Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaPop CultureQuestions

Heads Up - Two new DC Villains11179

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@GanaSoth I paid cover price for all three of mine.

I could have had a fourth copy if I coughed up $25 but I declined.

All three copies of Batman 89 are loaded in the car to get signed at C2E2.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
@GanaSoth I paid cover price for all three of mine.

I could have had a fourth copy if I coughed up $25 but I declined.

All three copies of Batman 89 are loaded in the car to get signed at C2E2.

Who will you get to sign them?
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Heads up guys... I just got word that Batman #94 (First Cover Appearance of Punchline) has been changed to Batman #92.

"DC has changed the cover art for Batman #92 variant to the Artgerm that was originally solicited for #94. This Artgerm will now be the cover art for #92 variant."
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth

So the card stock version will bot be Mattina?
Post 79 IP   flag post
@moodswing this is all the info I got on it so far.

Post 80 IP   flag post

More Info:

Post 81 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth

I preordered 92B earlier. I wonder how mycomicshop will handle this. 92B is the card stock and costs $1 more. 94 isn't even up for preorder yet at mycomicshop. Might order another 92B.
Post 82 IP   flag post
@moodswing Yeah, it's strange. I think DC is playing this out. They wait until 94 almost sells out of "preorders" then do the old switch-a-roo on an upcoming issue that can still be "preordered" to make it sell out as well.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
@GanaSoth

I preordered 92B earlier. I wonder how mycomicshop will handle this. 92B is the card stock and costs $1 more. 94 isn't even up for preorder yet at mycomicshop. Might order another 92B.

I forget which book it was, but right before it came out, it was hyped and the price went up. I already had it on preorder from MCS. They honored my preorder.

I'd bet that they don't take anymore preorders on 92 when the new preview list gets put up tomorrow night or Thursday. I have seen them do that!

@GanaSoth no bait and switch on DC's part, you can't preorder 94 until the new catalog comes out tomorrow.
Post 84 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I see. Thanks for the clarification.
Post 85 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

Tomorrow is the last day to get the full preorder discount at MCS. I think I will end up ordering one more 92B. I wonder if they will cancel them? That would not make me happy.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
@Jesse_O

Tomorrow is the last day to get the full preorder discount at MCS. I think I will end up ordering one more 92B. I wonder if they will cancel them? That would not make me happy.

The only time they have ever cancelled a preorder from me was when the issue got canceled or Diamond decided to not distribute it. So, yeah, I hope they don't cancel them either. If they do, it would be the first time of them doing that in my experience. I actually ordered one of each 92 and 92b.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I just found out Atomic Empire shorted me again on a hot book. I had ordered four copies of Hell Arisen #3 WEEKS ago (before FOC), but nope ... just found out I won't be getting any.

They did this for Batman Beyond just a month or two ago (first Batwoman Beyond), which I had a subscription to, and others here and there. I really need to find a more honest pull service. What do you guys recommend? I like the prices at DCBS, but the interface is a bit clunky. Even harder to use is the MCS subscription service. I have NO idea how that is supposed to work.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
I just found out Atomic Empire shorted me again on a hot book. I had ordered four copies of Hell Arisen #3 WEEKS ago (before FOC), but nope ... just found out I won't be getting any.

They did this for Batman Beyond just a month or two ago (first Batwoman Beyond), which I had a subscription to, and others here and there. I really need to find a more honest pull service. What do you guys recommend? I like the prices at DCBS, but the interface is a bit clunky. Even harder to use is the MCS subscription service. I have NO idea how that is supposed to work.

That really sucks... if ya can't trust them to send you what ya ordered originally, you really need to make another thread about the service you got from them so we know to boycott'em.

On the other hand, this seller on FeeBay also does subscription pulls. He also sent me a 9.8 candidate of the Flash #88 I shown you guys on here. I asked for a copy with no color rubs, no spine ticks or bends, and no bent corners. He certainly delivered. I have emailed with him a few times & he seems like a seller that actually cares.

FeeBay search:
seller:thecomixlounge19

Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid

That really sucks... if ya can't trust them to send you what ya ordered originally, you really need to make another thread about the service you got from them so we know to boycott'em.

Their response to my complaint email:

"I'm really sorry about Year of the Villain. While I know it's tempting to assume that we are shorting customers so we can sell these out the back door at $50 apiece, I can honestly promise we would be selling them to you at regular subscription price if we had them. Customer service is far more important to us than a quick buck. Unfortunately, we got shorted on this book and even with limiting everyone who received one to one copy apiece, there weren't enough to go around. I will hold your backorder for the first printing in case we're able to get ahold of any."

I haven't decided yet if I believe them, but FOC was three weeks ago and my order was in before that, and every time it happens they use the "Diamond screwed up" excuse.

Anyway, I managed to get one copy from my main LCS first thing this morning. He had a few set aside "So I can give them to my favorite customers. Or you." Heh. That guys cracks me up. The store is called "Up Up And Away," but if I call and he sees it's me, he'll answer, "Up Yours."

