Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

got these back yesterday, was expecting 7.5's in the first two, thought the tta 93 would grade higher. The heartbreaker is the 165. Told the guy who I bought it from about the color touch, basically said sucks for you. I use to buy a lot from him, then he started inching up his prices, now he's out if his mind for what he wants for his books.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 regardless, those are really nice books!

Congrats!

That’s another early Adam Warlock appearance I’ve seen. Are people grabbing those for a movie appearance?
Post 52 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie thanks warlock was put on hold but James Gunn is back for gotg 3. It's a good time to pick one up. I bought this one a year and a half ago. Now I'm looking for a higher grade copy, unrestored
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector 1lpfan private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my books back from submitting at C2E2! Very happy with them!

Post 54 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector rickjames private msg quote post Address this user
A Cody Lockwood facilitated Haul:

Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
Green Lantern #85 (1971)
Post 57 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@willieCPA4646 what a cool book to have in that grade.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Bump so everyone can see cool books/thread not getting archived.
Post 59 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
my latest return but this came back a while ago. I've got 32 books combined at CBCS and CGC that some should be back in a few weeks...will post when I get them.

Post 60 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
My first graded books. Cates cover to display, Bagley and Stegman to sell. I thought FF 150 would come back higher but overlooked some issues with the cover; oh well; it was more of an experiment to see what it would grade as a bargain find in the wild.

Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector ComicConnoisseur private msg quote post Address this user
Nice stuff.CBCS RULES!
Post 62 IP   flag post
Received today from the SUPPORTTHEHOBBY promo. I may be just about finished with the TF Infiltration retailer incentive/exclusive series, and I believe this completes the All Hail Megatron retailer incentive/exclusive series.

Post 63 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley kick ass books!!! nice!!
Post 64 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Books from my very first slabbed submission. They will all be up on my for sale thread as soon as I figure out prices

Post 65 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Hey I have a question...I just noticed that the Venom 162 on MCS says the cover is by Dave Johnson but my label says Rich Johnson?? Which one is correct???
Post 66 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
All the ebay listings say Dave Johnson, wonder where they got Rich from.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
According to GCD it is Dave. It looks like the label is wrong.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
According to GCD it is Dave. It looks like the label is wrong.

Oh bummer 😕 probably no way to get it fixed?
Post 69 IP   flag post
@GAC thank you!

@MutantMania If you contact customer service and explain it, it's an easy fix. Usually just send it back, they fix the label, and return it to you.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Got these back today. I submitted these through Cody Lockwood at the Livonia show back in March. He was very easy to work with. I actually bought the Venom book raw at that show as an impulse. The Avengers book I have had for awhile and had George Perez sign it back in 2013 at the Motor City Con. The Avengers book will stay in my PC. I was not too worried about the grade being I have no plans of selling it.
Post 71 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips Awesome books!! Great signature placement too!! Congrats!!
Post 72 IP   flag post

Post 73 IP   flag post

Post 74 IP   flag post

1st received checkmark

Post 75 IP   flag post

Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Nice books. Love the Conan#1.
Post 77 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips Thank you!! This batch of books were a little tough on my predictions...I was really hoping to squeeze out an 8.0 on the Conan 1....a 7.5 with a ✔ is as close as one can get. 🍻
Post 78 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - Some great books there, Angelo. Sorry to see the color touch and trim on the labels - I have had that happen to me in the past, and I really fear that it is only a matter of time before it happens to me again. We certainly have similar tastes in comics.
Post 79 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thank you Ed!! Much appreciated! Yeah, the trimming and resto sucks...those books are out there for sure!
Post 80 IP   flag post
598060 999 30