Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@xkonk great books!!!! best cases on the market imo.
Post 201 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty jealous of that hulk 😍
Post 202 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I received these today after staring out side my window for hours in anticipation of the Fedex truck. It's a combination of dreck that I have no idea why I even bought and even worse, decided to slab, two vsp reholders and some stuff for my personal collection including one that I resubmitted hoping it would get a 9.8 after seeing no visible flaws and being rejected the first time.

Post 203 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 204 IP   flag post

Post 205 IP   flag post

Post 206 IP   flag post

Post 207 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thats a crapload of books. Must have cost a fortune to slab all those
Post 208 IP   flag post
@Bronte it sure did, especially considering that I have duplicates of many of the ones from 2019 on that I hope to resell.
Post 209 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - Congratulations, that's a hell of a lot of 9.8's!
Post 210 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Damn!
Post 211 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
It's a combination of dreck that I have no idea why I even bought and even worse, decided to slab,

@flanders I can remind you why you decided to slab...because you learned how to do a grade-screen for 9.8! Looks like it might have worked out for you, congratulations!
Post 212 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller thanks! We'll see how it truly works out if I don't lose all my money trying to sell some of these. Unfortunately, the potentially desirable ones aren't for sale as I have a collecting problem.
Post 213 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Unfortunately, the potentially desirable ones aren't for sale as I have a collecting problem.

Well you could always use my method and convince yourself that 9.6 is enough. It sure makes the path to profitable collecting a lot smoother.
Post 214 IP   flag post
@flanders This the first facsimile edition I've seen graded! I have a few of these that would look great in a slab! thanks for the idea!! awesome book BTW!
Post 215 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
Got the grades back today form my August Promo. This was the only book I had imaging added on. will post the others when I get them.

Post 216 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@oakcitycomics - That’s a beauty, congratulations!
Post 217 IP   flag post
@oakcitycomics 🔥🔥🔥
Post 218 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks a lot @flanders. I've spent all day looking at sweet facsimile issues.
Post 219 IP   flag post
@xjagnew I'm sure you can find them raw, and you don't need to slab, they're great to read. If I sell enough of this I can use it to fund the purchase of an original copy.
Post 220 IP   flag post
@esaravo @Comicninja0215 Thanks, was surprised by the grade. I was really thinking it was going to be in the 6/6.5 range. I seriously debated for a good two weeks if should tackle the small stain on cover. But ultimately decided to leave it be as I know how delicate the color pulls off on these books.
Post 221 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders No worries. I picked up a sweet facsimile earlier today and still looking for more. Thank you.
Post 222 IP   flag post
Collector JosephSMASH private msg quote post Address this user
I got these back today! Mostly bad choices for books to get graded, but I do this for fun so it’s ok.

Post 223 IP   flag post
Nice job!! Like the true believers!
Post 224 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Just back, I think the cbcs graders were blindfolded on the Daredevils. Incredibly harsh. Oh well.

Post 225 IP   flag post
My August Vintage2020 books. ASM, SS, and Aquaman were all purchased cheap around 2/2.5 price so happy with those. HOS92 was the real winner.

Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Either CBCS is lazing in their grading, or I’m getting the hang of this! I’d like to think it’s the latter.

Little disappointed in the GIJoe 21...thought it would press out better than it did, and grade around 9.0. But can’t complain considering I thought all the other books would be in the 9.4-9.6 range...maybe a 9.8 or two. The newsstands even had a date stamp on the back or interior which I thought might make them start at 9.6. Guess not! Very happy as I actually like the little date stamp of The actual day they went on sale.

Ecstatic about the Spider-Man 2099 newsstand...that’s one you won’t see on eBay too often in 9.8 Unless it’s the toybiz reprint.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio good looking books! Especially cool for the newsstands since they're a little tougher to get that 9.8
Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Can you tell which is VSP? Gotta love the yellow label

Post 229 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I think these were about what I was expecting. Some more exceptional whiteness.

Post 230 IP   flag post
601518 999 30