CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

Collector Ramage23 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

If they were submitted together under the same submission number then they will be processed at the slower tier...in this case, Modern tier. This is likely why I got mine back before you.

Thanks for your reply. I assumed that because the books are listed together under their respective tiers, with a corresponding and separate charge for FedEx return,that each group of 4 would have gone on their merry way through the system. But this is my first time... so now I know.

I almost missed this when I submitted the first time

Post 901 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramage23

I almost missed this when I submitted the first time

Looks like I didn't almost miss that, I did miss it. Thanks.
Post 902 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

You may want to send this one back for a new label.

The letters page does indeed have a letter from "Barry Smith", but it is NOT the artist Barry Windsor-Smith (as comics.org will confirm). Barry Smith was a letter hack from England who had several letters in Silver and Bronze Age Marvels, and in one of those letters, wrote in to (jokingly) question the legitimacy of Barry Windsor-Smith's name.
Post 903 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

The letters page does indeed have a letter from "Barry Smith", but it is NOT the artist Barry Windsor-Smith (as comics.org will confirm). Barry Smith was a letter hack from England who had several letters in Silver and Bronze Age Marvels, and in one of those letters, wrote in to (jokingly) question the legitimacy of Barry Windsor-Smith's name.

That's interesting! Thanks!
Post 904 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I really hope that was a joke.
Post 905 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I've got a very "rare" error label! No way am I sending that back! lol!
Post 906 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@robertofredrico and @GAC - You made me check my CBCS-slabbed copy of X-Men #28 that’s in the older case. There is no mention of BWS on the label, so someone added it to the label within the last 4 or 5 years. Hopefully Steve Borock sees this and has it fixed. Good catch!
Post 907 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I don’t like to have inaccurate information on my labels.

YMMV.
Post 908 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user

Got two, both 9.8.
Didn't think pisting both made sense.

Got this along with several others for signing up for DC streaming.

Post 909 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

received a delivery today, happy to have the showcase back. The two ff6 I had graded a little while back and the had the labels switched, the 2.5 was in the 4.0 and vise versa. Could have easily left the 2.5 in the 4.0 case and cracked the 4.0 and had it regraded. Then had 2 4.0's. I've seen where people will bash grading companies " cbcs calls this a 4.0!!!!" "Cgc calls this a 9.0!!" Im sure it's been switched or wrong labels in some of the cases.
Post 910 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 - Wow, awesome books!
Post 911 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
My wife just texted me to say that my July CBCS submission arrived. Can't wait to get home and see them. I'll post pics here tonight.

Interesting... I was told by customer service, oh so many moons ago, that submissions are processed in order of date submitted. My June 10 books are still in received status.

@Caffeine_Kid - The other thing to keep in mind, is when your submission was actually received in Dallas, not the date shown on your submission invoice. Also, I think @GAC order was only Grading. No Pressing. If yours has a press you have quite the wait.
Post 912 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

@Caffeine_Kid - The other thing to keep in mind, is when your submission was actually received in Dallas, not the date shown on your submission invoice. Also, I think @GAC order was only Grading. No Pressing. If yours has a press you have quite the wait.

I may be putting too much stock in what Customer Service told me, but I was assured that when they are received in Dallas, via Oakville, that the received date in Oakville would be used to determine where it would be slotted into the queue for processing.

Maybe they were blowing smoke up my butt, but I had no reason to believe otherwise. I put press screening and photos for all 8 books. Might be a mighty long time before I see those puppies again.<sigh>
Post 913 IP   flag post
Collector Ramage23 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

I may be putting too much stock in what Customer Service told me, but I was assured that when they are received in Dallas, via Oakville, that the received date in Oakville would be used to determine where it would be slotted into the queue for processing.

Maybe they were blowing smoke up my butt, but I had no reason to believe otherwise. I put press screening and photos for all 8 books. Might be a mighty long time before I see those puppies again.<sigh>

What customer service told you is very likely 100% accurate for the tier your order is in. It is safe to assume no order of the same tier is jumping the queue to be in front of your submission. There are however many orders in higher tiers that are jumping in front because those customers are paying for faster turn around times. I personally cannot justify the cost on most of my books so I go with Fast Press as my only addon (Still makes each book cost $48 before shipping).

