Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest #180 - Falling For You11120

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Of course, this isn't an entry but it gives me a chance to show a piece of original art that I have by the ever-awesome L.B.Cole.

Post 51 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Very cool!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user

I always thought the yellow on this one made it pop.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
There's still time, get those last minute entries in!
Post 54 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Time to vote
Post 55 IP   flag post

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Voted.

Post 56 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
My votes have been cast!
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Voted.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Voted!
Post 59 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
voted!
Post 60 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Voted..Ive always had a thing for bellhops.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Cast of characters voted for ^_~ GL all
Post 62 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Voted. The bellhop came with an interesting back story.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I could have about 7 or 8 votes!!! There are some cool covers without votes yet imo.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector seanw private msg quote post Address this user
Voted. Lots of cool covers this week.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Can we end this one early? The cover in the lead is up 15+ vote points on the 2nd place cover.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Voted. The bellhop came with an interesting back story.

Which is?
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

Tim Roth in Four Rooms (1995)

This bellhop is our guide to 4 unique & interesting stories with a cast of characters - Madonna, Bruce Willis, Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Quentin Tarantino and more. Enjoy @_@
Post 68 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Voted!
Post 69 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
voted
Post 70 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Can we end this one early? The cover in the lead is up 15+ vote points on the 2nd place cover.

Still think we should end it early?
Post 71 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

It is ironic that the guy who came up with the winning (so far) cover quit the contest due to his frustration at not having won it yet.

While the leader has a comfortable lead the horse race for second place is pretty wild right now.

Meanwhile Chaos lags behind with a whopping zero votes (no one gives a rats ass about Speedy and his heroin addiction).
Post 72 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

I think we should extend it an extra day.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

At this point in time the 2nd place cover has a vote count of 19. The first place cover has a vote count of 33.

33 - 19 = 14

Yes, we should have ended it. Not a huge change in the lead total since I made my post 9 hours ago. Of course, there might be an app failure or something and a week from now we still might not know the true winner.
Post 74 IP   flag post
First time checking out the cover contest this week. I made a submission & voted. 👍🏼
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

Tim Roth in Four Rooms (1995)

This bellhop is our guide to 4 unique & interesting stories with a cast of characters - Madonna, Bruce Willis, Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Quentin Tarantino and more. Enjoy @_@

I’ve never got around to seeing this. I’ve heard the last segment is best. I assume that’s the one Tarantino Directed?
Post 76 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

At this point in time the 2nd place cover has a vote count of 19. The first place cover has a vote count of 33.

33 - 19 = 14

Yes, we should have ended it. Not a huge change in the lead total since I made my post 9 hours ago. Of course, there might be an app failure or something and a week from now we still might not know the true winner.

No, we should not have ended the contest early. Voting ends Thursday at midnight Eastern. The rules are the rules, and that is what we go by... that is why we have them.
Post 77 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder I was under the impression that things kind of flowed and weren't set in stone around here. Otherwise we'd be chatting in the Weekly Contest Discussion thread. I jest on that...lol.

BTW, my post was in reference to the huge lead that Daywalker's cover has built since voting started. When one takes in account the average number of people that participate in voting every week it seemed (and still seems) unlikely that cover is going to going to suddenly come in second or third place.
Post 78 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater

Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Pre_Coder I was under the impression that things kind of flowed and weren't set in stone around here. Otherwise we'd be chatting in the Weekly Contest Discussion thread. I jest on that...lol.

BTW, my post was in reference to the huge lead that Daywalker's cover has built since voting started. When one takes in account the average number of people that participate in voting every week it seemed (and still seems) unlikely that cover is going to going to suddenly come in second or third place.

Yeah, but this is a contest thread so there are rules that apply.

And I know exactly where you're coming from. When this Bell Hop cover appeared in the WCC Discussion Thread, I knew it had a high probability of being the winning cover. I'm just wondering if the votes on this cover is a record setter.

3.5 hours left to vote.
Post 80 IP   flag post
602865 95 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?