Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Restoration and ConservationQuestions

Married and detached cover + tape. How bad is it?11190

Collector Beney117 private msg quote post Address this user
I just bought that comic because I wanted an inexpensive GA Batman that looked vintage. I don't mind this kind of repair, and I don’t plan on selling it, but how much the value is affected? And does collectors avoid this kind of repair?

(As a French speaker, I hope everything is clear and comprehensive)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Oteemorse private msg quote post Address this user
Who cares great buy non ami tees Brin
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I'm wondering how it can be married and detached at the same time. I understand that it isn't the original cover, but if it isn't technically attached, how can it be married?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson if I make it out correctly, the label says: "Front cover married. Front and back covers detached." So ... is just the front cover from another comic? That's kind of the way I read that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I'm wondering how it can be married and detached at the same time. I understand that it isn't the original cover, but if it isn't technically attached, how can it be married?

I expect the front and back covers came apart from one another and were put back together with tape.

As for the OP: Many collectors do avoid that level of damage and tape is often a problem. But if you're happy with the book and planning to keep it for your own collection, nothing else matters.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be proud to own that. Awesome cover.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I just made my first purchase of something similar...I decided I wanted the book AND everything is out of control price-wise...so why not? I have no regrets and nor should you...enjoy!

and mine even had the centerfold trimmed before it was married, so yours is even better than mine
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
it's a cover from another comic, therefore detached and married
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I'd buy it if I had a gap to fill in a run. I have 0.5 graded copies of books that used to be blanks in runs. I'd buy them to fill the blanks when I didn't want to spend huge dollars on those keys.
Post 9 IP   flag post
600649 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?