CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest #180 - Falling For You11120

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Voted..Ive always had a thing for bellhops.

Tim Roth in Four Rooms (1995)

This bellhop is our guide to 4 unique & interesting stories with a cast of characters - Madonna, Bruce Willis, Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Quentin Tarantino and more. Enjoy @_@

I’ve never got around to seeing this. I’ve heard the last segment is best. I assume that’s the one Tarantino Directed?
Post 76 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Can we end this one early? The cover in the lead is up 15+ vote points on the 2nd place cover.

Still think we should end it early?

At this point in time the 2nd place cover has a vote count of 19. The first place cover has a vote count of 33.

33 - 19 = 14

Yes, we should have ended it. Not a huge change in the lead total since I made my post 9 hours ago. Of course, there might be an app failure or something and a week from now we still might not know the true winner.

No, we should not have ended the contest early. Voting ends Thursday at midnight Eastern. The rules are the rules, and that is what we go by... that is why we have them.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder I was under the impression that things kind of flowed and weren't set in stone around here. Otherwise we'd be chatting in the Weekly Contest Discussion thread. I jest on that...lol.

BTW, my post was in reference to the huge lead that Daywalker's cover has built since voting started. When one takes in account the average number of people that participate in voting every week it seemed (and still seems) unlikely that cover is going to going to suddenly come in second or third place.
Post 78 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater

Post 79 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Pre_Coder I was under the impression that things kind of flowed and weren't set in stone around here. Otherwise we'd be chatting in the Weekly Contest Discussion thread. I jest on that...lol.

BTW, my post was in reference to the huge lead that Daywalker's cover has built since voting started. When one takes in account the average number of people that participate in voting every week it seemed (and still seems) unlikely that cover is going to going to suddenly come in second or third place.

Yeah, but this is a contest thread so there are rules that apply.

And I know exactly where you're coming from. When this Bell Hop cover appeared in the WCC Discussion Thread, I knew it had a high probability of being the winning cover. I'm just wondering if the votes on this cover is a record setter.

3.5 hours left to vote.
Post 80 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Voted so I would have the right to complain later.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Towmater

All it takes is 6 people to give the second place cover 3 votes each and nobody else voting for it.

Post 82 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

It seems to me that the rules seem to ebb and flow. For example, early votes always seem to count.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
"When this Bell Hop cover appeared....."

Not to nitpick, but on a closer look, the falling bellhop may actually be a marching band leader. This is based on the double aiguillette (braided cord) around his shoulder and his hat which has a sun visor and chin strap. Also the cover text says "..greatest performance..." So its either, 'get those bags to my room, quick' or 'play me a tune, music boy'. If only he was falling with a baton or a bag. Or could see the issue # for story summary from MCS.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

It seems to me that the rules seem to ebb and flow. For example, early votes always seem to count.

Early votes generally stem from....

(1) People who didn't read the rules in the OP.

(2) People who saw a really cool comic cover, forgot what thread they were in, and unintentionally voted early... I am guilty as well.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Not to nitpick, but on a closer look, the falling bellhop may actually be a marching band leader. This is based on the double aiguillette (braided cord) around his shoulder and his hat which has a sun visor and chin strap. Also the cover text says "..greatest performance..." So its either, 'get those bags to my room, quick' or 'play me a tune, music boy'. If only he was falling with a baton or a bag. Or could see the issue # for story summary from MCS.

Good point. He actually does resemble a MBL than a BH. Question is, why is he falling from a tall building?... guess we need to read the story. Regardless, I would love to have a high grade copy... this cover is killer.
Post 86 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Twilight Zone 1st Series Dell/Gold Key #43
Post 87 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Twilight Zone 1st Series Dell/Gold Key #43

Thanks!
Post 88 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Bellhop confirmed.

Post 89 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Voted. The bellhop came with an interesting back story.

Which is?
@CatCovers, it's in our cover discussion thread in the sticky section.
Oops, reading further, looks like that was already revealed later in the thread.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Of course, there might be an app failure or something and a week from now we still might not know the true winner.

Recanvas!
Post 91 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Post 92 IP   flag post
@daywalker wins this weeks cover contest with a whopping 36 votes.

Congratulations!

That cover just went on my radar.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats daywalker...I voted for your cover.😀
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone who voted!!! My second win! The Twilight Zone books have some really amazing covers! I’ll get the new contest up later this afternoon, I’m currently at work! Have a wonderful Valentines Day everyone!
Post 95 IP   flag post
600642 95 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?