Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaPop CultureQuestions

Heads Up - Two new DC Villains11179

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@Towmater I asked an employee there over the phone a week or so prior to the release date of the comic and I was told they would have some in. Told me they have three stores and a warehouse so it should be no problem.... didn't ask for my name or anything.

@Drogio Yeah, it was about $25 in gas and my time wasted.... and no it wasn't the nearest shop, but they opened at 8am the other shops times are as follows: another at 10am, then another shop at 11am, and another opened at 2pm...

I'm becoming convinced that, to get these hot comics, you have to have a couple different sources online, and have a pull list or a good relationship with an LCS. I haven't had much luck on the very short run Hell Arisen #3 by just dropping in, even first thing on Wednesday. Most said only their pull listers got a copy, and many of those didn't get filled. (Of course, my main LCS let me have one copy at cover, which was awesome.)

FYI, I'm almost certain I've met Dave Hinson at HeroesCon before. I think I even bought a Four Color #386 from him when I was a teenager. But I've definitely seen a few posts from him over the last couple of years, via Shelton on Facebook. Great guy.

I'm glad you had a good experience at Heroes and Dragons. Haven't been there or heard of it, but I'll have to stop in after your glowing review!

If you drive through Knoxville on your job, I've just found a couple nice places there this last trip. Didn't get a Hell Arisen, but one place said they might get some in tomorrow, and I should call to see.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid Nice. Definently give me some names of a few good places you've visited. Next time I'm in that area, I'll hit them up. This coming Monday I got to install an HP R-2000 printer in Savannah, GA, then train the operators on how to use it. I'll be there all week, so I'll be hitting up a few new comic shops I haven't been too before while I'm there.

Next Monday, 3/9 I gotta do an install in Mooresville, NC. Another R-2000 printer. (My favorite one actually, out of all the ones I install and train customers on.)

And Dave's awesome. I would drop in just to hang out with him a little while when I didn't have anything to do, just to talk about anything and everything. Did you know he was first going to open his shop in the city of York (where I currently live) but went with Fort Mill instead cause the building owner in York was a greedy sob so Dave didn't accept it. That would have been so cool to have a LCS that's actually local!
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth Do you ever get up to the Metro Detroit area?
Post 128 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips Upsate NY all the way over to Minnesota and down. It's a huge area. But normally my "true" area consists of NY, down to FL. All along the east coast. On occasion having to travel further out towards the midwest.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Guys, I'm right about them lying and placing on FeeBay.

Wednesday I drove to Raleigh, NC to a comic shop named "Ultimate Comics" and I greeted them at their door while they opened it for business that day.

I asked about the Hell Arisen #3 and got told right to my face "we're already sold out, unless you got a sub for it, sorry man."

Then after looking at their FeeBay page today, a day after going onsite, guess what?

They lost my business....
Here's an email I sent them:

Did they respond?
Post 130 IP   flag post

@Studley_Dudley yeah some generic we're sorry blah blah. Then tried to tell me about another comic shop in SC that they are friends with. I told them I already found another, better shop in SC called Heroes and Dragons, and that I will be using them from here on out for my needs. Then she says some BS like great yada yada, that's good for the comic community yada, blah, blah.
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Sad when shops do this kind of stuff, rather than reaching out and building and establishing relations with potential new customers. I think back to when I got into this heavily..it all began because I was looking for one particular book whose name, artist, or anything else I had no clue....the owner of that shop worked for weeks to find the right comic and when he did I bought them all...new gods 7.....then the entire run of new gods, then forever people, then mister miracle, then new god appearances, then I tried to hoard all things Kirby and I was off and running...over a single book. He sold many thousands of books and made a pile from that....but he earned it.
Post 132 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Tedsaid Nice. Definently give me some names of a few good places you've visited. Next time I'm in that area, I'll hit them up. This coming Monday I got to install an HP R-2000 printer in Savannah, GA, then train the operators on how to use it. I'll be there all week, so I'll be hitting up a few new comic shops I haven't been too before while I'm there.

