CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

Weekly Cover Contest #180 - Falling For You11120

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 • IP   flag post
Collector seanw private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 • IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 • IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 • IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I *almost* went with a similar Frank Miller Daredevil cover from the same era, but decided - since Ed has F.M. DD covered already - to give some love to an early Lee Weeks cover. (And that Daredevil #161 is one of my favorites from Miller's run, anyway, so that's hard to beat.)

I'll also note "Catch me now I'm FALLING" has been my go-to idea for a cover contest for AGES, in case I ever won. (But don't worry ... I have a few more in my back pocket.)


Post 30 • IP   flag post


If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
If I have two copies I get to double my votes, right?


Post 31 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@xkonk - No, you should just trade one (to me).
Post 32 • IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Some great covers this week!
Post 33 • IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Kind of obscure but cool



Post 34 • IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid

I was searching for the DD cover myself, and found the Simpsons, first.

I'll kick myself if DD wins, though!
Post 35 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid and @Jabberwookie - The DD #161 and a Superman (I won't reveal the #) were the first ones that popped into my head. But it is really nice to see other covers that I never knew existed.
Post 36 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Tedsaid and @Jabberwookie - The DD #161 and a Superman (I won't reveal the #) were the first ones that popped into my head. But it is really nice to see other covers that I never knew existed.


There's a TOS #_ I'm surprised hasn't been posted yet.
Post 37 • IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user

Post 38 • IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user

Post 39 • IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
The fall doesn’t hurt. Stopping does.
Post 40 • IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Tedsaid and @Jabberwookie - The DD #161 and a Superman (I won't reveal the #) were the first ones that popped into my head. But it is really nice to see other covers that I never knew existed.


Would that be Superman #133? I've always enjoyed that cover,
Post 41 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater - That Superman #133 is a great cover, but it came out the year before I was born. The one I was thinking about I bought off a spinner rack back when I was 11.
Post 42 • IP   flag post
CBCS Head Grader SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user

Post 43 • IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Then you aren't thinking of Superman #10 either. So, I'm gonna guess Superman 472.
Post 44 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@esaravo Then you aren't thinking of Superman #10 either. So, I'm gonna guess Superman 472.


Its #234, but don’t tell anyone.
Post 45 • IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user

Post 46 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker



Nnnnoooooo!!! The forbidden cover has been posted.
Post 47 • IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user

Post 48 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
If I have two copies I get to double my votes, right?


@xkonk Typically yes. Unfortunately one of your copies was disqualified due to Wrap concerns.
Post 49 • IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller LOL!
Post 50 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Of course, this isn't an entry but it gives me a chance to show a piece of original art that I have by the ever-awesome L.B.Cole.


Post 51 • IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Very cool!
Post 52 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user



I always thought the yellow on this one made it pop.
Post 53 • IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
There's still time, get those last minute entries in!
Post 54 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Time to vote
Post 55 • IP   flag post
657131 95 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?