I got two more copies for $20 each from another store. That particular store does a good job of pricing hot books up so that they are still available, but not too high to piss people off. He did the same thing for Batman Damned and managed to have copies available for 3-4 days.

Another store had a couple at $35 each, but I decided to give those a miss.
Post 90 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid I would tell Atomic Empire to blow it out their asses! If it was me I would make a new thread showing screenshots with your emails with their responses. Then let us all say bad things about them and how we're going to tell others and never do business with them. Them send them the link to the thread in a response e-mail.
Post 91 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid oh and your lucky... I went to four different comic shops... they had none... so they claimed.... even though I was at the door right when they opened up for business for two out of the four shops I visited today...
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Tedsaid oh and your lucky... I went to four different comic shops... they had none... so they claimed.... even though I was at the door right when they opened up for business for two out of the four shops I visited today...

It's soooo annoying to be "that guy," going to multiple stores looking for one comic. I felt like I should give them more business than that, so I bought other comics, too, every place I bought something. So I have a LOT of new series to try. <g>

FYI, I'm still not convinced that they are 100% honest, but Atomic Empire, I just noticed, DID add one copy of Hell Arisen #3 to my next month's shipment. (This month went out today. Apparently right before they found an extra copy and added to my pull.)

I guess they looked at the record and saw my order was actually before most everyone else, and decided I should have received at least one. All together, I am in okay shape now with this comic.

Hope it doesn't turn out to be a dud!

I can give you the name of the place with the $35 copy, who will ship it to you, if you want. But that seems to be pretty much the eBay floor right now anyway. (Although many / most are higher than that.)
Post 93 IP   flag post
I found this on facebook. Do not read if you are easily offended by swear words. There is a lot of truth in what he has to say though. And I like how he is selling the Hell Arisen 3 in his store.

Post 94 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid Yeah. There is another comic shop (number five) going south (went north today to the four shops I hit today). They have one for $40; they said it's a 9.8 candidate.
I'll probably hit the shop tomorrow to check it out.
Post 95 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I'm going to send him an email asking him if he's got #1 #2 and #3 at cover price and if so I'll buy from him.

Of course I'm hoping it pisses him off.

Well... I'll post his response if he replies. Heres my e-mail to mr Experience.

Post 96 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
My LCS guy pretty much sounded the same way today. He was “sold out” but last week 89 wasn’t when I got there because you could only get one per cover price, so why wasn’t it the same this week????? I personally don’t care, I asked about it because I was there. I mean face it, we all kind of look at our collection as an LCS store to some degree even at the smallest. In the long run they are most likely correct but in the short term as far as the interwebs are concerned, I bet they hate see missing out.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Speaking of "new DC villains," did y'all see there is another new villain in Lois Lane #8? One of the stores I went to had it on their wall.

It's a great cover regardless, and I already had it in my pull list. I may try to pick up another copy. The villain is called "Kiss of Death."

[BTW, I tried to upload an image of the cover, but I haven't been able to upload anything since the "maintenance" done around here. I thought that was being fixed, but I guess not?]
Post 98 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid yeah I was gonna say something about Kiss of Death, but I forgot. Also, it's worth mentioning that Lois Lane #8 was under ordered. (That's Cover A that's lower I believe.) I'm going to grab a copy tomorrow if the fifth comic shop has it when I pick up my second copy of HA #3.
Post 99 IP   flag post
BTW... mr Experience might also be ranting on his soap-box, blaming "the customers" because he's missing out on issue #3 sales. Probable reason: he didn't order any since, it's a "flop" series and no one bought issues #1 and #2. Haha. That guy.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Brian isn't wrong.
Post 101 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth it'll be interesting what he says. But from what little digging I did, I don't think he normally does much for internet sales.
Post 102 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Brian isn't wrong.

Agreed, while his post is without tact, he indeed is not wrong.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Tedsaid Yeah. There is another comic shop (number five) going south (went north today to the four shops I hit today). They have one for $40; they said it's a 9.8 candidate.
I'll probably hit the shop tomorrow to check it out.

Oh! I just remembered where you are. I was in Charlotte this weekend, and called Heroes about Batman #89. They were out. But I didn't call until Sunday, so that wasn't really unexpected. I didn't have a chance to stop by, as I was only in town a few days.

Did you try Heroes today? I went by Rebel Comics on my way out of town Tuesday, but they didn't have any of Batman #89, and I didn't ask about HA #3. Did you try ... A. Pennyworth's? I just recently heard about that place, but haven't visited yet. Looks pretty cool, though.

I guess there is a long-time shop in Gastonia? Somebody I've seen at conventions over the years, though I've never been to the store. Can't find it now, though, so maybe not? Or maybe he retired ... I seem to remember reading something about that.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Brian isn't wrong.

Agreed, while his post is without tact, he indeed is not wrong.

I just remembered where I heard of him before. He spoke at the Retailer's annual summit in Charlotte last year. There he laid out a 10-point plan for saving the comics industry. I will re-read it now, but I remember thinking some of his stuff sounded like bunk and some had merit.
Post 105 IP   flag post
598062 166 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?