Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeWant to Buy

WTB TOS 39 3.0-4.011005

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
just as a reference , I seem to notice a lot of copies of that book with lose covers ,or detached from staples, or centerfolds detached or lose at one staple....my own copy has the centerfold detached at one staple as well

So, should I consider that acceptable for this book?
No Slim you determine what you are willing to accept for your copy, that's all yours to choose. ….I think my point is you might have a search finding a copy in 3.0-4.0 without either the centerfold or cover having some staple issues. I am sure they are out there, just that might be a hard combination to find in the wild so to speak
Post 26 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Its funny that the 1st book I got signed by Stan Lee was an Iron Man 1 and the last book I got signed by Stan was a TOS 39. I bought a TOS 3.0 for $3200, got it pressed and signed with a small bump to 3.5. GL with the hunt.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, I’m considering looking for a presentable 2.0-2.5 as a placeholder and trading up when the opportunity arises.

Then, I could keep my favorite of the ASM books and still get a starter copy of TOS 39.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Given the tax thing now...I would follow the carpenters method...measure twice, cut once.....
TOS 39 has adjusted downward some since Endgame finished....it wont take long for that one to rebound and start moving upwards again.
Bought myself a low grade copy of TTA 27 once for 70 bucks thinking when I get a chance I will upgrade....I still have that ratty looking good or good plus copy cause once I had one, I never made it the priority to replace. I should have waited and bought a nicer copy , but then again whose to say I might not have one now...tough choices
Post 29 IP   flag post
I bring it up because there’s a presentable 2.0 on Heritage, that, if I could negotiate to $3k before taxes, I’d be ok with as a starter.

But if one of my bigger Spidey books sell (14 or 15) I’ll consider myself passed the point of no return.

Still looking. 👍🏼
Post 30 IP   flag post

Got a response on the CGC Forum. Asking $6300 (a little high but I’m sure it’s an opening offer).

I wanted to get a second pair of eyes on it. Thoughts?
Post 31 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the GoCollect data for a 4.0

Post 32 IP   flag post
Narrowing it to strictly CBCS sales:

Post 33 IP   flag post
1 3/4 inch bottom spine split..is that through the entire book or only the cover? That's a pretty heavy rip that moves into another rip on back cover and a 2 inch crease...that is the part that kind of bothers me....the pictures have a lot of glare and make it hard to see the extent of that damage
Post 34 IP   flag post
I believe it’s through the cover.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Ok guys, I’m thinking of going another route.

I’ve searched out and weighed so many TOS 39’s I’m getting flustered.

I may upgrade my ASM 129 to a 9.0 first, then continue the hunt for TOS 39 after the ASM books sell and I can make the purchase all cash.

I don’t know. Just thinking.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I would encourage you to keep to your original plan. There will be a copy that you want in your price range that will eventually come your way. If you redirect and spend the money and that copy happens to come your way and you don't have the funds, that would be more frustrating.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Batman66 You’re probably right. I think I expected the ASM books to move faster is all & that just makes me nervous.

I don’t wanna pull the trigger on a TOS 39 & not be able to pay it off the difference promptly.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I was at California comic con, I'm working with a dealer/friend who wants my tos39 7.0, was going to trade a tos39 4.0, jim83 3.5, ff5 3.5 and a hawk man 4 7.5 straight across. I couldn't get down there Saturday and he sold the tos39 and the ff5 so now we're back Negotiations
Post 39 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I don't know how you're pricing your Spidey's (you may already be doing this) but If you put a price of about 5%-10% below the lowest price comparable book to yours on eBay, your books will move. Everyone knows prices on eBay are already inflated due to the fees. The higher the value the books the higher the fees become. Accepting offers helps as well. I sold a bunch of books at slightly lower prices to finance my Avengers 1.
Post 40 IP   flag post
ON E-bay, I’m asking FMV. With a slight bump if it has White Pages.

For instance, the last ASM #6 sold for $600. I’m asking $550, figuring the 10% e-bay fee, it’ll be $500 for me, minus the 3% PayPal fee.

In some cases, I’m 10% over some others.

My #9 JUST sold for $400 + shipping.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Got offered this 4.0 for $6250 shipped.

I might do a light trade to bring it down slightly. Which is still a maybe.

Post 42 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim - See if they will throw in the X-Men #1 too.
Post 43 IP   flag post
@esaravo Funny thing. The same guy accidentally sent me pics of an X-Men 1 he was offering to someone else for sale.
Post 44 IP   flag post
@00slim he sent the tos39,X-men 1 and a hulk 1 to me, lol
Post 45 IP   flag post
In the final stages of negotiations. We’re literally discussing form of payment.

He wants to go Gift/Friends & Family.

I’m offering to pay more than half the PayPal fees to go Goods & Services.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I know you know this already but don't do F&F under any circumstances.
Post 47 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I hope you don't get talked into going with friends and family. Good luck with the purchase.
Post 48 IP   flag post
No. I won’t.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Tell him to send you the book so its in hand, and then you will go friends and family ….seems fair since he wants you to take all the risk
Post 50 IP   flag post
Looks like negotiations fell through. I literally paid and was refunded. He missed my request for Goods & Services in our chat.

I’m pretty bummed. I thought I’d finally made a deal.
Post 51 IP   flag post
@00slim yeah I got burned for 3k doing the f&f so I learned the hard way. Let us know the outcome
Post 52 IP   flag post
He said he’ll pass. He’s not comfortable dealing with me cuz I’m new to their boards.

I said he gets more protection with Goods & Services, not less. That seems to be the end of it.

I told him I’ll keep looking. I’m legit sad, man.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
He said he’ll pass. He’s not comfortable dealing with me cuz I’m new to their boards.

I said he gets more protection with Goods & Services, not less. That seems to be the end of it.

Don't be, something about the deal is fishy if it fell through simply because he was demanding an unsecure form of payment.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

Don't be, something about the deal is fishy if it fell through simply because he was demanding an unsecure form of payment.

True. It’s just rather disconcerting because I thought my search was finally over & it was a particularly solid 4.0.

There will be others, I know.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600794 115 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?