Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeWant to Buy

WTB TOS 39 3.0-4.011005

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I found this. Not sure if youve seen it from dtacollectibles.

clickable text

Its also on Ebay for $6300 obo.

A fellow board member sent me this. As of now, it’s my most likely option.

I’ve tried calling & e-mailing them about it. I’d like to see if they’d do $5k through their site. With taxes, I’d be at roughly $5500, which I could live with.
Post 76 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Ha! That was the first one I PM'd you...Its clean and probably the best candidate...go for it!!!
Post 77 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim $5K is a very solid offer on a $5250 priced book....you may even be able to offer a little less...$4900?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Yep. At the full price, after taxes, I’m in 4.0 price territory. That’s the only thing holding me back. If he’s work with me a little, I’d bite. His voicemail box is full, though.
Post 79 IP   flag post
@00slim it's a highly desirable book...the sellers have the upper hand because it will be sold at some point. From what I've seen $5250 is not a bad price...you can probably talk him down some as it's not everyday someone drops $5K on a book. I wish you luck because I know how badly you want this book. Even if you pay a little more than you wanted, know that in time the value of this book will increase and that difference wont matter to you and you'll be happy you've got the book....assuming this is for your collection for the long run and not being flipped. Good luck!!!
Post 80 IP   flag post

I’m just waiting for the charge to be completely reversed on the $6k purchase I tried to make yesterday. Once that’s confirmed I’m gonna try reaching the DTA Collectibles guy a couple more times.

Worse case scenario, I do the $5250.

Of course, something else could pop up in the meantime. I really want a 4.0 if possible. But, I can always trade up at a Con in the future.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Looks like negotiations fell through. I literally paid and was refunded. He missed my request for Goods & Services in our chat.

I’m pretty bummed. I thought I’d finally made a deal.

Seller came back to the table and agreed to $6k Goods & Services + a trade we’d discussed after seeing the positive feedback left for me here on the forum.

I paid.

I open my inbox to see he said to hold off on paying. He has to tell someone else something who was interested in trading with him.

I’m waiting to see if I’ll be refunded again, or if I have a 4.0 locked in.
Post 82 IP   flag post
@00slim Jeez...a little nerve racking with high dollar payment and refunds and the uncertainty....good luck! I hope you get your book!!
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck dude
Post 84 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim, Fingers crossed buddy!
Post 85 IP   flag post
He says he’s pretty sure the trade he was working on is most likely not happening, so it’s “pretty much” mine.

Which, sounds good, but still isn’t as definitive as I’d hoped. Fingers crossed.
Post 86 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
He says he’s pretty sure the trade he was working on is most likely not happening, so it’s “pretty much” mine.

Which, sounds good, but still isn’t as definitive as I’d hoped. Fingers crossed.

So he's basically using your offer as leverage to get someone to pay more for the book when he should be happy with the price you're willing to pay for it.
Post 87 IP   flag post
@flanders Kind of. Except he has my money while he weighs the possibility of a trade with someone else.

I mean, he said to “hold on” prior to this. But the previous message said “we’re good to go” & I paid. If I’d seen his message saying to hold on, I would have.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If it's in writing, depending on the wording of your offer and acceptance, you may technically have a legal and binding agreement. If everything was agreed to and you paid, it's his reputation that is at stake now.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Yes. He offered to do our original deal, I clarified & after seeing my feedback he said “Ok. “we’re good to go”.

Did he agree to the deal in writing? Yes.

I, however, am not willing to press the matter. If he wants to back out, fine. I just won’t do business with him again.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I, however, am not willing to press the matter. If he wants to back out, fine. I just won’t do business with him again.

I understand. Even though you would be within your right to call him out publicly, it probably wouldn't be in your own best interest. Especially if he is a dealer with clout on a forum or community.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

I understand. Even though you would be within your right to call him out publicly, it probably wouldn't be in your own best interest. Especially if he is a dealer with clout on a forum or community.

Exactly. I just look at it as a reminder of the way I do not want to treat those I sell to.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
To me that sounds like some serious jerking around. Unsure I would even buy his book given how he has done things
Post 93 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah man tell him to take a hike. Either he deals or doesn’t. Hell with that
Post 94 IP   flag post
Better yet tell him give up the book or go die in a large warehouse fire
Post 95 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim you would think money in hand equals a done deal, just because he still has the book doesn't mean he can still trade or sell it off to a higher bidder. I know you want this book but the integrity of the seller means a lot to me. I don't support dealers without integrity. I would demand he returns the money at once. I know it's hard to walk away from a book that you really really want. There will be others, there will be better deals. It's not like this is a scarce copy. Trust me I know I've lost deals that I kicked myself only to find a better copy or price comes my way. Then I'm thanking God that the previous deal fell through. Good luck we are all rooting for you
Post 96 IP   flag post
I totally agree. Cash in hand = a done deal.

Now, a circumstance could arise where you say “hey, I gotta go tell that other guy I was negotiating with that I no longer have one of the books we were gonna trade”.

Honestly, I thought that was the situation at first.

I’m going to message him and say that if he wants to keep the TOS to help work out a deal for another book, that’s fine. He can issue a refund and pursue that.

But if he wants to honor our deal, I’d just like confirmation that he considers the deal done.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:

Now, a circumstance could arise where you say “hey, I gotta go tell that other guy I was negotiating with that I no longer have one of the books we were gonna trade”.

I’m going to message him and say that if he wants to keep the TOS to help work out a deal for another book, that’s fine. He can issue a refund and pursue that.

But if he wants to honor our deal, I’d just like confirmation that he considers the deal done.

So, I messaged him about finalizing our deal or refunding me so I could keep looking and I almost immediately got this reply:

“you’re good. Sold! I’ll send pics tonight of it boxed up tonight.”

So, looks like he’s following through. 👍🏼
Post 98 IP   flag post
Quote:

no...you dont want that, you want shipping and tracking information, and preferably now , thanks
Post 99 IP   flag post
U a better man than me Slim. I would have told him I found a better deal lol. Who was the dealer?
Post 100 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
U a better man than me Slim. I would have told him I found a better deal lol. Who was the dealer?

I’ll PM you. I’d rather not post his name publicly, but I don’t mind sharing privately.
Post 101 IP   flag post
👍🏻
Post 102 IP   flag post
My Mother-In-Law called me at about 1:30 this afternoon to let me know that she had just signed for the delivery of my new TOS 39. 😊

I’ll be home tomorrow night to check it out.
Post 103 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
My Mother-In-Law called me at about 1:30 this afternoon to let me know that she had just signed for the delivery of my new TOS 39. 😊

I’ll be home tomorrow night to check it out.

Here's a tip, don't let her know how much you paid for the "comic book" or she'll force her daughter to divorce you for being "loco in the cabeza!"
Post 104 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim AWESOME! ... can't wait to see it.
Post 105 IP   flag post
603236 115 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?