Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

this batch I sent to CBCS yesterday, the last 4 were last minute throw in. Post pictures of the results
Post 876 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Nice choices @Batman66
Double Marvel Premiere #28 👍 That book will see it day hopefully soon!
Post 877 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 AWESOME batch of books. Congrats!
Post 878 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@TellEmSteveDave have a mark jewelers mp28 as well
Post 879 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 thanks, much appreciated
Post 880 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

this batch I sent to CBCS yesterday, the last 4 were last minute throw in. Post pictures of the results

Nice group of books.

May want to throw in a key or two to make the grading worth it 🤣

Seriously a sweet looking lot mate 👍
Post 881 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry so long, finally had a chance to get to my office and retrieve my comics.

Before the photos though, i just want to let @SBorock know that props go out to the CBCS finishing team. These past couple of submissions that i have received back are beautiful and clean. No mars, scratches, rub marks, nothing. 🥂

I now have full 9.8 runs in CBCS Sonicweld encasements of:

Infinity Gauntlet
Infinity War

Along with matching pairs of the following for my Twin Sons:
Spider-Man Maximum Clonage Alpha
Spider-Man Maximum Clonage Omega
X-Men Alpha
X-Men Omega
Post 882 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Post 883 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Was finally able to swing by CBCS today and pick up one of my orders. Dropped this one off in early January for press and grade.

Either I was feeling uncharacteristically pessimistic or my grading mojo was off, as my anticipated grade on the first three of these was 1.0 or 1.5 below what it came back as. I shan't complain.

At least I nailed the grade on Wolverine! The first three are staying in my PC, but the Wolverine will be going up for sale.

Post 884 IP   flag post
@CatCovers - i am pretty good at spotting 9.8’s. Below 9.4, my wheels fall off the bus. But yes, either the press was amazing or you were very pessimistic that day cause those first two look amazing for 7.0 and 8.0 just based on the front cover.
Post 885 IP   flag post
@CatCovers yeah, after seeing your books, I'm worried about the books I just submitted
Post 886 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
I... uh... well, it's just that, you know... like it says, you just can't beat nature.

Post 887 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@figment Great books and great seeing you today!
Post 888 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
@figment Great books and great seeing you today!

Thank you kind sir, the pleasure was all mine. Please also thank your entire team from myself and all of us that makeup Figment.
Post 889 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
My wife just texted me to say that my July CBCS submission arrived. Can't wait to get home and see them. I'll post pics here tonight.
Post 890 IP   flag post
Collector Ramage23 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my June submission back.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures - Canadian Price Newsstand 9.4 - No notes yet but I can see some color rub and some chips on the top of the book. Really had no idea what I was looking for when I submitted 8 months ago. I have learned a lot from these forums since then. I bought this comic new 34 years ago and carted it around in my collection all that time so I am pleased with the grade.

New Mutants 98 - Direct Edition - 9.8!!! Again I bought this book new 31 years ago and have kept it safe that whole time not really knowing how big a Deadpool fan I would become (Really liked Cable more at the time). This book is never leaving my collection. See my thread asking for grade advice - https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/14824/page/1/new-mutants-98/#4

Post 891 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
My wife just texted me to say that my July CBCS submission arrived. Can't wait to get home and see them. I'll post pics here tonight.

Interesting... I was told by customer service, oh so many moons ago, that submissions are processed in order of date submitted. My June 10 books are still in received status.
Post 892 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 893 IP   flag post

Post 894 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
If I didn't have to buy birthday/anniversary gifts I would have sent my orders out already. Priorities I guess 🤣
Post 895 IP   flag post
@GAC Nice batch of comics. Congrats on getting them returned.
Post 896 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Interesting... I was told by customer service, oh so many moons ago, that submissions are processed in order of date submitted. My June 10 books are still in received status.

What tier did you submit? Modern?
Post 897 IP   flag post
I have 4 books in modern and 4 books in vintage. No apparent movement judging by the dashboard or invoice.

I like your Sea Devils #1. Who doesn't like a story about Octopus Man?
Post 898 IP   flag post
Quote:
I have 4 books in modern and 4 books in vintage. No apparent movement judging by the dashboard or invoice.

I like your Sea Devils #1. Who doesn't like a story about Octopus Man?

If they were submitted together under the same submission number then they will be processed at the slower tier...in this case, Modern tier. This is likely why I got mine back before you.
Post 899 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

If they were submitted together under the same submission number then they will be processed at the slower tier...in this case, Modern tier. This is likely why I got mine back before you.

Thanks for your reply. I assumed that because the books are listed together under their respective tiers, with a corresponding and separate charge for FedEx return,that each group of 4 would have gone on their merry way through the system. But this is my first time... so now I know.
Post 900 IP   flag post
Collector Ramage23 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Thanks for your reply. I assumed that because the books are listed together under their respective tiers, with a corresponding and separate charge for FedEx return,that each group of 4 would have gone on their merry way through the system. But this is my first time... so now I know.

I almost missed this when I submitted the first time

Post 901 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramage23

I almost missed this when I submitted the first time

Looks like I didn't almost miss that, I did miss it. Thanks.
Post 902 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

You may want to send this one back for a new label.

The letters page does indeed have a letter from "Barry Smith", but it is NOT the artist Barry Windsor-Smith (as comics.org will confirm). Barry Smith was a letter hack from England who had several letters in Silver and Bronze Age Marvels, and in one of those letters, wrote in to (jokingly) question the legitimacy of Barry Windsor-Smith's name.
Post 903 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

The letters page does indeed have a letter from "Barry Smith", but it is NOT the artist Barry Windsor-Smith (as comics.org will confirm). Barry Smith was a letter hack from England who had several letters in Silver and Bronze Age Marvels, and in one of those letters, wrote in to (jokingly) question the legitimacy of Barry Windsor-Smith's name.

That's interesting! Thanks!
Post 904 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico

I really hope that was a joke.
Post 905 IP   flag post
601333 999 30