Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I get most books pressed by "Joey Pancakes" but for the sake of not having my books travel via mail so much, I have sent my last couple pressing orders to CBCS. I've started doing the fast press option but that gets a little old after a while. I'll probably go third party again until the TAT for CBCS pressing gets better. Overall I've been happy with the press jobs. It really depends on who you go to but I think it helps the appearance. Just like ironing your slacks.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector naftixe private msg quote post Address this user
From my 20 year “buried” treasure box of forgotten 90s goodies. These just arrived graded.

Post 127 IP   flag post

Post 128 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley WOW!!! Awesome books! Thanks for sharing these!!
Post 129 IP   flag post
@GAC thank you!
Post 130 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - Great books Mike!
Post 131 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley very nice
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Some great books that you guys are getting back.
Post 133 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 134 IP   flag post
Sweet box!
Post 135 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Sweet box!
Pics later with a good camera...
Post 136 IP   flag post
These books are are from forum members or other people I know. This submission was about getting my eye on these books to see how accurately I'm grading and other stuff.

I had this at 9.0-9.2, Notes say there is foxing on the inside first page, that would be what I missed.

This was bought from a forum member at 7.0

These are from a forum member I traded with and didn't have grades assigned

Then there's this poor fellow, the new cases don't look great when they are crushed.. Hopefully you guys can advise me on what to do with this.

This was bought at 8.5-9.0. We both agreed it was a 9.0. I couldn't juice this baby apparently. I thought 9.2 all the way.

And then there is this. Instantly in my top 3 to 5 books I own. I'd like to thank @Ebayseller for the heads up on this one. I'll be sleeping with this book for a while. I can almost stomach the crushed case since this was unharmed.
Post 137 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Great stuff, congrats
Post 138 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad nice book! I hope the venom comic isn't damaged. I think CBCS has you send it back with your next submission. If you don't plan on having one soon ask for a prepaid shipping label and a new invoice so you can include it with the package. I'm assuming they'll pay for shipping both ways just like any company would but I don't have any personal experience with CBCS with damaged cases.
Post 139 IP   flag post
The book appears ok. I'm sure ill look at it a few more times to be sure. They just received another 10 from me so I'm going to have to send it in. I don't need them to pay for my shipping or anything but I've never filled out an invoice. If I hand write some shit on a piece of paper will it fly? It's self explanatory and my order is on the slab. Haha, I sound lazy which I'm not, but I'd really love to write something out than rack my brain on an invoice. Does it just get re slabbed or will it get re graded?
To be perfectly clear the box was damaged on the bottom and this was the bottom book. It's likely on Fed ex so that's why I'm totally cool paying for my shipping and if push comes to shove ill just pay to re slab.
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
The reholder will be free, and you can note it on the paperwork and note that I spoke with you here so there is no confusion.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
The reholder will be free, and you can note it on the paperwork and note that I spoke with you here so there is no confusion.
Ninja style... out of the bushes.... Thanks @Darryl_H.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
And then there is this. Instantly in my top 3 to 5 books I own. I'd like to thank @Ebayseller for the heads up on this one. I'll be sleeping with this book for a while. I can almost stomach the crushed case since this was unharmed.

This book is a great example of how there are deals to be found if you're willing to take a chance on raw or even signed books. We both got them from the same Ebay dealer, I think we each paid $85? It was certainly a risk but mine also verified and graded 9.2, you pressed yours personally and got it to 9.6. Probably now worth 3x-4x of the total cost you have into it. You can't win like this every time buying raw, but hopefully enough times that the good outcomes make up for the bad.
Post 143 IP   flag post
It was listed at like 50 or 52 or something. I didn't buy it at the time but I watched it. A week later the seller sent me an offer 44.00, that I remember specifically.

EDIT; the book was basically sold with the thought that every viewer perceived it as fake, grade aside.
Post 144 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm Super mega Key! Too bad about the Resto on it, but a super tough book to find in that kind of grade regardless. A book that I would like to own myself someday. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

Post 145 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of beautiful books! and the New Slabs look Outstanding!

Im still waiting on some books being re-holdered so that I can see the new slabs in person.
Post 146 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
It was listed at like 50 or 52 or something. I didn't buy it at the time but I watched it. A week later the seller sent me an offer 44.00, that I remember specifically.

Your right, I checked my purchase history and they were $49.99 originally. Dang, I should have bought that second one! lol.
My concern wasn't so much that it was a fake as that it might not pass verification. In fact after I submitted I started wondering if maybe they had already failed verification before they were sold.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Rough, but I'm happy to have it!
Post 148 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Huge key book!! Congratulations!!!
Post 149 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Huge key book!! Congratulations!!!

Thanks very much!
Post 150 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Excited to get this one back in hand. Had Mazzuchelli sign this in the early 90s, so when CBCS announced the private Miller signing I had to add him too.
Post 151 IP   flag post

Thanks CBCS and @Darryl_H!
Post 152 IP   flag post
Super happy with the BA 12. The Spiderman 62 should have been a 9.8 if the seller hadn't sent it to me in an envelope without any boards 🤦

Post 153 IP   flag post
same books as mail call thread but wanted to update this thread and take out of archive.

Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Won't be able to get them scanned until tomorrow, but just got 12 back today:

Went twelve for twelve - all came back 9.8!
Post 155 IP   flag post
601455 999 30