Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop Culture

DC quoting Stan Lee in a comic11184

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I recently got some reading material from a boardie. I just finished Flash 254. Imagine my surprise when I read an editorial page and see that they quoted Stan!! To me, this is a great sign of the respect that Stan Lee earned.

I don't think a lot of people understand the scope of Stans' legacy. I don't know that I understand it. All I know is that SEVERAL generations of Americans and people worldwide have knowledge of him. I wonder how many presidents have come and gone while he was active in comics or movies. Honestly, I would say that no one has brought more joy and entertainment to more people. That is my personal opinion of course.

Anyway, I took a screenshot of the page from readcomiconline. It's just easier to read that way.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Nice one Jesse. To think that this was 43 years ago but still has impact. I fully agree with you.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O If you could respond today to that editorial, and recommend a long gone title that is worthy of a reboot, which single one would you choose?
Personally I think I would like to see Strikeforce Moritori rebooted, better integrated into the existing Marvel Universe, with more variation on how long the enhanced soldiers can live after their transformation. It could be a fun way to introduce new potential characters to the Marvel Universe.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Stan lee began writing on captain america during the early forties or during Roosevelts terms
Truman
Eisenhower
Kennedy
Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Hw Bush
Clinton
George Bush
Obama
Trump

14 presidents with some serving two terms
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
At least DC didn't credit him for creating Captain America like Marvel did in the last month.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
@Jesse_O If you could respond today to that editorial, and recommend a long gone title that is worthy of a reboot, which single one would you choose?
Personally I think I would like to see Strikeforce Moritori rebooted, better integrated into the existing Marvel Universe, with more variation on how long the enhanced soldiers can live after their transformation. It could be a fun way to introduce new potential characters to the Marvel Universe.

I've been thinking about this off and on all day. Quite honestly, I'd like to see the horror comics come back. Tomb of Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster and Werewolf by Night but have them all set in today's Marvel universe. No reprints, all new material. I thought they were bringing back Werewolf, but maybe that was just a one shot.

If they are back, I hope someone corrects me and let's me know about it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
598060 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?