Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Excited to get this one back in hand. Had Mazzuchelli sign this in the early 90s, so when CBCS announced the private Miller signing I had to add him too.
Post 151 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Thanks CBCS and @Darryl_H!
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Super happy with the BA 12. The Spiderman 62 should have been a 9.8 if the seller hadn't sent it to me in an envelope without any boards 🤦

Post 153 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
same books as mail call thread but wanted to update this thread and take out of archive.

Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Won't be able to get them scanned until tomorrow, but just got 12 back today:

Went twelve for twelve - all came back 9.8!
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Okay here are a few of the scans. These are the issues going into the PC:

Post 156 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Arrived today. Pretty pleased. Some may be CPR candidates. The FF54 and SM59 probably need to be sent back in. The interior of the slab for the FF54 looks dingy, and there are no label notes on the Subby other than National Diamond Sales insert. I need a legal-size scanner too.

Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector willlewis78 private msg quote post Address this user
nice books-were they pressed as well??
Post 158 IP   flag post
Thank you. Nothing was pressed in this group that I just got back.
Post 159 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Awesome books!!! Congrats, they look great!!
Post 160 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley an Exceptional White pages!! Sweet!!

What was the TAT on these books?
Post 161 IP   flag post
@GAC Delivered 14 AUG, and returned 30 AUG, so less than 3 weeks total

I forgot about the Exceptional White designator.
Post 162 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley That's amazing TAT!!

You don't see the Exceptional White pages often which leads me to believe they must really be whiter than normal, fantastic!
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
Well I got my first order with 37 books back to Canada submitted at the Fanexpo in February 14th? Pretty happy with it. They grade looser than me but a few books I’ll definitely send back at some point and I’m sure they’ll come back higher. These are the best six all 9.8 white pages. Thank you for looking.

Post 164 IP   flag post
The Superman is the highest graded as well right now as far as I know.

Post 165 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@KYDU - Awesome books and grades, congratulations.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone guess why I chose the moniker of Scifinator?

Post 167 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
On the Mars Attacks Image, some how I picked up #'s 2-4 but missed the #1 hence the cgc was acq'd to complete the set while the other 3 were at CBCS for grading.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@KYDU - Awesome books and grades, congratulations.

Thanks so much, yes I have to be happy with them!!!
Post 169 IP   flag post
Been getting deliveries on Sundays now. Couple of pleasant surprises in here. Namely the ASM 210 and the UXM 107. And more exceptional whiteness. I'm also never peeking at my grades again. It's like opening an awesome non-denominational winter solstice present. I imagine it could go the other way if it was restored or incomplete but I like my odds.

Post 170 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley another Exceptional White!! Great books...you're on fire!
Post 171 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley - pretty nice! I did not know that there was “Exceptional White”. Congrats!
Post 172 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
On August 25th, I sent 10 comics in for grading using the VINTAGE2020 promo. None of the books is really valuable, but I couldn't pass up a deal and I love the new slabs (now if CBCS could only get bags that fit the new slabs to ship them back to us in, that would also be nice).

FedEx delivered my books today, that's like 12 days - crazy fast! Now I am going to have to send more in.

So here's the first two. I though the first book was an 8.5/9.0 and the second one was around a 9.0/9.2. Here's that sneaky checkmark again.

Post 173 IP   flag post
Next are two Batman comics - the first SA appearance of the Penguin and a cool-looking tiger Batman with a tough black cover. I guessed the older book was in the 3.5 to 4.5 range, and thought he newer one was around 9.0/9.2.

Post 174 IP   flag post
The HOM is the first issue to feature the mystery/horror format and has a classic cover (Dial H for Hero ran for a few years in this title before this issue). I knew there was a water stain in the upper left corner, but hoped it would still grade in the 5.5/6.0 range. I thought the X-Men I was in the 9.0/9.2 range.

Post 175 IP   flag post
Like the Batman books, here are two Wonder Woman comics six years apart. I thought the older issue with the Cheetah would be in the 3.0/4.0 range, and the newer issue - with that amazing Jeff Jones cover, would be in the 8.5/9.0 range. So I am pretty pleased with the grades (even with another checkmark).

Post 176 IP   flag post
I saved the best (grades) for last. I thought the Submariner #6 was easily in the best condition of the 10 books I submitted - I had it as a 9.4/9.6. The Daredevil #43 I had in the 8.5/9.0 range - so the grade is a pleasant surprise (and reminds me that my grading skills are still lacking).

Post 177 IP   flag post
@esaravo Great books Ed!!! Thank for sharing!
Post 178 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
fantastic looking set of books Ed!
Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
I got my books. I didn't know what to expect since I'm still learning how to grade and identify page color. They all came back better than I expected, especially the ASM & X-Men.

Post 180 IP   flag post
600892 999 30