Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS: Comics You Just Got Back11148

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just came in today! Super relieved that they got the orientation right

Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Still in transit, but from my MegaCon submission. Rainbow Brite graded way higher than expected and Rocko I had as a 9.6 but i'm ok with the 9.4

Post 977 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Part of today's pickup...

Post 978 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I have that torchy book being pressed now. Can't wait to see how it turns out....
Post 979 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Arrived today....very happy overall. A little disappointed in X-men 101. I thought after a press would grade a little higher but that's ok. Everything is correct and arrived safe and sound. Great job CBCS!!!

Post 980 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Omg!!! books from March and April 2021!!!

edit - sorry April and May orders...March order is for MCS pickup but can't seem to confirm if it actually was or not!!

Post 981 IP   flag post
Batch 1!!

When the notes are released I'll be interested in Spotlight as it looks better than 8.5 and the SW 1 9.2 seems low oh..and XMen 121...7.5 seems off
Post 982 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Nice bunch
Post 983 IP   flag post
Batch 2

Disappointed in TT 1s...only defect is the edge and thats a common printing error.....still have 1 or 2 directs..maybe send those in eventually

If I re-submitted would I get higher - shouldn't be dinged for a manufacture error?? (unless the notes have something else that I missed)

UF 4 was $40..still in poly!! not a bad deal?
Post 984 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Batch 2

Disappointed in TT 1s...only defect is the edge and thats a common printing error.....still have 1 or 2 directs..maybe send to other guys for proper grade??

Does a comic with a defect that is common deserve a higher grade than if it was not so common? That seems to be the implication. I would hazard a guess that a specimen that didn't have the common defect would command a higher than usual price along with the higher grade. But I'm no expert, so just throwing that out there for discussion.
Post 985 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Batch 2

Disappointed in TT 1s...only defect is the edge and thats a common printing error.....still have 1 or 2 directs..maybe send to other guys for proper grade??

Does a comic with a defect that is common deserve a higher grade than if it was not so common? That seems to be the implication. I would hazard a guess that a specimen that didn't have the common defect would command a higher than usual price along with the higher grade. But I'm no expert, so just throwing that out there for discussion.

ASM 361 most have the tears at the bottom - ASM 300 also has this type of edge - both are not hit for the common defect.

Can see in the TT #2 one has a black mark in the top right - a printing defect - still got 9.8...now of the 2 I'll keep the one without the mark and sell the other - so yes more desirable and different sales $$ I imagine - but shouldn't count against grade and doesn't
Post 986 IP   flag post
these TTs 9.2 and 9.4 even a 9.6 with same defect..maybe I need to send to the other guys??

Only on the news stand editions does this error occur - mine appears to be a little more pronounced but wouldn't think to drop to 8 and 8.5

clickable text
clickable text

Post 987 IP   flag post
Quote:
Omg!!! books from March and April 2021!!!

edit - sorry April and May orders...March order is for MCS pickup but can't seem to confirm if it actually was or not!!

I guess my June 2021 order is still a ways off. <sigh>
Post 988 IP   flag post
Quote:

ASM 361 most have the tears at the bottom - ASM 300 also has this type of edge - both are not hit for the common defect.

Can see in the TT #2 one has a black mark in the top right - a printing defect - still got 9.8...now of the 2 I'll keep the one without the mark and sell the other - so yes more desirable and different sales $$ I imagine - but shouldn't count against grade and doesn't

Thanks for that bit of information. I neglected to take into consideration that the defects were from the printing process and not from subsequent handling.
Post 989 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in from an order in July of last year. I believe this was my last "mistake" order where I mixed tiers in to one shipping order, so even the 2 day modern I submitted didn't get back from that 10 months or whatever. I learned my lesson after this one.

Anyway, my first, and so far only, raw grade. I love this cover and I'm pretty happy with the grade, wasn't sure it'd be that high. I got it raw graded so I could display it if I wanted on my shelves.

I like the Frisson variant, this is probably the only thing I'll sell (one of them, keeping the other)

And the big boy. I got excited for a second when I saw the bar code. Thought I had gotten lucky and didn't even realize it, but no, direct edition. Still awesome for me and still a keeper.

Post 990 IP   flag post
@xvipah nice group of books -LOVE the Planet Comics!!
Post 991 IP   flag post
Yeah...darnit..need the notes
Looks like my guesses were spot on or 9.2 vs 9.4 -so why did the few go so far off!!
Me - CBCS
Jimmy Olsen 5.0/5.5 - 5.0
SW 1 9.4 - 9.2
SW 42 9.0 - 9.0
SW 68 9.4 - 9.6
Spotlight 32 9.0 - 8.5
Team-Up 3 9.0 - 8.0...I see the same thing just didn't think that much of a hit

then we get
X-Men 121 9.2/9.4 - 7.5!!! -jut don't get it - unless something inside that I missed?
New TT #1's I had as 9.2 to 9.4 - 8.0 and 8.5

All the 9.8's and I had as 9.8s and Sandman and UF 4 I had as 9.8 but 9.6 is close enough (hard to tell with UF as it was in poly bag)

Oh well....missed grades were PC books anyway -just wish Canada didn't have to wait another few months for notes to see what I missed and still can't see!!
Post 992 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks! I love the Planet Comics also. I was also pretty stoked that that Batman Family came back as an 8.0. I was expecting a 7'ish.

Quote:
@xvipah nice group of books -LOVE the Planet Comics!!
Post 993 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user

This just returned from the Bisley signing. I got it raw on eBay for $10, I would've been glad if it came out in the low 9's, under those circumstances, but it came back 9.8.
Post 994 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammykablam

This just returned from the Bisley signing. I got it raw on eBay for $10, I would've been glad if it came out in the low 9's, under those circumstances, but it came back 9.8.
Can I ask how you submitted this book? I sent in 3 that seem to be sitting like all my other snail submissions.
Post 995 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Can I ask how you submitted this book? I sent in 3 that seem to be sitting like all my other snail submissions.

I did the the $40 fast tier. It's 2-3 weeks TAT. After waiting eleven months for my first ever submission to them (VSP, pressing, grading), I'm never doing less than express again.
Post 996 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammykablam
Quote:

I did the the $40 fast tier. It's 2-3 weeks TAT. After waiting eleven months for my first ever submission to them (VSP, pressing, grading), I'm never doing less than express again.
Thanks for the info. For a brief moment I thought signature might be pushed thru. Oh, a boy can dream every now and then. I’ll show mine off in a year or so.
Post 997 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thanks for the info. For a brief moment I thought signature might be pushed thru. Oh, a boy can dream every now and then. I’ll show mine off in a year or so.

The other guys do the expedited 6 week grading for signatures, but they also charge three times as much per signature, so you get a better deal if you use CBCS and pay the extra $16 for express, plus you get it back in half the time. Then again, the other guys also do expedited two week pressing for only $20 more, if you add pressing with a book going to a signing event.

The one I sent to the Bisley signing had Press Screening on it, I'm glad I didn't need to sit in the 53 week queue just to end up not needing a press.
Post 998 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
continued in thread #2
Post 999 IP   flag post
598062 999 24