Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

When I googled "1st zombie Spider-man", this is generally the information that shows up...

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Peter_Parker_(Earth-2149)
First Appearance
Ultimate Fantastic Four #22
(October, 2005)
(Historically)
Marvel Zombies Vs. Army of Darkness #1
(May, 2007)
(Chronologically)
Appearance of Death
Marvel Zombies Return #5
(November, 2009)

It's no secret that Spectacular Spider-Man #148 from 1989 Shows Spidey as a zombie. My question is, why wouldn't this be tagged as possibly the real 1st zombie Spider-man appearance? Any thoughts?

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I imagine because the Zombie Spider-Man from Marvel Zombies is considered a separate character (multiple realities and so on) so the first appearance is referring specifically to that version as opposed to “first time Spider-Man is depicted as a zombie,” which may be the case with the Spectacular Spider-Man issue, which I assume is the 616 Spider-Man zombified through some magical trickery or in a vision of some sort
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I've always considered Spectacular Spider-man and Web of Spider-man to be the generic knock-off titles from Amazing Spider-man that routinely featured republished stories. Granted, I know there are some first appearances in Spectacular Spider-man as there are exceptions, such as Cloak and Dagger, etc
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
1st image is great artwork, as always, by Suydam, but dam if it doesn't look like Zombie Spider-Man shoots webbing from his poop shoot? Swings by the seat of his pants?!? ^_#
Post 4 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
@Cool_Fool You mean poop "chute", not shoot.

He's suspended by his webbing, like a real spider. It's mostly attached to his back and shoulders.

Never mind. I like your idea better.
Post 5 IP   flag post
601431 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?