Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@DWeeB1967 You're gonna make some folks jealous with all that yellow swampy Constantine goodness. I had an 8.0 for a while that I gave up on about 8 months ago and sold at MCS auction. I felt like Constantine had failed on both movie and TV opportunities. Really kind of wishing that I hadn't done that now.

Thanks, @EbayMafia. Constantine is such a good character and there is so much that can be done with him. I keep hoping that Warner Bros. management will open their eyes and understand what they have in all of their more prominent suspense/mystery/horror characters. Maybe the Netflix Sandman series will help with that. Regardless, I'm really happy to have these books.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
It’s not back yet, but super excited 🤗 a couple duds in the sub though.

Post 352 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
It’s not back yet, but super excited 🤗 a couple duds in the sub though.

Beautiful book!

I've got one just like it that is still in the polybag. Do they remove it, I guess?

I have almost no experience with bagged (by the publisher) books.
Post 353 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie

If you leave it in the bag, they will extract it for you.
Post 354 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie thanks!
Post 355 IP   flag post

Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user
Few books I recently got back. Nothing to brag about but these are going nowhere.

Post 356 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@cawummel great books! I sent in a couple x-men #5's recently and that Alf is definitely something to brag about, despite the low grade.
Post 357 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty happy with these I just got back.

I paid 15-cents for this one years ago. It's gone up since then. Never seen 'Exceptional White' before.

Always liked this one because it is the origin of Blade.

Post 358 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotSoNice
Pretty happy with these I just got back.

I paid 15-cents for this one years ago. It's gone up since then. Never seen 'Exceptional White' before.

It’s the same as White, but Exceptionally so 😋
Post 359 IP   flag post
Got my newsstands today. Everything is always for sale too 😉

Post 360 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Here are some comics from my personal collection that gratefully CBCS verified, pressed, graded, and slabbed. No shortcuts there. I am pretty pleased with the results.

1982 was a fun time, particularly 1982-85 which saw an influx of ideas (rise of the indies) and sources (manga) for me. Small presses were using black and white to keep costs down and sometimes adding a third color, like red (for printing's sake, it was really a second color, white was a gimme as the default page color). Matt Wagner was cool to talk to!

I took a little hiatus from reading and collecting, but a friend of mine roped me back into comics with Sandman, which met my changing literary tastes at the time.

Got my first comic signed by Neil Gaiman in 1992. Can't remember the LCS, but it was in Gaithersburg and he was relatively new to big signings. He stayed until each comic was signed. I think they needed flashlights to do so. I believe that it was Karen Berger who was coaching him from behind the scenes.

Big fan of Mignola...even got a wall dedicated to him. He graciously signed about 20 books.

Got a couple signed by Frank Miller. Turns out he was born where I grew up. Separately, have fun memories of driving through the corn fields as fast as I could to get some air. I am sure it was only a 1/2 inch, but to me, it might was well been 5 feet lol.

Of course, I had to bend the cover and have tectonic color breaks. Doh! Oh well, submitted it anyways to confirm my suspicion. I will post a couple more later. Hope you enjoy!
Post 361 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Got a box of 25 books back today. The low-light was a Bernie Wrightson signature that failed on Dark Horse 101. Didn't pay much for it but that would be a cool cover for a verified signature. The Highlights were more than enough to make up for that one disappointment. Here are the highlights:

Post 362 IP   flag post
Collector Giffer private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, I just got these back today. Nothing special, but I am mostly happy with the results.

Post 363 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia Would love to see the Bernie book regardless of VSP.
Post 364 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew
@EbayMafia Would love to see the Bernie book regardless of VSP.

@xjagnew I have two copies. This one didn't get sent for verification. They both have very odd Bernie Signatures, it was a comic book store signing at Tropic Comics in Florida and I'm guessing they put a big stack in front of him:

Post 365 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back from the CRYSTALCLEAR promo. Had both of them pressed. The Batman #655 went up from 8.5 but the Batman #1 stayed at 9.4. Ah well. I really love the new cases.

Post 366 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
welll....I'll post pictures when they come in but these have just shipped!!

Need to check my excel but I'm fairly certain these all ended up close to where I thought they would

Post 367 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
welll....I'll post pictures when they come in but these have just shipped!!

Need to check my excel but I'm fairly certain these all ended up close to where I thought they would

Yep all right on!! was able to jump onto personal computer before getting back to work!!

Funny..one of those Forever People #1's was a PGX 8.0 but a press either took it to 8.5 or 9!

Tomb of Dracula #12 was a steal!!

Many of my older B&B, Mister Miracle, Specter, Showcase, JLA etc. came from this guy Bob who I guess used to have a store and was also a collector but when I ran across him he was retired and had opened an antique store and just had boxes and boxes around the furniture...all fairly cheap $ less than $20 or $40 bucks but then again it was almost 30 years ago!!!

Would head there every few weeks and buy the best condition copy he had of the older books that I could afford!
Post 368 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 369 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - Awesome books!
Post 370 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Thanks Ed! I wish those batman books were higher grades but they are what they are. Cheers!! 🍻
Post 371 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC nicely done!!!
Post 372 IP   flag post
@GAC love the books!!! Have Teen Titans #1 in for grade now...hope it turns out as nice as yours!!
Post 373 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Thanks!!! Please post your books here when you get them back. I'd love to see them!! 🍻
Post 374 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
All I can say about these two books is baller...

Post 375 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad nice upgrade!
Post 376 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@HeinzDad nice upgrade!
Why thank you. I don’t let much go but I knew this books was going to be back soon. I had it at 9.6 but the Albedo I had at 8.5. I couldn’t be happier with the whole experience. It’s the first mail in signing I took part in. I didn’t expect to see these for another 2 to 3 months.
Post 377 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Got the tracking number today. Holding off on looking at grades until they arrive.
Post 378 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Nice!! I'm way too curious not to look at my grades!
Post 379 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I have to look lol there's no way I couldn't
Post 380 IP   flag post
600895 999 30