CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

What are you listening to? 2.011211

Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
I found this album in my collection and have been hooked on it again lately.
Post 426 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Post 427 • IP   flag post
Suckin' on a chili dog
Outside the Tastee Freez.
RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica Sent me down a rabbit hole man, thank you. I can only describe this album as a medieval acid trip

Post 428 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Post 429 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user


Marc Bolan from T. Rex was a HUGE Marvel fan!!


Post 430 • IP   flag post


Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Neil Schon & Gregg Rolie ('71) in Santana...



Neil Schon & Gregg Rolie (48 years later) in Journey Through Time...



And the magic's still there!
Post 431 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user



Post 432 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Kim Simmonds & Savoy Brown (Fillmore East footage from '69)...



Kim Simmonds & Savoy Brown 50 years later...

Post 433 • IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Post 434 • IP   flag post
Suckin' on a chili dog
Outside the Tastee Freez.
RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Been hearing this on the radio a lot for some reason, weird, seeing how I haven’t heard it over 20 years. Was alright then, now I think it’s awesome, a classic. Yes I said classic
Post 435 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 436 • IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user



Scored these for $1 each at a fair sale not long ago. Plenty to listen to.
Post 437 • IP   flag post
Suckin' on a chili dog
Outside the Tastee Freez.
RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
@Puckster The “Wish You Were Here” and Zep 4 are two of my favorites. Love to see vinyl
Post 438 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Rare Yardbirds footage (Jimmy Page bass, Jeff Beck lead)...



Excellent Relf vocal performance!
Post 439 • IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user



Just picked up a couple brand new remastered copies.
Post 440 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips WOW!!!! The mighty Zep on vinyl!! I love it!!!
Post 441 • IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@BrianGreensnips WOW!!!! The mighty Zep on vinyl!! I love it!!!

I love it too. Check out Tower Records on line. I picked up Zep 1,2,and 3 plus shipping for $71. US. I guess #2 was back ordered.
They have a great selection and good prices.
Post 442 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@BrianGreensnips WOW!!!! The mighty Zep on vinyl!! I love it!!!

I love it too. Check out Tower Records on line. I picked up Zep 1,2,and 3 plus shipping for $71. US. I guess #2 was back ordered.
They have a great selection and good prices.


Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out!
Post 443 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Post 444 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Post 445 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Post 446 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Post 447 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user



“Strange Fruit”

Lyrics & Music by Abel Meerpool, 1937
Performed by Billie Holiday

Southern trees bearing a strange fruit
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
Black bodies swinging in the Southern breeze
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees

Pastoral scene of the gallant South
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolia sweet and fresh
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh.

Here is a fruit for the crow to pluck
For the rain to wither, for the wind to suck
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop
Here is a strange and bitter crop.

– Originally published as a poem in 1937 by Abel Meerpool, aka Lewis Allen, a Jewish schoolteacher from the Bronx, depicts Southern trees bearing “strange fruit.”
Post 448 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
If you watch this, make sure to watch the ending. LOL

Post 449 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
For all you teachers, summer vacation starts now. You know the song, but you might not know this version.

Post 450 • IP   flag post
Suckin' on a chili dog
Outside the Tastee Freez.
RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Got this today and found out, after almost 30 years, why it sounded like it was recorded in somebody’s living room

Post 451 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@BrianGreensnips WOW!!!! The mighty Zep on vinyl!! I love it!!!


Yeah, bro! Nothing beats the warmth of vinyl... especially accompanied by a diamond stylus with dual magnets.
Post 452 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user



Extremely underrated Sublime song.
Post 453 • IP   flag post
Suckin' on a chili dog
Outside the Tastee Freez.
RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra, that whole album is underrated. The acoustic version of Pool Shark is like hangin our in a garage with ur friends, just perfect
Post 454 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@RexMuff 100% agree
Post 455 • IP   flag post
657131 1000 30