Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back.

The Strange Tales is my sons.

The Batman I got from Lawguy on these boards.

Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie Awesome books and I love that Batman #163, but just an FYI, I'm not the one who sold it.
Post 602 IP   flag post
Also, here are the re-holders I got back with the new cases and updated yellow labels. Very glad I did the upgrade. I've posted the "before" and "after" of each, and sorry for the glare!

Post 603 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
@Jabberwookie Awesome books and I love that Batman #163, but just an FYI, I'm not the one who sold it.

Well, shoot!

I need to research and remember where the Batman came from. It was somebody on the boards, but I sent them back in February so now I can’t remember who it was.

Beautiful books, by the way!
Post 604 IP   flag post
@Jabberwookie Thanks!
Post 605 IP   flag post

Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user

These are my first ever submission. I am absolutely stoked for these grade. I was expecting a 6-7 grade. I just sent in the next three books of the series. Hopefully they come back around the same grades.
Post 606 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I've been waiting two weeks to be able to claim this package due to being out of town for work. A couple of pleasant surprises. Two of them I was super excited to see. The XM 13 was purchased from 30th Century Comics in the UK. They graded it as a FN/VF according to their little COA. It cleaned up nicely. So did the Batman.

Post 607 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

just received these back today, was happy with the grades, came back what I hoped they would. I wasn't expecting tear seals on the asm1. Had to get a hold of the dealer I bought it from to see if we can work something out. He guaranteed no restoration
Post 608 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

Damn...
Post 609 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Congrats on the awesome books! That Batman #171 is one of my favorite Silver Age covers.
Post 610 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I didn't do to bad...no press just grade...missed the defects on the Black Adam cover

Post 611 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

Damn x 2
Post 612 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Just got these back.

The Strange Tales is my sons.

The Batman I got from Lawguy on these boards.

how much do they charge to verify a signature ?
Post 613 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Those are wonderful looking books! Careful or you’ll lose your dreck cred!

@beastboy1980 I think it was $20-$25 for sig verification. I also got it pressed so it was a while back.
Post 614 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 615 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user

I'm cheating as I don't have the book yet but it just got marked as completed on my dashboard, love this cover and not bad for non-pressed LCS find.
Post 616 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
@bennyb86
That's an interesting cover.
Post 617 IP   flag post
Collector LostWarrior17 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back from CBCS today after a few weeks, excited to open the box! Although I was a little disappointed because I did not know my TOS 50 was restored, Glad I got it before Shang-Chi was announced!

Post 618 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

just received these back today, was happy with the grades, came back what I hoped they would. I wasn't expecting tear seals on the asm1. Had to get a hold of the dealer I bought it from to see if we can work something out. He guaranteed no restoration

Wow! I am pretty sure I will never own an AF15 ...

Great books!
Post 619 IP   flag post
Here are my latest, just back from Texas. I sent these down using the rapid tier and they were back to me in just over a week.

This was a local small show find...I figured it as a 4.5 after a press...I was not too far off.

This one was bought at the same time...also guessed it was a 4.5, but this one ended up a little lower. What I did not know was that it was color touched. I did not catch it at the show, and never rechecked it once it was home. I do not mind restored books, but I do mind if I buy one without knowing it is restored!

This one I bought off of a vendor friend of mine several years ago. He let it go to me at a real good price. We both knew that something was up on top of the spine, but we figured it was just a stain of some sort....turns out it was glue! But it is an Avengers #1 after all, so I can live with the conserved tag.

All these are for my personal collection....
Post 620 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
I finally got these back today:

Post 621 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Everyone take notice of this thread. Your comics DO come back even if they aren’t marked as received for a month or whatever. Thanks @Fads89 and @Trespa68!
Post 622 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
That they do. It's like Christmas in August!
Post 623 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Everyone take notice of this thread. Your comics DO come back even if they aren’t marked as received for a month or whatever. Thanks @Fads89 and @Trespa68!

Well I was a bit worried after reading the "How long for submissions to be checked in?" thread....but all's well that ends well!
Post 624 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Trespa68, like the late Ron Popiel said, “Set it N Forget it”.
Post 625 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
@Trespa68, like the late Ron Popiel said, “Set it N Forget it”.

@HeinzDad Exactly, I have to look at my dashboard every month or so just to remember what I have submitted.
Post 626 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Trespa68 thanks, you never know, I know someone who has found a af15 at a yard sale
Post 627 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

Post 628 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Finally back after a long trip overseas and back

Post 629 IP   flag post
Just got these back from cgc, have a couple more in the mail on the way home

slabbing the ff49 completed the surfer trinity
Post 630 IP   flag post
600737 999 30