Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Superbowl LIV predictions and discussion!11001

Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder You've misjudged Mahomes if you think he is overly ego-driven. He's not Lamar Jackson, he's actually a pretty humble guy, and a great team player. That's why he should have a long career in the NFL, unlike Jackson, who will flameout when his ego explodes. Mahomes will stick with Reid's game plan and be successful based on that. The Chiefs have the amazing ability to score quickly, which will force the 49ers to throw more to keep up, taking the running game away, as what happened with the Titans.
Chiefs win.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Donnied your right, he most certainly is not LJ. Mahomes won't suffer the meltdown.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I usually disengage from football for the two weeks prior to the super bowl due to the overhyping. I am back now and I think I am going with San Francisco, although I am expecting a close game that could go either way. Whoever has the ball last is most likely to win. A part of me is rooting for Andy Reid to get his super bowl ring after so many disappointments. No matter who wins I am looking forward to an exciting game!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
If your watching the Fox pregame, you'll get this. I have always loved Johnny's Ragged Old Flag. I'm not afraid to admit I get checked up each time I hear it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
a team in red will win!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

@KatKomics LOL

That's a bold prediction. Are you sure about that?
Post 31 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Today, Mahomes said he wants to make a 'behind the back pass' in the game tonight. C'mon dude, you need to concentrate more on protecting the ball. But hey, I wouldn't be surprised if he does, and it's successful. The guy works the football like a basketball player.

If he does attempt this, I hope it's intercepted and ran in for a TD.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Uhm,.. I believe SF better get back to what works best for them... running game and pass rushing. I'm not seeing much of either.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Shakira got thick.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Who the heck is the silver surfer wannabe?
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Shakira got thick.

Thick is the new wave... especially the booty.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I guess Shanahan likes having to make explanations after Super Bowls lol
The end of the 1st half made no sense, and he completely abandoned the run.

???
Post 37 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
All over but the cryin'.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy

Yep, Shanahan abandoned what works,

Congrats to Andy Reid for his first SB ring,... he certainly deserves it.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Shakira got thick.

Them hips still don't lie.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Saw the last 6 minutes. Unfortunately that allowed KC touchdown which looked out made things unclear. Possible KC would have won after that but maybe not.
I'm from Australia and we have rugby league.
Not only two refs on field but three in the bunker for close calls with multiple cameras and angles. Looked like they only had two for that touch down.
Anyway close game. And that's what you want in a final
Post 41 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
with 2 Mahomes turnovers it will be a 1 score game, either team will have a chance to tie or win with their final possession...ultimately KC by 7 or less, they have the clutch QB.

Just want to point out, my time machine was working perfectly until the Garafalo interception after the 2 minute warning.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Closer than I thought (16 points), but 11 points still makes for a solid win for the Chiefs. 49ers played just as well as I thought, but the Chiefs mistakes closed the gap. Damian Williams should have been MVP.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Parade on Wednesday, schools are already announcing they will be closed. The sports commission is making plans for around a million people to be downtown for the parade and trophy showing.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I picked the team and the MVP correct. It was a pretty good competitive game. Too many sappy commercials though.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I enjoyed the game tremendously. It went pretty much like I thought it would, but with less scoring in the first half. As for the half time show ... I think I'm getting too old to enjoy that anymore. The only music I recognized was the brief Led Zeppelin "Kashmir" riff.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

???

The clock management at the end of the second quarter was just bizarre. No idea what Shanahan was doing. Andy Reid must have been overjoyed by what happened.

Being a Chief fan I'm a happy guy this morning.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I forgot to add...This was fantastic.

Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

Everyone has been all about Andy"s first ring but he was a recievers coach way back and should have a ring from the team he won with that year...forget the team and year, unless they dont give the coaches or assistants rings ...not sure about that part. I was thinking he was a recievers coach when green bay won a super bowl.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

Everyone has been all about Andy"s first ring but he was a recievers coach way back and should have a ring from the team he won with that year...forget the team and year, unless they dont give the coaches or assistants rings ...not sure about that part. I was thinking he was a recievers coach when green bay won a super bowl.

Position Coaches do get rings I believe, just like 2nd and 3rd string players, and I'm sure they cherish them, but the moment someone becomes a head coach or a starter, that ring becomes the goal.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:

???

The clock management at the end of the second quarter was just bizarre. No idea what Shanahan was doing. Andy Reid must have been overjoyed by what happened.

Being a Chief fan I'm a happy guy this morning.

When I saw Lynch up in the booth saying, "Time Out! Time Out!", I got nervous. He obviously couldn't understand it either.
Way too conservative.
2 consecutive possessions they threw on 2nd and 10 or so, leaving themselves with 3rd and long and sure passing situations. It felt lime Shanahan was trying to prove Garappolo could do it.
Post 51 IP   flag post
All that said, I am absolutely proud of my 49ers. Before the season began, I would have been content if they were competitive on a Divisional level. I never imagined they would have been the #1 seeded team.
I feel bad for Joe Staley more than anything.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
I predict lots of money spent by advertisers and some may actually be interesting.

My prediction proved to be right on the money!
Post 53 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Post 54 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
When I saw Lynch up in the booth saying, "Time Out! Time Out!", I got nervous. He obviously couldn't understand it either.
Way too conservative.

When I see a coach burn 90 seconds to go to half or overtime I always think, If you're not playing for offensive opportunities...what are you playing for?
Post 55 IP   flag post
600861 56 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?