Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - Man that sucks! Did most of the other books survive the journey?
Post 701 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Holy crap!!! I'd be LIVID at FedEx!!!
Post 702 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@HeinzDad Ugh!! sorry to see that man!! What's the recourse on this?
AAAAWWWWW shoot, no recourse. Ill gladly pay the shipping to and from for a re holder. I have always been fine with that. I wouldn't however ideally be placed at the back of the line, lol.
I deal with shipping a lot of things, comics included, just offering friendly tips. Basically I'm sure I'm not the only one having this happen and sending them back. Will spending an extra few bucks to pack keep the system from getting so backed up? Thats all.
Post 703 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@HeinzDad - Man that sucks! Did most of the other books survive the journey?
Three others damaged that aren't horrible, I'd over look them but why not send them back in since Uncle Con Job is certainly going back!
Post 704 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

I think CBCS bears "some" responsibility as well. If I were shipping the books I would have split up the shipment to give more cushioning given the fragility of the plastic cases.
Post 705 IP   flag post

Quote:
Everyone just up and quite the hub in Perrysburg Jesse. It took 2 calls into customer service to break this baby outta county. Its been 8 miles away from me for a week without having the option for me to pick it up.
Post 706 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

When I saw that picture, I didn't realize the box was on a table. So seeing the appliance dolly behind it, I figured it was a HUGE box!!! Sadly, it took me until the picture of the box opened to figure out it was a box of CBCS slabs.

LOL
Post 707 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad That's really sad. Ditto @Bronte. What the hell? Was the box dirty and FedEx rinsed it off?
Post 708 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - D@mn - 3rd shipment like this. Looks like FedEx left out in the rain or took a firehose to it and then played toss the box. Have you pissed off you FedEx driver in the past?
Post 709 IP   flag post
Ok, I'm gonna do this in a couple posts. I know where all these came from and being purchased over the last 2 years during the un mentionable a lot of these books came fro you fellas. The first lot is a Couple LCS pick ups.

JC's comics in Toledo.

Rad Raptor, Adrian Mich.

I way missed the grade boat on this book. I referred to a board member about selling it at 9.6-9.8, lol. What can I say, it was early lab days and it could be improved. It is a second print though, I'll likely leave it as is.

My buddy Dave gave me this book, yellow cover and I didn't have a copy! He also had 3 books in here that aren't pictured, one damaged.

Post 710 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

When I saw that picture, I didn't realize the box was on a table. So seeing the appliance dolly behind it, I figured it was a HUGE box!!! Sadly, it took me until the picture of the box opened to figure out it was a box of CBCS slabs.

LOL
I had to crop out proprietary info!!!!
Post 711 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@HeinzDad - D@mn - 3rd shipment like this. Looks like FedEx left out in the rain or took a firehose to it and then played toss the box. Have you pissed off you FedEx driver in the past?
No, I do a drop off pick up.
Post 712 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte & @HeinzDad- I have received about a hundred of these ~30 comics per box that made the trip from TX to CA. While there has been damage to the boxes (punctures, crushes, and rips) only once has there been an issue whereby I received broken encasement. FedEx fault all the way here, but as with my case, no doubt CBCS will take care of shortly after they receive back and not make you wait 17 weeks. Mine came, almost immediately, and back well under the estimated TAT at the time.

WTF FedEx? That is some USPS / Samsonite Gorilla $#!+ there.
Post 713 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Those pictures make my balls hurt.

Post 714 IP   flag post
Like I said. It's always been made right. But why HellBlazer? Why?????????
Anyways, here are single books from forum members.
This is an @poka charity sale. I got hit hard for 2 tiny color rubs on the back. Where'd those charity sales go fella? I don't care about the grade at all, I have a third print to send in to collect all three.

Here we have an @starlord I had in my possession for 2 days before it rode this train. Its a new book for me!!!! I was hoping for a 6.5 but I'm cool with it!

This is an @Noblebeast315. What can I say, we both missed what earned it the grade, gimme a 9.0 for crying out loud and ditch the check mark! The back is blasted, going in with Constantine.

And from the hallowed halls of the @esaravo collection!

Post 715 IP   flag post
Man.... my kid's iPad must have boogers smeared on the lens.
Post 716 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad we all know those aren't your kids boogers.
Post 717 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@HeinzDad we all know those aren't your kids boogers.
What are you suggesting it is???? You can Pm me, lol!!! These two books are from @BrianGreensnips.

Post 718 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad I'm suggesting they're yours. It could be worse. I know a guy in his 30s who still eats his own boogers Ironically he's a huge Ren & Stimpy fan.
Post 719 IP   flag post
These are from my homey @EbayMafia, (formerly known as seller). He took a lab rookie up on an offer and its been comic hijinx since then. You guys have seen books I've brokered from him in the past, here are more.

This book will never be valuable but I got robbed. The notes don't point out why I called it a 9.6 and I still can't see what lands the 9.2.

MCS 4.0 he landed when I busted balls about getting @esaravo's copy.

Two books of his run for hijinx.

Post 720 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I hate fedex sooo much.
Post 721 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Yay! I totally forgot I owned a New Mutants #87
Post 722 IP   flag post
These are #CodyCon buys. Cody is a CBCS rep up here in the Mich./Oh. area. When no one could go buy comics he started a Facebook sale on Friday nights. These are all CodyCon buys simply because they were fun "minty fresh" lab candidates. Aside from the Constantine of course which im still bumming about.
This was stored for a while and its my fault I didn't re check the back. I had it at 8.5.

At this point im calling the check mark a whole grade hit but doesn't look like it. This one is questionable to me as well but who cares. Booger iPad kid will happily take it.

Post 723 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Damn. Strawberry shortcake!!!!!
Post 724 IP   flag post
lol, heard this last week: In the old days parents worried about their high school kids smoking Marlboro Reds. Todays parents worry about their high school kids vaping Strawberry Shortcake. It's a symbol of everything that's wrong with the world today.
Post 725 IP   flag post
shoot, vaping? You can still get that o naturalll.
Post 726 IP   flag post
I had to look up vaping strawberry shortcake. Wow there are like a million flavors of it. I had no idea. I guess I need to come out from out from under my rock sometime....
Post 727 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if Huckleberry Pie ever vaped Strawberry Shortcake?
Post 728 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I wonder if Huckleberry Pie ever vaped Strawberry Shortcake?
nope... they eat mushrooms... the reason why the cover is sooooooooo cool!
Post 729 IP   flag post
Betty and Veronica cover may be the worst attempt at a mirror image that I've ever seen. Unless there are two Veronica's.
Post 730 IP   flag post
600892 999 30