Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back today - my two free 2-Day Moderns.

Was hoping Edge of Spider-verse would come back a little higher.

Can’t complain about Silver Surfer. I may or may not sell this. Can’t make up my mind.

Post 526 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
This little slice of magic was delivered today. My first ART label and I really like it.

Post 527 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user

Post 528 IP   flag post
Collector willlewis78 private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome. Great books indeed
Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Got these back yesterday. My first shipment back from CBCS (though my 2nd submission, this one just had no presses or VSP, and I did FastPass). The Batman #92 is definitely a keep for me, not sure about the other 3 yet.

I have another copy of this in with CGC, once I get that back I might sell one of them. I was a bit disappointed with this grade, I thought it was an 7.5 to 8.0 or so. But I'm not complaining, that's why they get paid to do it and I don't.

I'm not a massive Star Wars comic fan (the movies and shows, etc... are another story). So I'm more than likely going to sell this. Glad it came out with the 9.8.

Love this cover, even more than the regular one. I have 2 more that are unslabbed as of yet. Not sure if I want to send the rest in for grading and go on a selling spree? Just keep what I have? Sell a couple and just keep 1? Regardless, pretty sure they're all 9.8 candidates. Though I did read one. I was careful but who knows.

This one I know I'm keeping. It'll join the joker "family" wall rotation. In fact it already has

Post 530 IP   flag post

Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these 6 books back on Saturday.

These have the web stamp on the back.
Post 531 IP   flag post
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user
Got these two back today! Happy with the grades for just sending them in without some extra tlc. I might send the 6.0 to get cleaned and pressed to see if it can get a grade bump.

Post 532 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I received an unexpected package right now. I submitted through a 3rd party presser that didn't update me that my comics were shipped, but fortunately I was home. About to see my grades blind, hoping for the best and I'll post the photos shortly.
Post 533 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
These have the web stamp on the back.

I had thought I saw some time ago that 9.8's could not be a given grade to the McFarlane Web stamp S.M #1's? I had read the stamp is an automatic deduction.
Maybe I've been delirious but I've not submitted my web stamp books specifically because I knew I had zero chance of 9.8. This changes the mindset
Post 534 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'm extremely happy with the results despite the one dud that I thought would grade as a 9.4 or above and I highly recommend opening your comics blind:

Thanks to @poka for the UF #4 from the charity raffle last year!

The Bone #7 CBCS 9.2, X-Men #5 - Newsstand CBCS 9.8, and Venom #25 CBCS 9.8, will listed here clickable textand 100% of the net proceeds will be donated to the GoFundMe. I'll also be updating the listed post with additional comics throughout the month of June.
Post 535 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 536 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Hahaha...even before you posted this I was thinking you should consider a name change to @HeinzDrool
Post 537 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s my December order

If anyone was asking “Why did he get GL #1 graded?”

Here’s why, it was the first number 1 issue of any series I bought when I was a kid.
Post 538 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Reholder red label, old slab to yellow label, new slab

Slab Only VSP

Post 539 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Did everyone in Canada get an airdrop of CBCS books?
Post 540 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Ha! seems so....enough orders must have accumulated to make it worthwhile to ship.
Post 541 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Whole bunch of crap - most for sale at MCS once I can mail them
down!!

all had pressing -how did my grading compare
Young Avengers Me 9.6 actual 9.8
ASM 361 Me 9.4 actual 9.6
ASM 316 Me 9.2 actual 9.4
ASM 299 Me 9.4 actual 9.8
Jimmy Olsen Me 8.5, 8,9.0 actual 8.5x3
BB54 me 5.5 actual 6.5
all others I was right on - mostly I was lower so I will chock that up to the press getting it better than I though the press could do!

Post 542 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Reholder order back. No more rivets plus the GI Joe 26 CPV is now on the pop report. So many more rivet labels to get rid of.

Post 543 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley those are some amazing books!
Post 544 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley those are some heavy hitters mike, congrats
Post 545 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
studley - that X-men 49 is a beaut. Just for aesthetics I would select that one from the books shown. Wow!
Post 546 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley nice books, you've been sand-bagging us all this time keeping the good stuff hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplecdad
studley - that X-men 49 is a beaut. Just for aesthetics I would select that one from the books shown. Wow!

@Triplecdad I just parted ways with my signed 8.0 of X-men 49, it got to expensive for me to justify keeping. Couple months ago I asked if people would prefer owning X-men 49 or 50 as they were pretty equal in value. Most everyone agreed on X-men 50 but since that time the market has really gone towards X-men 49. I suspect it's a lot harder to find in grade. X-men 50 has been considered a collectors item for a much longer timeframe.
Post 547 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia haha, they were hidden because the rivets weren't photogenic!

I had to look up the sale prices on the 49 and wow. I'm glad I finished the XM run a few years ago because I couldn't touch a lot of the early keys now.
Post 548 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Holy crap Mike!! Those are amazing books!! Congrats man!! So much nicer in those new slabs eh? I plan to reholder all my old generation CBCS slabs. The new ones are great!
Post 549 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 550 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
Is Pinocchio about to step on that cricket? Great cover!
Post 551 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Studley_Dudley Holy crap Mike!! Those are amazing books!! Congrats man!! So much nicer in those new slabs eh? I plan to reholder all my old generation CBCS slabs. The new ones are great!

I'm definitely getting all the rivets reholdered. I'll keep most of the original label stuff. I like the pink verified labels, but the more burgundy labels of the rivet era have to go. I also looked at more of the values of some of them I sent down. I probably should have insured the package for more. The new slabs are really nice. I'm still impressed with how much more I like them than the previous slabs.
Post 552 IP   flag post
@martymann beautiful books, Marty!
Post 553 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@martymann beautiful books, Marty!

Thank you...they are truly some of my favorites. I spent an
entire Saturday going from dealer to dealer in Scranton looking
for that copy of BIKE COMICS.

Marty
Post 554 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Thank you...they are truly some of my favorites. I spent an
entire Saturday going from dealer to dealer in Scranton looking
for that copy of BIKE COMICS.

@martymann Do you mean when it was new? Looks like it was a promotional giveaway...did you ultimately find it at a bicycle shop or a newsstand?
Post 555 IP   flag post
601289 999 30