Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Grading question11037

Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
So I just recently purchased a supergirl and the legion of super heroes 23 Adam Hughes variant as seen below. I bought it knowing that it had a printing defect. Looks like there was an issue with the ink and caused a light line down the spine of the comic. Are these things that cgc and cbcs count against the grade?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Is it a printing defect?
Post 2 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man From the looks of it to me. Thought I’d ask to see what other people thought if it looked it to them.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Compared to a book without it, it is not a perfect book. Should keep it from getting a 10, but if it’s below that, anyway, it may not affect the grade.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@bige31 - Look at scans of graded copies and see if you can see the same defect on any copies. That will let you know how it impacts the grade. But chances are if you were able to buy it at a reduced price because of this, then it will lower the grade.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@esaravo Not sure what a reduced price would be for this comic lol but I had to buy the full run. I was notified of it before I bought it. My LCS that I got it from called it a 9.2 with the printing error.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I have the same question about this... would this ding an otherwise really nice condition book?

Post 7 IP   flag post
600861 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?