Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Grading Help? Star Wars #111058

Collector TranthamJ private msg quote post Address this user
I’m pretty bad at estimating what grade I feel a book is, and what grade it’s actually sent back to me at. I was hoping someone much more knowledgeable than,I might tell me how far off base I am. I bought this a few years ago with the seller saying it was an 8.0. When I received it, I felt 8.0 was pretty generous, but I got it at a decent price and wanted to display it. I thought about having it pressed and graded, but after looking it over, I don’t think pressing would improve it enough to improve the value spent on pressing and grading. I *feel* like this is somewhere in the 7.0 range but I really have no clue. Anyone’s help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
i charge for my grading services

i'm going to need tree fiddy
Post 2 IP   flag post
I hope you mean $3.50 😂
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I'd return it and look for an actual 8.0
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Per the CBCS grading link:

A VERY FINE (8.0) comic book appears to have been read a few times and has been handled with care. These grades allow for some more defects than higher grades. Overall an above average copy and still very collectible.

Some of the above defects along with a fold or crease in the cover that breaks color.

- Some stress marks on spine.
- A few small chips on the cover.
- The cover has some slight surface wear but still has much of its original gloss and there is nothing major wrong with it.
- Sun shadows, dust shadows and tanning can be darker and have more of a visual impact than those in higher grades.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Return it
Post 8 IP   flag post
Returning it isn’t an option. I’ve had it for over a year. I paid $50 for it, so it’s not a huge deal. I’m selling a few comics right now, all of them aside from this one are graded. I just didn’t want to burn someone by listing it as VF, like the guy who sold it to me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
598088 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?