Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
I just love the fishbowl dive helmets on this one. Nice Wanda also. Available for trade.

Post 851 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Kinda speculating a bit on this one. Origin of the High Evolutionary who is coming to the MCU in Guardians Of The Galaxy 3. Great Kirby cover nonetheless. What do you think?

Post 852 IP   flag post
A couple more nice SA I just got back. Available for trade.

For all you Paste-Pot Pete fans out there!

Post 853 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
In my opinion, even if the high evolutionary is in the film, it will prolly be one and done. I can't imagine him being in multiple films. Unless you like it for the art, I would prolly get rid if it.
Post 854 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back from a recent signing

A little disappointed in my New Mutants. It was a 9.8 before the Rob Liefeld signing

Post 855 IP   flag post

Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
My June 17th order. Some stuff for me, some to sell. Some just cause.

I was a bit disappointed in this grade, I thought it was at least a 9.0/9.2. But, so it goes:

This is a weird one. DF signed by John Romita Sr. But he doesn't actually have any art in the book, think he just signed cause of his association with DD? I like the cover, and I don't have anything else signed by Romita right now so, I decided to get this one verified.

These 2 are both signed by Bernard Chang, another issue I'm not sure why it was signed by him when he doesn't do the covers or interior art (as far as I can see), though he does do another variant cover of the issue. I think they thought he did some of the interior art? Regardless, I wanted them verified.

JLA 2nd Edition #1.

Since I know it'll be a while before I get the real thing, grabbed this and got it graded so I could display it on the wall (even when/if I do get the real thing, this will still be what gets displayed on a wall )

Post 856 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Love that true believers!!! These look really amazing!! Has anyone nroken one of the new cases?.
Post 857 IP   flag post
Collector BooksOfRage private msg quote post Address this user
My first shipment from CBCS! *wipes tear*

Post 858 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
I just got these back and man I ecstatic. I couldn’t be happier. I’ve always wanted the batgirl steampunk variant and took a chance on eBay many moons ago and decided to get it graded.

The sailor moon I can’t even begin to think how this got a 9.8. I’ve read these are very hard to get in high grade and if I read the census right it’s 1 of 4 convention variants graded at 9.8.

Post 859 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
A few Mark Jeweler variants, and all of it drek.

Post 860 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my books back.

Post 861 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Sent these back in March 2021 during the 10% off discount promo.
Thanks to everyone at CBCS!!!!

Post 862 IP   flag post
So much great stuff in this thread!
Post 863 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215

Back from cgc a few weeks ago. 👍

These three are going to cbcs soon! something about the ultimate 22 i don't trust. Plus the case is better.
Post 864 IP   flag post
Great cover from 1944. One of my few Golden Age.

Post 865 IP   flag post
Love me some EC's. Mid-grade, but wanted to preserve them. Jack Davis, Wally Wood, great!

Post 866 IP   flag post
I always feel so depressed and anxious when I see this comic. Is there anything that could help me?

Post 867 IP   flag post
Decent early Thor. Available for trade.

Post 868 IP   flag post
Nice pair of Moon Knight #1's. Can't wait to see Oscar Issac in the role. Looks great in the previews.

Post 869 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 870 IP   flag post
Collector Vrishnak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 871 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Avengers annual 10 6.5
X-Men 4 5.5

Post 872 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Scifinator has gone back to his old ways. Not only did I do a little peaky once I got the notification, but I am posting now even before the shipment is received back. This was a combo Grade only & Re-Holder submission. No Press & no VSP. CBCS received on 7/6. Here is what I have coming back plus some back story:

Grade only
21-21C0BA4-001 Dawn: The Return of the Goddess #1 [1999] Certified 9.8
21-21C0BA4-006 Spider-Man: Maximum Clonage Alpha #1 [1995] Certified 9.8

Re-Holder
20-0CD73AC-030 X-Men Omega #nn [1995] Certified 9.8
20-103CBD7-032 X-Men: Alpha #1 [1995] Certified 9.8
19-3612DCD-012 Spider-Man: Maximum Clonage Omega #1 [1995] Certified 9.8
19-364D453-007 Spider-Man: Maximum Clonage Omega #1 [1995] Certified 9.8
19-364D453-006 Spider-Man: Maximum Clonage Alpha #1 [1995] Certified 9.8
00-7002758-AA-003 Marvel Spotlight #7 [1980] Certified 9.8
19-2E0FD0F-015 Infinity War #4 [1992] Certified 9.8
19-2AD1D20-064 Infinity Gauntlet #6 [1991] Certified 9.8
19-2AD1D20-063 Infinity Gauntlet #4 [1991] Certified 9.8

Back stories - At first glance, you might be thinking WTF with the odd number of Alphas & Omegas. Some duplicated, some not. Well, as some know, I have twin sons. When twins are born, hospital staff refer to them as Baby A and Baby B. A few years ago I decided to establish an LLC for each son. I was going to differentiate each LLC with the last word of each title as "Alpha" and "Beta". When I sat them both down to explain what I was going to do and why, my younger son instantly expressed his displeasure with the name/title. He stated in no uncertain terms that he is not a subordinate "Beta", but is instead the "Omega" twin. I understood, agreed, and moved accordingly. Then I saw the Maximum Clonage comics and the X-Men, and knew that I had to get them each as set. First, it was hard enough to find them in CBCS encasements. But then, the encasements didn't match. So I sent in the older clip encasements for re-holder to match the sonicweld encasements. And, after more than a year, I was still short one graded Maximum Clonage Alpha, so I had to continue to scour ebay for a nice enough raw copy. Now, my nearly 3 year quest looks to be complete.

The Marvel Spotlight 7 was an upgrade for my PC, but it was in a super old label/encasement as you can tell from the cert number.

The Infinity's were already in my PC, but were also sent in for re-holder as I wanted both full runs in the sonic weld encasements.

When I have time, I will post photos after I receive the shipment.

Cheers.
Post 873 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back (Part 1)

Post 874 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
(Part 2)

Post 875 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

this batch I sent to CBCS yesterday, the last 4 were last minute throw in. Post pictures of the results
Post 876 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Nice choices @Batman66
Double Marvel Premiere #28 👍 That book will see it day hopefully soon!
Post 877 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 AWESOME batch of books. Congrats!
Post 878 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@TellEmSteveDave have a mark jewelers mp28 as well
Post 879 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 thanks, much appreciated
Post 880 IP   flag post
601512 999 30