Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaPop CultureQuestions

Heads Up - Two new DC Villains11179

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
LCS has one for $25. Down from $35 last week. Reminds me of my portfolio in Economics class that we filled with dot com companies.

Get em while they're hot!
Post 151 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
LCS has one for $25. Down from $35 last week. Reminds me of my portfolio in Economics class that we filled with dot com companies.

Get em while they're hot!

I should have put the money towards stock for P&G instead. That Charmin is the new hotness!
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
My second printing arrived today:
Saturday the 14th.

3rd prints are out...FOC is coming up.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Two words for you.....Major X

Remember Major X???? remember the hype?? the sky high prices???...what's he at now....9.8 for $38 on Gocollect

If you van get these at cover then great...otherwise..wait them out
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Quote:
My second printing arrived today:
Saturday the 14th.

3rd prints are out...FOC is coming up.

Yeah, I have those on the way too.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Brian isn't wrong.

No he's not.

Quote:
@Drogio Yeah. I just wanted to see how he is one on one, which you all now have witnessed. I hope he goes out of business.

Wow. You REALLY want that comic book, huh?
Post 156 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy

Quote:
@Drogio Yeah. I just wanted to see how he is one on one, which you all now have witnessed. I hope he goes out of business.

I got copies of it. And yeah screw that guy. He's a dick.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Guys. Heads up. The Comic Mint is selling a beautiful Joker 80th Special. I got my copies, I would suggest you get yours before they sell out.

I had to buy the three comic set to get the one I actually wanted which is the Punchline Virgin cover.

Here are pics of the covers.

Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Well you certainly seem like one in this case by going after him for not selling you a copy of the book. And I agree that Brian is right in this case.
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Well you certainly seem like one in this case by going after him for not selling you a copy of the book. And I agree that Brian is right in this case.
Brian's faux pas may have been coarse language, but I didn't see anything particularly alarming in how he chooses to conduct business and look after his 'regulars". 2¢
Post 160 IP   flag post
@50AE_DE @steveinthecity ok. You guys shop with him then. I won't. That's the beauty of living in America. Free choice, freedom of speech. The end.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Is Punchline still a thing or did that fizzle out faster than my last date?
Post 162 IP   flag post
Quote:

Looks like everything comic or social related fizzled out. I think it's due to the unnamable thing that's going on around the world.

I'm playing it safe & calling it the unnamable thing due to little b!t"&÷s that want to report people like 5 year olds to a teacher because it's not in the "correct" thread.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Looks like everything comic or social related fizzled out. I think it's due to the unnamable thing that's going on around the world.

I'm playing it safe & calling it the unnamable thing due to little b!t"&÷s that want to report people like 5 year olds to a teacher because it's not in the "correct" thread.

Buckminsterfullerenes?
No, that doesn't work.

Beaches!!

Post 164 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I think it was dead on arrival.

I look at it this way....I bought Batman Adventures 12 in 2003/2004ish for $30. Lets look at that.

10 years after the first appearance - the character had by that time proven that they were going to be a main stay in the DC universe...and I got it for $30 Canadian!! (thanks Carlos, owner of Gotham Comics in Mississauga, by the way for telling me that it was a book I should get - even though not what I would normally buy)....Now it only graded out at CBCS 8.0 but still, not bad for a $30 spend.

So...where will one punch be in 10 years...20 years?? Will face punch be a regular main story line character? Will they have 2!! that's right 2!!! horrible box office flops??.

Harley had no hype and grew organically into a fan fav....these manufactured characters to sell a few books likely won't last....Major X anyone??

Hey, I might be wrong....but if I am... in 10 or 20 years, I if this is a book I feel I should own, by then the real important issues will have come to the top instead of paying hundreds of bucks for variants and virgins and store exclusives and, and, and....I can just buy 1 book that the market has finally settled on as the important one (or even which one is the first appearance!! Hulk 180!!).
Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
No way to determine what is hot or not except golden age and hard to find silver age, right now. Must wait for society to open back up and decide. Hopefully movie hype is a thing of the past.
Post 166 IP   flag post
597868 166 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?