Adding Press Screening will increase the turn around times and if they determine that the books will be better with a press (almost always) your books might have been in the press queue adding time to your submission.

Waiting sucks but that seems to be the name of the game for all collectables grading atm.
Post 914 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
This is still in transit but this book is one of my new grails just because of the sentimental value. Loved watching An American Tale as a kid and was one of my favorites to watch with my Mom who has since passed but now to have an book autographed by the voice of Fievel in my collection. Over the moon. Well worth the wait, just seeing the image has made all the wait that much worth it. I know what movie I'll be rewatching tonight.

Post 915 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@bennyb86
My condolences on your loss
Post 916 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

My first big CBCS submission just got back and I'm very happy overall! 3 9.9s including 1 on a non metal unpressed raw, and 5 more 9.8s including my first foreign 9.8, plus no cracked cases or newton rings 😎 and I love the details on the foreign labels.
Great job to the team at CBCS!
Post 917 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
@HotKeyComics I think you need to check around your house for a fire...or fog. ;0)
Post 918 IP   flag post
Collector Track17 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 919 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

My Dad used to tell me not to be surprised if the fire department shows up to administer an enema, when I believed something I was told that was unlikely.

Thanks for the memories.
Post 920 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Sitting at home trying to get over a bout of pneumonia. These came in today so that helped me feel better.

I slabbed this one primarily for preservation. It was fragile when I got it late last year.

Post 921 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I have that same crime SuspenStories
Post 922 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte It was my first EC book. I almost didn't get it because it was so fragile but the LCS I went to had a 50% off anniversary sale that day so that put it at a price I was comfortable with. Plus, that's such a great classic EC cover.
Post 923 IP   flag post
Agreed. It's my first as well. Of course my dumb ass tore the book and gave it a spline split on the bottom because it was more fragile than I had thought and I should have known better than to count the pages given my hands shake.

But very cool cover gratz!
Post 924 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
More books back!

Always loved this classic cover

My earliest Daredevil

Slowly adding to my EC collection

Classic Thor cover, love it!

Early JIM, available for trade

Great cover! One of my few 9.8's

Post 925 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the grades from my grade only (No Press) that was picked up by MCS:

Deathmate Blue (1993) 1GOLD CBCS 9.8
Gold Edition.

Deathmate Preview Orange (1993) CBCS 9.8

Deathmate Preview Orange (1993) CBCS 9.4

Deathmate Preview Orange (1993) CBCS 9.0

Deathmate Preview Orange (1993) CBCS 7.5

Deathmate Preview Orange (1993) CBCS 6.0

Deathmate Preview Orange (1993) CBCS 3.0

Hardcase (1993) 1A CBCS 9.2

Jack Kirby's Secret City Saga (1993) 0S CBCS 9.8
Special Collector's Edition.

Jack of Hearts (1984) 1 CBCS 9.8
Direct Edition. (This was a ReHolder)

Plasm (1993 Diamond Insert) 0 CBCS 9.8

Zorro (1993 Topps) 1B CBCS 9.8
Preview Edition.

They will be listed shortly.
Post 926 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
These are from my April 16, 2021 order - all modern, no fast pass, 1 press, all sig verifications. Got 'em back in yesterday.

There were actually 4 books in this order, but one was a duplicate that's just headed straight to MCS for consignment with some other stuff (Joker 80'th anniversary Crusty Bunkers signed). These 3 I'm not totally sure about yet.

These are all Neal Adams verified sigs, it's good they were verified, cause I got them from his store

I'm fairly certain I'm keeping this one.

I am a sucker for good Vampi variants. Truth is though, this one is drawing me in not cause of the Vampi but cause of the monster. I dig the art there.

Fairly certain this one is headed to MCS. I'm not a big X-Men collector, and while I like the cover I dunno if I like it enough to keep it. And, at this point, I have plenty of Neal Adams Sigs.

Post 927 IP   flag post
Collector Vrishnak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 928 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

I submitted a few books and this batch was an afterthought and it came back first. Ironically steve Borock just posted a thread " people, count your pages" at the same time this book was going through. Rookie mistake. This is a duplicate, just hope my other books being graded are complete because I didn't count them either, lol
Post 929 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 930 IP   flag post
601487 999 30