Sorry! Forgot to follow up. I went to The Comic Exchange which was a nice store with really good silver and bronze backstock and some good deals. Also the owner was really nice. I only talked on the phone to Tall Guy Comics and Toys, but they seemed awesome and I plan to stop in next time I go though. Also, I'm curious to see if I'm taller than The Tall Guy.

I didn't have much time but this is what I found at the Comic Exchange. The hardcovers were buy one, get one, and I haven't read them; and the Batman, I'm trying to get a 9.8 set of Year One and I'm convinced this is the one to get me there. Beautiful book. I felt bad, splitting up the set, but the other three - #407 had corners like razor blades - each had a single, tiny c.b. spine tick.

Post 133 IP   flag post
I'll vouch on the back issue selection at the Comic Exchange. I think I spent a few hundred there last year. Filled some SA and BA Avengers runs there. Nirvana Comics had a good selection of books too. I'll probably stop at the Exchange this summer on my way to Gatlinburg.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I preorder multiples of Batman #90 instead.. oppps
Post 135 IP   flag post
Heads up. This one will possibly one of the "hot" versions to get out of all the covers they will be releasing. (It's the only versions I'm gonna buy.)

The Joker - 80th Anniversary Special

Trade Dress:

Virgin:

Front & Rear Covers:

Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Did someone say beetlejuice 3 times?
Post 137 IP   flag post
That's only $30 above cover price for the set. Not a bad deal.
Post 138 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
That's only $30 above cover price for the set. Not a bad deal.

I just got mine from "Comics Elite" because they are on sale! Normally $50....

Post 139 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if this has hit this thread yet the 3rd prints of Batman 89 & Hell Risen 3 have hit the online stores Do I hear #4 coming soon. Wow load up the wagon with cash and head out. 🙀 🖖
Post 140 IP   flag post
@Gotlift Yep. I ordered mine already. My 2nd prints are on their way as I type this.
Post 141 IP   flag post
My second printing arrived today:
Saturday the 14th.

Post 142 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Saturday the 14th.

I got a few of each (2-4?) at my LCS on Wednesday.
Post 143 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Saturday the 14th.

I have a couple as well. Is second printing a thing? I'm still so old school, where no one wants 2nd, 3rd, etc, printings.
Post 144 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid yeah, second and third printings can sometimes be worth quite a lot because of the low print runs.
Post 145 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Saturday the 14th.

I have a couple as well. Is second printing a thing? I'm still so old school, where no one wants 2nd, 3rd, etc, printings.

That has been my experience but I have hit on a couple second prints in the past and this Batman storyline seems to have some legs.
Post 146 IP   flag post
Wow ... MyComicShop just released their hoard of Year of the Villain Hell Arisen #3. Both the regular cover and the variant. $35 and $40 for 9.2's. And this right before my graded 9.8's get there.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Wow ... MyComicShop just released their hoard of Year of the Villain Hell Arisen #3. Both the regular cover and the variant. $35 and $40 for 9.2's. And this right before my graded 9.8's get there.

At least it wasn’t a hoard of 9.8s.
Post 148 IP   flag post
LCS has one for $25. Down from $35 last week. Reminds me of my portfolio in Economics class that we filled with dot com companies.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Quote:

They can especially if the cover art is different. The 2nd and 3rd printings of this look like different background color. Kinda like New Mutants #100.
Post 150 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
LCS has one for $25. Down from $35 last week. Reminds me of my portfolio in Economics class that we filled with dot com companies.

Get em while they're hot!
Post 151 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

Get em while they're hot!

I should have put the money towards stock for P&G instead. That Charmin is the new hotness!
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Saturday the 14th.

3rd prints are out...FOC is coming up.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Two words for you.....Major X

Remember Major X???? remember the hype?? the sky high prices???...what's he at now....9.8 for $38 on Gocollect

If you van get these at cover then great...otherwise..wait them out
Post 154 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Quote:
Saturday the 14th.

3rd prints are out...FOC is coming up.

Yeah, I have those on the way too.
Post 155 IP   flag post
598060 166 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?