Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Comicninja0215 Thanks! It's still one of my favorite Batman stories of all time. Been slowly working on getting my entire Hush run signed by Jim Lee and slabbed. Halfway there currently, just waiting for another chance to get in front of Jim again!
Post 476 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 never got to meet the man so congratulations to you! But I did meet Scott Williams, he signed my 615 which is my second favorite cover out of that run. I'll always have a special place in my heart for hush because that's the first comic story I read when I really stared collecting.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 Nice! This makes me want to go and get the individual Hush books
I have a couple of Jim Lee signed books (JL, other Batman book) which I plan to send in the future. Still waiting for my VSP submission to arrive ( I did get the email that said it finished grading and going to casing).
Post 478 IP   flag post
@Comicninja0215 That is fantastic! And I totally agree about #615 -- definitely one of the best of that run. Scott Williams is really cool, and I think he's a solid penciller on top of being one of the best inkers in the business.

I've been extremely fortunate with meeting a lot of creators because of Torpedo Comics here in Vegas. They had monthly signings prior to the pandemic, and the owner (drummer from System of a Down) is good friends with Jim Lee. Last time they had Lee, Scott Williams and Alex Sinclair all together, so I've got my #608 signed by all three.
Post 479 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977 holy s**t!!!!!!!! I want jom to sign at least one of those, hopefully when nycc comes back.
Post 480 IP   flag post

@Comicninja0215 I hope you can! Seriously, I miss conventions. Going to NYCC is on my bucket list.
Post 481 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977 the last year I was there was kind of a bust and then covid hit some I'm hoping they bring it back.
Post 482 IP   flag post
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user

Just got this back. Very happy with the grade and the chance to get the signature.
Post 483 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
These arrived today...overall I'm happy but the lower graded BP1 and SW1 was unexpected. I should have had them pressed.

Post 484 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 485 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC great books though!!!
Post 486 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Thanks!! appreciate that!!
Post 487 IP   flag post
These arrived today...

Post 488 IP   flag post

Post 489 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC nice annual and DD 7 👍
Post 490 IP   flag post
@southerncross thank you!! 🍻
Post 491 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't have the book in my hands yet as FedEx still has it but here is the scan from CBCS! Very excited about this as this is a grail book for me and a much better improvement from my reader copy. A bit bummed as I thought this would have been 9.8 but still happy to finally get a nice copy of this in my personal collection.

Batman 386

Post 492 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
A couple more books from my last order...
Adding to my Hanna Barbera collection

Post 493 IP   flag post
Now i have to send in my DD 7 , woooo
Post 494 IP   flag post
Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
My orders came in and I am vey happy with what I see. First time sending to cbcs. Main reason was for VSP and all passed! Besides VSP, I also went and got pressing done which helped. Looks great.

Overall, very happy with the service and results. Case is also a standout!

I will be sending more signed / non-signed book into cbcs in future.

Also, for some who may ask, books were submitted & received on 10/22/2020 and I got them today 4/12/2021 (~ 6 months)

Post 495 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
It said a spine tick color break and moisture waves in the interior. I’m not sure how that happened in it was stored well and never near moisture, but Que sera sera...

Stop blowing your nose in the comics.
Post 496 IP   flag post
@MrNotSoNice 🤣
Post 497 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
Received these yesterday. I was very pleased with the grades in relation to what I spent on them.

Post 498 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Two new slabs in today!

Post 499 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
These came back last week but my son had a reholder in the order and I wanted to wait until he felt better from the Covid. I submitted these back in January at a comic show with the help of Cody Lockwood. I brought I believe about 13 books and had Cody help me narrow it down to 10 books. I did a minimum 9.6 prescreen on the submission. I am very pleased with this batch of books. I can definitely say that my eye for detecting defects has improved over the last year or so. I did not press or clean any of these books. 1 book got rejected which was a Venom #9 which was 1st full Dylan Brock. I think the book still looks great and this means it would have been a 9.4 or lower. I wish I could tell why. I might be putting a couple of these books up for sale here being that I have been buying just too many books and supplies lately. Here are the 9 graded books I got back. Sorry about the glare.

Post 500 IP   flag post
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for the glare. Sent this into Clan McDonald Comics last year, and just got it back. Same grade as I sent it in as with 3 signatures added to it. Now the internal debate starts if I send it to GCOA for the Chris Claremont signing opp.

Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Hell Yeah!! Got this signed almost 30 years ago.

Post 502 IP   flag post
About this book I did not realize Joe Monks went blind only found out about 3 years ago.

Post 503 IP   flag post
I got these signed at the same show as my Sandman #1. I was out of the hobby when Marshall Rogers passed away only found out about 3 years ago so glad to have the memory of meeting him he was a cool dude.

Post 504 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Murmonster

Love the joker fish
Post 505 IP   flag post
601333 999 30