Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Superbowl LIV predictions and discussion!11001

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
49ers vs Chiefs - Feb. 2, 2020 in Miami Gardens, FL.

Discuss and predict at will!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
SF
Post 2 IP   flag post
Mahomes has made me a believer. Chiefs by 14.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
Chiefs by 16.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
KC tore apart Tennessee's soft zone defense, which eventually opened up the deep shot late in the game. With 2 weeks preparation SF will plan defensive deceptions to bait Mahomes into 2 turnovers. They will show him open zones and then jump the routes.
Without the two turnovers KC would win easily, with 2 Mahomes turnovers it will be a 1 score game, either team will have a chance to tie or win with their final possession...ultimately KC by 7 or less, they have the clutch QB.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Kryptn private msg quote post Address this user
SAN FRAN BY 10
Post 6 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
KC opens as a 1 point favorite. If SF's front four can harass Mahomes all game, then the Niners have a good chance at winning. Their run game is beastly, and Kittle is a freak as well. Conversely, KC is a matchup nightmare when they have the ball. I'm going KC over SF 33-24.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector classicaaron private msg quote post Address this user
SanFrans front four will definitely get after mahomes. it just will mahomes be able to escape the pocket and sling it down field for 50 yard gains a few times. if so they win. if Sherman and gang can take that away sanfran wins. both teams like to run on the edges so that will be very similar. should be tight either way but ill say KC takes it with mahomes just being able to make one or two ridiculous plays.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Rinova private msg quote post Address this user
Chiefs by 10

Below is a podcast I record and edit for a couple of friends. Check it out.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/sports-fellowship-with-fox-and-frank/id1479296060
Post 9 IP   flag post
Does anyone even watch the pro bowl anymore? I haven't watched it in years!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The Chiefs look like they are coached by Bun E. Carlos.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Chiefs win by 55.

Tyreek Hill scores 4 times, and is named MVP.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

I can't remember the last time I watched a PB game.. so many years. I'd rather watch a good high school game.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

I can't remember the last time I watched a PB game.. so many years. I'd rather watch a good high school game.

I'm surprised people still watch regular TV. I ditched that a while ago and don't miss it a bit.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I went in 2012 when I was stationed in Hawaii. The tickets were free so why not? I might turn it on for a few minutes but I don't really watch it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Many years ago, I was religious about watching the Pro Bowl, as it was a farewell to my pro football fix for the season. I eventually drifted away as I grew older and the excitement became nothing more than watching a flag football game.

Also, the PB used to be scheduled the weekend after the SB. But it seems that some time ago it has been rescheduled to one week prior to the SB. Is this correct?... and if so, why?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Also, the PB used to be scheduled the weekend after the SB. But it seems that some time ago it has been rescheduled to one week prior to the SB. Is this correct?... and if so, why?

Best guess is that it happened when they expanded the playoffs and added a week to the post-season. They probably just swapped weeks for Superbowl and Probowl so the total season would still wrap up on first Sunday in February.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
The Chiefs look like they are coached by Bun E. Carlos.

Instead of a cigarette, it's a corn dog.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Many years ago, I was religious about watching the Pro Bowl, as it was a farewell to my pro football fix for the season. I eventually drifted away as I grew older and the excitement became nothing more than watching a flag football game.

I think ratings was a factor.
I kinda miss the PB. Remember when they played football in the PB? That was cool.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'd have to look up the exact time, but they moved it to try and get interests back in it because it's the only "all-star" game that's after the season ends, and the best players were typically bowing out of the game.

I used to watch it, too, but they'd watered it down so much that I just gave up on it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Chiefs win by 7 points. Mahomes gets MVP.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I predict lots of money spent by advertisers and some may actually be interesting.

Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
CHIEFS!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Just for the heck of it, I looked up the time and channel of the pro bowl. I found out it is no longer being played in Hawaii!! It's actually in Florida now. There seems to be nothing else on tv, so I might watch it until the WWE Royal Rumble warm up show starts. Then it's WWE for the evening.
Post 24 IP   flag post
KC is going to come out firing on all cylinders and Mahomes will have the ball flying all over the field, but he is also going to be running for his life. Mahomes isn't just about winning the SB, I think he intends to try and break some SB records as well (ego). Breaking records should be the least concern.

SF knows they aren't going to beat Mahomes with 3 man rushes,.. 4 man rushes will be the least they use, with exceptions. SF is going to power their way down the field on each drive with their running game and wear down the KC defense. KC knows this so I expect Jimmy G will be forced to pass more than expected,.. 15 at least.

I pick SF to win by 3 points in OT.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder You've misjudged Mahomes if you think he is overly ego-driven. He's not Lamar Jackson, he's actually a pretty humble guy, and a great team player. That's why he should have a long career in the NFL, unlike Jackson, who will flameout when his ego explodes. Mahomes will stick with Reid's game plan and be successful based on that. The Chiefs have the amazing ability to score quickly, which will force the 49ers to throw more to keep up, taking the running game away, as what happened with the Titans.
Chiefs win.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Donnied your right, he most certainly is not LJ. Mahomes won't suffer the meltdown.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I usually disengage from football for the two weeks prior to the super bowl due to the overhyping. I am back now and I think I am going with San Francisco, although I am expecting a close game that could go either way. Whoever has the ball last is most likely to win. A part of me is rooting for Andy Reid to get his super bowl ring after so many disappointments. No matter who wins I am looking forward to an exciting game!
Post 28 IP   flag post
If your watching the Fox pregame, you'll get this. I have always loved Johnny's Ragged Old Flag. I'm not afraid to admit I get checked up each time I hear it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
a team in red will win!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
600441 56 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?