Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are you listening to? 2.011211

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Somehow Deep Purple made this song sound so much better in a car.

Post 226 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector circumstances private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I wore out more vinyl copies of this than 2112, Hemispheres, AFTK etc. as a kid.

(although Hemispheres is my favorite album).
Post 228 IP   flag post
Post 229 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 230 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 231 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

First Rush album I ever heard.

Circa Summer of 1978.

A Farewell to Kings was the "newest album," and Hemispheres would be released in four or five months.
Post 232 IP   flag post
Post 233 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by circumstances
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I wore out more vinyl copies of this than 2112, Hemispheres, AFTK etc. as a kid.

@circumstances I grew up on RUSH and Pink Floyd, and Hemispheres is my favorite Rush album as well.

I used to Admin a Rush message board in the early 2k years and many didn't know that Hemispheres is actually a continuation of Cygnus X-1... the last song on their previous album AFTK.

A Farewell To Kings
Cygnus X-1: Book 1: The Voyage (Prologue)

Hemispheres
Cygnus X-1: Book 2: Hemispheres

Also, many people say 2112 was their first epic, totally unaware that The Fountain Of Lamneth on their COS album was in fact their first epic. COS doesn't get the recognition it deserves so The Fountain gets ignored.

RIP Neil Peart
Post 234 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

@circumstances I grew up on RUSH and Pink Floyd, and Hemispheres is my favorite Rush album as well.

I used to Admin a Rush message board in the early 2k years and many didn't know that Hemispheres is actually a continuation of Cygnus X-1... the last song on their previous album AFTK.

A Farewell To Kings

Hemispheres

Also, many people say 2112 was their first epic, totally unaware that The Fountain Of Lamneth on their COS album was in fact their first epic. COS doesn't get the recognition it deserves so The Fountain gets ignored.

RIP Neil Peart

How could anyone not know that Cygnus x1 book 2 was a continuation of Cygnus x1? Cygnus X1 even says "to be continued," lol.

And Fountain of Lamneth rules.

Which messageboard? I was probably a member.

Neil was a friend. The past 3 1/2 years was extremely brutal with his illness.
Post 235 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

A Farewell To Kings

Hemispheres

RIP Neil Peart

How could anyone not know that Cygnus x1 book 2 was a continuation of Cygnus x1? Cygnus X1 even says "to be continued," lol.

If you were a Rush board member in early 2k then you are most certainly familiar with....

Tri-Net
The Rush Chronicles
Counterparts

Then the Rush Board War broke out. Need I say more? LOL

So I created a bigger and better board .....

Anyway, I'm currently stuck out of town but I'll PM you soon with some info/details. We may actually know each other, but this thread is not the place for it.
Post 236 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

A Farewell To Kings

Hemispheres

RIP Neil Peart

If you were a Rush board member in early 2k then you are most certainly familiar with....

Tri-Net
The Rush Chronicles
Counterparts

Then the Rush Board War broke out. Need I say more? LOL

So I created a bigger and better board .....

Anyway, I'm currently stuck out of town but I'll PM you soon with some info/details. We may actually know each other, but this thread is not the place for it.

Cool. I was a member of all three. Started out on TSF (The Solar Federation) in the late '90s, then joined all three of the boards you mentioned (and others). I think I'm still a Mod on Counterparts.
Post 237 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Post 238 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Captain Beyond: progressive psychedelic jazz-rock with more than a hint of cowbell...

Post 239 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
My recent post in the Music & Magazine Match thread got me playing the tracks from YES- Drama.
Watching Chris Squire tackle this Bass line AND the vocals makes me shake my head in awe every time. What a master- As an ooooold article once said (paraphrasing):
"Given sufficient notice from the Almighty, Chris Squire could write the score for The End of The World."
RIP

Post 240 IP   flag post
Post 241 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Recently got turned onto The Byrds. I kind of dig these smaller iterations after they broke up.

Post 242 IP   flag post
Probably the most powerful love ballad I've ever heard... lyrically as well.

Post 243 IP   flag post
Hard to describe how much I miss this band

Post 244 IP   flag post
Prog awe firm making their case...

Post 245 IP   flag post
Post 246 IP   flag post
Post 247 IP   flag post
😔

Post 248 IP   flag post
Post 249 IP   flag post
Post 250 IP   flag post
Obsessed with Bon Iver (still).

Post 251 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 252 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
https://youtu.be/h6-krHfdmGg
Post 253 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Post 254 IP   flag post
Telecaster envy...

Post 255 IP   flag post
601333 1000 30