Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos great win! Looks like you got it for the cost of grading, vsp and the raw purchase price and in a 9.9!!.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector ShadowFan private msg quote post Address this user
Both won from MCS weekly auction. Scored the Batman for just under guide. Great Kaluta cover!

I overpaid a bit for the Mask of the Phantasm but couldn't resist. It's got a lot of sentimental value to me.

Post 202 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations! I sold that Batman #253, so I thought you'd like to know a little more about it. I bought it a few years ago, in a sealed DC Comics 3-Pack, and took it out myself. It's never been read, and the pages are bone-white ... as fresh as if it came off the press yesterday. The main flaw is the tiny corner bend on the top-right corner. I had four exactly the same, with that same bend, so I guess it was the machine that put them in the 3-packs. Just bad luck, that. But the condition is otherwise amazing.

Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFan
Both won from MCS weekly auction. Scored the Batman for just under guide. Great Kaluta cover!

I overpaid a bit for the Mask of the Phantasm but couldn't resist. It's got a lot of sentimental value to me.

Post 203 IP   flag post
That's great info, thanks! Pretty cool the previous owner was on here. My two favorite characters on the cover, I couldn't resist it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Congratulations! I sold that Batman #253, so I thought you'd like to know a little more about it. I bought it a few years ago, in a sealed DC Comics 3-Pack, and took it out myself. It's never been read, and the pages are bone-white ... as fresh as if it came off the press yesterday. The main flaw is the tiny corner bend on the top-right corner. I had four exactly the same, with that same bend, so I guess it was the machine that put them in the 3-packs. Just bad luck, that. But the condition is otherwise amazing.

Enjoy!

Quote:

Post 204 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
That's great info, thanks! Pretty cool the previous owner was on here. My two favorite characters on the cover, I couldn't resist it.

I love that cover, too. I was trying to get a 9.6 or 9.8, and bought six (!) of those 3-packs over the course of 6 months. But unfortunately, no luck there. Still, they are beautiful comics. (I bought a lot of other ones, too, and I LOVE the 3-packs. By the way, the other two comics in the pack with this Batman were: Jimmy Olsen #161 and Strange Sports #2.
Post 205 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I always liked this cover.

Post 206 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 207 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Having a field day at MCS prime auctions
Post 208 IP   flag post

Post 209 IP   flag post

Post 210 IP   flag post
This one deserves its own

Post 211 IP   flag post

Post 212 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

That's all for tonight.
Post 213 IP   flag post

This one has an early Stan Lee script

Post 214 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
not even close to the nice stuff going up but these 3 are now mine.

Post 215 IP   flag post
Last ones for the night

Post 216 IP   flag post
@poka

Nice pickup on the Shadow Comics! I was watching that one but couldn't squeeze it into my comics budget for this month.
Post 217 IP   flag post
@ShadowFan thanks - yeah nice one
Post 218 IP   flag post

Post 219 IP   flag post

Post 220 IP   flag post

Post 221 IP   flag post

Post 222 IP   flag post
Last one

Post 223 IP   flag post
Last two for tonight

Post 224 IP   flag post
Oh, nice! I've been looking for a 9.8 copy of this on-again, off-again. And the two Flash comics before it: 217 and 218. Together, they have what is, in my opinion, one of the best Neal Adams/Denny O'Neil Green Lantern/Green Arrow stories from that era.

I've got some copies raw (and a few graded), but none in the 9.8 candidate range yet. Nice pick up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Post 225 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That Justice League 12 definitely got my blood pumping but for PC I wasn't ready to pay anywhere near the final price. Hoping to get maybe a slabbed 8.0 one day. Nice to know who bought it though. Always loved the costume design for Dr. Light.
Post 226 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

That Justice League 12 definitely got my blood pumping but for PC I wasn't ready to pay anywhere near the final price. Hoping to get maybe a slabbed 8.0 one day. Nice to know who bought it though. Always loved the costume design for Dr. Light.

Glad to hear you like the book too.

The last copy sold for around $2,000.

I was surprised I won this book.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Oh, nice! I've been looking for a 9.8 copy of this on-again, off-again. And the two Flash comics before it: 217 and 218. Together, they have what is, in my opinion, one of the best Neal Adams/Denny O'Neil Green Lantern/Green Arrow stories from that era.

I've got some copies raw (and a few graded), but none in the 9.8 candidate range yet. Nice pick up!

Quote:

Thanks!

I am going to consign the book to MCS at fixed price.

It should be up in a couple weeks depending on how busy they are.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector Odinson2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Will they let you automatically consign something you’ve won without having to ship it out and back? Congrats on the wins. Quite a few I was looking at.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson2000
Will they let you automatically consign something you’ve won without having to ship it out and back? Congrats on the wins. Quite a few I was looking at.

Yes, just let them know when you make payment that the books are to be held for consignment.

I am sure they have no problem earning two commissions on the same book.

All of the books I bought in the last two days are going to be consigned with them at fixed price so you will be able to find them there.
Post 230 IP   flag post
598096 999 30