CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock thanks Steve!!!
Post 426 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC and thank you!!!
Post 427 IP   flag post
Collector Cody private msg quote post Address this user
Well my books have finally made it back! It has been about a year since I sent these in last March. They were stuck from March to October in a Ontario waiting to be picked up.
Yesterday I got a call from FedEx but they didn't leave a message. These books were only thing I was expecting from FedEx so I had my hopes up.
I am a little concerned that my order was not updated with a tracking number nor was I emailed saying that these were getting close to me. All my order said was "ship to Canada" for a month and a bit. This seems kind of relaxed considering what these books are worth. An email or update to my order would have been nice.

That being said I am still happy with the grading and pressing service provided. It could just be improved upon in some areas.

The biggest surprise was the ASM 50. I didn't expect a 9.0
My biggest disappointments were probably the Ghost Rider 1 and Avengers 57.

Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing books! @Cody @rgreenson
Post 429 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Cody - I am speechless - absolutely fantastic books! Congratulations to you!
Post 430 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Cody might be the coolest submission I've seen yet. Those comics look amazing in the new slabs.
Post 431 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Cody, I’m droolin on the Rider #1. A 7.5 cgc was presented to me recently and I him hawed. Needless to say I lost it.
Post 432 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Cody very nice books!
Post 433 IP   flag post
Thanks guys, it was a long wait!

That ghost rider cover art is awesome. I had bought the book as a nm- from a con a few years ago. So that is the only reason I was kinda disappointed. I only paid $150 so I can't really be that upset.

My plan now is to sell 3 books that I have doubles of to pay for the next submission.

Post 434 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Cody price in the brother voodoo
Post 435 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Cody price in the brother voodoo

Are you asking how much I have spent on the brother voodoo books or what I plan on selling it for?
Post 436 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Cody - Love that FF 49. Some day, I hope to have one in my PC.
Post 437 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody
Thanks guys, it was a long wait!

That ghost rider cover art is awesome. I had bought the book as a nm- from a con a few years ago. So that is the only reason I was kinda disappointed. I only paid $150 so I can't really be that upset.

My plan now is to sell 3 books that I have doubles of to pay for the next submission.

LOL, hadn't finished scrolling down to your additional post prior to making my FF49 comment. I am interest to say the least. Feel free to message me.
Post 438 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Was able to pick up the books today. The Avengers 48 has a broken slab, so I'm going to reach out to customer service tomorrow. Everything else was great.

Post 439 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - Awesome books, Mike! Very eclectic mix too - SA, BA, Pence, and Newsstands. What are you sending in next?
Post 440 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back from the Cates/Stegman signing. Pretty happy with all of them, but didn’t expect the 9.8 on Thor 2. That was a nice surprise.

Post 441 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Studley_Dudley - Awesome books, Mike! Very eclectic mix too - SA, BA, Pence, and Newsstands. What are you sending in next?

Thanks, Ed! I have a mix of everything down there right now. Woth pressing, I have no idea when things will be back.
Post 442 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Awesome!!! Fantastic books!!
Post 443 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Tried the raw grade out for the last discount. No press or anything special. Just wanted to see if the grades were close to what I was guessing.

Post 444 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania were they close?
Post 445 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s my submission that came back today.

A few keys and the issue of Casper that came out the day I was born.

FF 50 completes my slabbed Galactus trilogy, though it’s the lowest graded.

Batman #189 3.0 will be FS.

Post 446 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
following
Post 447 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@MutantMania were they close?

They were actually pretty close surprisingly enough. Gives me a good grade reference to go by on the other DD books I have.

The one thing I don't like about the raw graded stuff though is that you can't see the back of the book.
It's to bad that they can't come up with some way to do that
Post 448 IP   flag post
I rarely criticize CBCS but 22 books in one box seems a bit excessive. This box doesn’t look promising.
Edit: one slab crack. That’s not bad I suppose all things considered.
Post 449 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad - Which one? And lets see the goods!
Post 450 IP   flag post
I’m in the laboratory for the next hour. Pics after my friend!
Post 451 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad - Hope you are having fun!

Post 452 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@HeinzDad - Hope you are having fun!

I will, unlike Dexter I have beer in my beakers.
Post 453 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad at work:

Post 454 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@HeinzDad at work:

That episode was awesome!!!!!!
Post 455 IP   flag post
601319 999 30