Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I just got the results of a science experiment I conducted a while back. The only book that didn't participate is the Venom #7. If something grabs you by the boo boo pm me.

Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
what was the experiment?
Post 252 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comixcited
what was the experiment?
testing my graders eye and “stuff”.
Post 253 IP   flag post
nice. how were the results? my predictions on my last submission were almost all within a half point of accurate.
Post 254 IP   flag post
The only book I was off by more than one grade was TTA. I had it at 5.5-6.0.
Post 255 IP   flag post

HAHA! Astonishing Tales I was informed.. I also had the wrong number. What eve, that book might be my favorite.
Post 256 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 257 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user

All signed by shameik Moore only real disappointing grade was the 9.2 on Spider-Man 12 thought it would at least be a 9.6...
Post 258 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I currently have these in the CBCS system...looking forward to getting them back!!

Pressing:
Batman Adventures #12
Batman Adventures #12
Dreamwalker #0
The Goon #1

These books are coming back...on their way...my grades are:

Batman Adventures #12 9.0
Batman Adventures #12 8.5
Dreamwalker #0 9.6
The Goon #1 9.2
Post 259 IP   flag post
just got an order back!! here are some highlights so far... more to come

werewolf is the only one CBCS graded.
Post 260 IP   flag post

Post 261 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
These came back today, yay!

Post 262 IP   flag post
....and these.

Post 263 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Soon...

Post 264 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo
Post 265 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 266 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I feel like I've been stood up on a date...once again.
Post 267 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@esaravo I feel like I've been stood up on a date...once again.

Sorry, very busy day. Work, just returned from picking up some groceries with the wife (worried another shutdown and run on stuff - RI was reported to have the highest per capita positive tests per 100,000), and eating dinner. I will scan shortly.
Post 268 IP   flag post

Post 269 IP   flag post
Okay, so I submitted 20 books (Bronze, Copper, Modern) under the MODERN2020 promo. Miraculously, they were shipped last Friday and arrived today! I noticed that CBCS is now using a thicker bag and including a thin piece of foam with each slab, improvements from my previous order that had the new and improved slabs, but paper-thin bags. I did have some help with this order, and here's a big shout out to a fellow CBCS forum member and friend, who pressed more than half of the books I submitted.

First group and my predicted grades: AF #1 9.4/9.6, A #195 9.4/9.6, A #196 9.2/9.4, #257 9.6/9.8.

Post 270 IP   flag post
Second batch - predicted grades: FF # 244 9.6/9.8, MTU #141 9.4/9.6, NM #1 9.4/9.6, NTTA #2 9.6/9.8.

Post 271 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Shame the avengers weren't reversed... =(
I am seriously baffled how you kept books so nice and white all these years.....
Post 272 IP   flag post
I replaced two of the X-Men books in this batch earlier this year, thinking that I had upgraded both of these books. I was only half right as #95 was a pleasant surprise. Predicted grades: #95 8.5/9.0, #107 7/8, #221 9.6/9.8, #4 9.4/9.6, #4 9.6/9.8.

Post 273 IP   flag post
These were the last of my raws for the Wolverine mini-series. Predicted grades: #1 9.4/9.6, #3 9.4/9.6, #4 9.4/9.6, #4 9.2/9.4. I am super happy over that 9.8 Newsstand #4.

Post 274 IP   flag post
And lastly, three Modern books. I picked up the Ms. Marvel #1 from an MCS auction about 2 years ago and I bought the PP #2 at a Newberry Comics. I think I got the other book from @Polka at one of his flash sales. I thought all three of these books had a legitimate shot at 9.8's, but I am rarely sure about getting that grade.

So overall I am very pleased with the grades. I also think I will put up a few of these books for sale or trade (no, not the Avengers) some time soon.
Post 275 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Shame the avengers weren't reversed... =(
I am seriously baffled how you kept books so nice and white all these years.....

I wonder about page quality. 19 of the 20 books received White for page quality and one got OW/W. That book is from 1982, and 9 other books are from 1982 or older. Those books were all purchased new and stored in the same room in bags and long or short boxes since then. I wonder if certain books just got crappier batches of paper when they were made than others.
Post 276 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a huge amount of Spider-man 2099 1 (I have 75 qty left to grade) back when it came out. So far the range of page quality on the few I've sent to CBCS has been white to off white / cream. Bought all in one shot so same batch.

So I have no clue how some aged better than others.....
Post 277 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I bought a huge amount of Spider-man 2099 1

@Bronte, Given your desire to own multiple copies in general, I shudder to imagine what the term "huge amount" might mean to you, lol.
Post 278 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller

In this example, only 100 qty of issue 1. I think 50 qty of number 2.

It was my first foray back into collecting comics after a falling out with a friend that introduced me to collecting.

Thankfully they ended up being worth more than cover price...
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo beautiful books and surprisingly, all but one is what I’ll be sending in for grading next year.

You have good taste!

Edit: I was referring to your Avengers slabs. You still have good taste, though!
Post 280 IP   flag post
598098 999 30