Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I see a new slab and yellow label for this in the near future although the red does look good with the cover:

My copy up for sale on My Comic Shop also has a red label as I did no witness the Tim Vigil signature:

Post 151 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully the Kieth signature is real.

Post 152 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Yeah tonights MCS auction was rather hard to win anything...prices went high and bidding was rather heavy for some of the more common books that normally sell much cheaper...seemed odd

When we buy comic books we are also selling dollars. And dollars aren't selling for what they used to. We could be seeing inflation everywhere but the low demand for Oil (and cheap transportation) has kept it in check in many places...for now. Precious metals and Collectibles are often a canary in the coal mine for predicting inflation. Every indication I get is that we should not be putting off large purchases like cars, equipment or remodeling.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Yeah tonights MCS auction was rather hard to win anything...prices went high and bidding was rather heavy for some of the more common books that normally sell much cheaper...seemed odd

When we buy comic books we are also selling dollars. And dollars aren't selling for what they used to. We could be seeing inflation everywhere but the low demand for Oil (and cheap transportation) has kept it in check in many places...for now. Precious metals and Collectibles are often a canary in the coal mine for predicting inflation. Every indication I get is that we should not be putting off large purchases like cars, equipment or remodeling.

Shhh!!! don't say those things....the wife wants to blow out the back wall and make the kitchen bigger!!
Post 154 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Shhh!!! don't say those things....the wife wants to blow out the back wall and make the kitchen bigger!!

@KatKomics I work in that industry and I can tell you I will not be surprised if our prices next year are 25% higher than right now. I've never seen anything like it in the last 10 years. Since the lockdown we are selling at about 2-3 times our ability to install, which means our backlog that fell to 2 weeks during the lock down is now approaching 10 weeks. And the supply is not reliable, suppliers have had to shut down temporarily for Covid 19 and installers may also have to stay home from time to time for health concerns.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
For a long time, I've wanted a copy of Jumbo Comics 98 in nice condition. They're not easy to find in good shape, and I could never make a deal.

For a long time, I've wanted a book from the Okajima collection, but could never make a deal.

When I saw the Okajima copy of Jumbo 98 go on sale, I immediately channeled Mike Myers.

I'd have to abandon my first rule of collecting - that there's no such thing as a specific copy of any book I have to have. So I did. I paid about as much as I ever have for a comic.

But it's mine. And I'm happy.

Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
For a long time, I've wanted a copy of Jumbo Comics 98 in nice condition. They're not easy to find in good shape, and I could never make a deal.

For a long time, I've wanted a book from the Okajima collection, but could never make a deal.

When I saw the Okajima copy of Jumbo 98 go on sale, I immediately channeled Mike Myers.

I'd have to abandon my first rule of collecting - that there's no such thing as a specific copy of any book I have to have. So I did. I paid about as much as I ever have for a comic.

But it's mine. And I'm happy.

congrats on that one..i seldom determine I WILL be getting a given book but the few times I have its cost me up the proverbial tailpipe
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers Great pick-up! I was bidding on that one as well and decided to bow out when a More Fun Comics 69 became available. Great book though and I'm glad to see it went to someone on the forum! Congrats!
Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 159 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Done for tonight with three wins:

Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Not much for today

Post 161 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@flanders I am thanking that you and I may have been bidding against each other on the Wolverine 155
Post 162 IP   flag post
Ok started slowly but managed to pick up a few towards the end

Post 163 IP   flag post
Last 2 for the day

Post 164 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today.

Post 165 IP   flag post

just because...
Post 166 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon_jelly
Just arrived today.

For a second I absolutely hated you then I saw "reprint". An original is my Grail. Maybe one day in the far future.
Post 167 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

@flanders I am thanking that you and I may have been bidding against each other on the Wolverine 155

@Scifinator It looks like my max on that was $64 and I got it for $50. At least I still got it for less than I was willing to pay.

Hopefully that's all we were bidding against each other on (sometimes I feel like it's me and one other person in the world interested in some of the things I'm bidding on). Did you win anything from comiclink's most recent auction?
Post 168 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
For a second I absolutely hated you then I saw "reprint". An original is my Grail. Maybe one day in the far future.

Hah yeah no way I could afford the original in that condition. Maybe a 1.0 someday.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Quote:

just because...
A few afterthoughts...39 copies in the census, this is the lowest graded copy . I did not see that as important given its a 72 year old comic book....
Did wonder , as you go down the spine you see alot of patches missing, either chews or could this book perhaps have had some color touch scraped?
Post 170 IP   flag post
Rough copy but....

Post 171 IP   flag post

Post 172 IP   flag post

That's all for tonight.
Post 173 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon_jelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster

Hah yeah no way I could afford the original in that condition. Maybe a 1.0 someday.

Same. I remember an episode of American Pickers where some kid was a huge Spider-Man collector. He had a shredded, ratted out, holding together by sheer will power copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 on the wall. I would have taken it in a hearbeat and probably paid more than my wife would let me.
Post 174 IP   flag post
Only managed to get one more for today

Post 175 IP   flag post
@drchaos Most of those are books that caught my attention in the auction. Really like the Strange Adventures and the B&B in particular. I had to restrain myself as I already have 4 individual boxes in transit to me from MCS, and 2 in transit to them.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
@drchaos Most of those are books that caught my attention in the auction. Really like the Strange Adventures and the B&B in particular. I had to restrain myself as I already have 4 individual boxes in transit to me from MCS, and 2 in transit to them.

I am glad you like them.

There were quite a few that got away from me.

After I pay for my winnings they will end up for sale on MCS at fixed price.
Post 177 IP   flag post

Post 178 IP   flag post

That's all for tonight.
Post 179 IP   flag post
@drchaos that Reborn #2 was mine so please pay
Post 180 IP   flag post
598060 999 30