paper circa 1990. This song and "Learning to Fly" were high on my playlist back in those days.
Post 684 IP   flag post
@DrWatson, given your song choices, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this song. I believe the songwriter is Sophia Coppella's husband and he wrote it for her movie "On The Rocks". He said his inspiration was John Hughes movies of the 80's.

https://youtu.be/_mcDzf4l9Og?list=TLPQMjYxMTIwMjDJJFmzBRKWgw
Post 685 IP   flag post
Post 686 IP   flag post
Someone please tell me again how to post the Youtube image rather than just the link. I did it once successfully but never again.
Post 687 IP   flag post
Post 688 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Post 689 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Someone please tell me again how to post the Youtube image rather than just the link. I did it once successfully but never again.

Click on the Video tab, then click on the YouTube tab,.. copy/paste the video URL. Click on Reply. All done!
Post 690 IP   flag post

@Pre_Coder, thank you!
Post 691 IP   flag post
Post 692 IP   flag post
Post 693 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
@DrWatson, given your song choices, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this song. I believe the songwriter is Sophia Coppella's husband and he wrote it for her movie "On The Rocks". He said his inspiration was John Hughes movies of the 80's.

https://youtu.be/_mcDzf4l9Og?list=TLPQMjYxMTIwMjDJJFmzBRKWgw

Not bad for a French band. Reminds me of a cross between Marsheaux and the Generationals. It definitely has that indie sound to it.
Post 694 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Early X-Mas present from the wife. Record Store Day 2020 AIC SAP. Ann Wilson and Chris Cornell make amazing appearances on this one
Post 695 IP   flag post
Slade original followed by Quiet Riot cover...

Post 696 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 697 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 698 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 699 IP   flag post
RUSHing this link as a fitting tribute to logging 2112 likes...

Post 700 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica (Rush) musical geniuses in my opinion. master musicians, each and every one of them as well as Peart being a brilliant storyteller/poet/lyricist.

Canada's Cream/Led Zeppelin in my opinion.
Post 701 IP   flag post

arguably the greatest riff in rock n' roll!
Post 702 IP   flag post
Post 703 IP   flag post
Post 704 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@CatmanAmerica (Rush) musical geniuses in my opinion. master musicians, each and every one of them as well as Peart being a brilliant storyteller/poet/lyricist.

Canada's Cream/Led Zeppelin in my opinion.

Many people only know 2112 to be RUSH's first epic song. The Fountain Of Lamneth on Caress Of Steel was actually their first epic song, but it gets overlooked because the album is underrated. COS is a bitchin' album.

EDIT - There is a town less than a mile from my former Dallas home (Duncanville TX) that has a Lakeside Park.
Post 705 IP   flag post
600902 1000 30