Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’m in the laboratory for the next hour. Pics after my friend!
Post 451 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - Hope you are having fun!

Post 452 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@HeinzDad - Hope you are having fun!

I will, unlike Dexter I have beer in my beakers.
Post 453 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad at work:

Post 454 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@HeinzDad at work:

That episode was awesome!!!!!!
Post 455 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I rarely criticize CBCS but 22 books in one box seems a bit excessive. This box doesn’t look promising.
Edit: one slab crack. That’s not bad I suppose all things considered.
Wow, there is a dog puke stain on my carpet here. Ill just admit it instead of editing.
Post 456 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad don't blame the dog for not being able to handle your liquor.
Post 457 IP   flag post
Quite some time ago @EbayMafia and I decided to embark on an endeavor. what we have here are the results. 21 books received today along with another 4 I was holding that are destined for MCS. If anyone sees anything they like feel free to make him an offer, and I don't have a problem shipping to you guys. Otherwise they will be gone in a week as it would be a lot easier.

Post 458 IP   flag post
The Fear 19 that happens to be blurry is the slab with a small crack. Ironically enough that book was smack dab in the center of the books. It also happens to be a Mark Jewelers.
Post 459 IP   flag post
These books.... are mine that came back today. The first 2 are from @GAC. The Secret Wars 8 was a CGC slab gone wrong, I couldn't believe it was a 9.6. Now its beautiful! The HellBlazer was an agreed 8.0 raw I swore shoulda nabbed a 9.0-2. Unfortunately it didn't but im not worried about it. Another copy will get submitted soon.

I had this at 9.2.
The last matched.

Post 460 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
My Re-holdering came back...previously red labels, now yellow.

Post 461 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 462 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC waaaaay better than the red labels
Post 463 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Thanks!! and definitely agree, plus I wanted the new cases...I love the new cases!!
Post 464 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 way WAY WAY BETTER
Post 465 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Got 15 books today from what is probably one of my favorite submissions so far. I've realized that sending 10-20 books at a time probably helps create a better chance of having pleasant surprises that even out any grading disappointments. There were ups and downs, but these 4 books made it all work out to the positive:

Bought as Raw 6.0

Murphy Anderson autograph found in the wild on Ebay

MCS 4.5

Raw 8.0 pressed and cleaned, hard to find in higher grades:

Post 466 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia - Those are all great! I am very jealous of the Adventure Comics and the Weird Fantasy. And Anderson even spelled his first name right (saw that in another thread). lol
Post 467 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Awesome books!!
Post 468 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books! I love the new CBCS slabs. Looks like CBCS dropped the ball on that Thor book.
Post 469 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back last week. A little disappointed in the Cyberfrog preview (corner damage and some color rub on the back) but its pretty limited, so I'll take it. The Thor and the Money Shot comics were from mystery boxes and I'll eventually sell them.

Post 470 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back.

I got two surprises and the others were near what I expected I did expect a 9.8, but on a different book.

And the major disappointment:

Post 471 IP   flag post
Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie See the slab got a check mark on the grade, so what does it say for grader notes?
Post 472 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@waynemel

It said a spine tick color break and moisture waves in the interior.

I’m not sure how that happened in it was stored well and never near moisture, but Que sera sera...
Post 473 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back. Very happy -- turnaround time was exactly as stated. Super thrilled about the grade on Batman #313 too considering I just bought it as a fill in for my Batman collection, and the seller had graded it as a 7.0. Still, I was surprised that the slab didn't say "1st appearance of Tim Fox," but it's not like that somehow means it isn't the first appearance.

Post 474 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977 very nice!! Now I want to send my hush books in !
Post 475 IP   flag post
@Comicninja0215 Thanks! It's still one of my favorite Batman stories of all time. Been slowly working on getting my entire Hush run signed by Jim Lee and slabbed. Halfway there currently, just waiting for another chance to get in front of Jim again!
Post 476 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977 never got to meet the man so congratulations to you! But I did meet Scott Williams, he signed my 615 which is my second favorite cover out of that run. I'll always have a special place in my heart for hush because that's the first comic story I read when I really stared collecting.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 Nice! This makes me want to go and get the individual Hush books
I have a couple of Jim Lee signed books (JL, other Batman book) which I plan to send in the future. Still waiting for my VSP submission to arrive ( I did get the email that said it finished grading and going to casing).
Post 478 IP   flag post
@Comicninja0215 That is fantastic! And I totally agree about #615 -- definitely one of the best of that run. Scott Williams is really cool, and I think he's a solid penciller on top of being one of the best inkers in the business.

I've been extremely fortunate with meeting a lot of creators because of Torpedo Comics here in Vegas. They had monthly signings prior to the pandemic, and the owner (drummer from System of a Down) is good friends with Jim Lee. Last time they had Lee, Scott Williams and Alex Sinclair all together, so I've got my #608 signed by all three.
Post 479 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977 holy s**t!!!!!!!! I want jom to sign at least one of those, hopefully when nycc comes back.
Post 480 IP   flag post
598060 999 30