Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
One for tonight

Post 826 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Planning to crack out both Booster Gold books for Dan Jurgens signatures assuming I can find him at a comic show one of these days.

I've only seen him once...maybe 6-7 years ago. Keep waiting for him to come back around, but I think he's just too busy with work. The only thing he's done recently was Motor City last October. He's currently on the list for Terrificcon in CT at the end of July.

I last saw him at Terrifficon (2018?)

He was also at another show in Long Island before that.

Hopefully he decides to do a show in the Northeast.

I will wait to crack the books out until I see him on a roster.

Looks like Dan Jurgens will be at Terrificon this year.
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
I should have started using fb for buying comics a while ago...picked this up for 42 bucks in an auction. Nice looking copy besides a few spine ticks.

Post 828 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
It's been a good weekend for pickups. Got these in trades/extremely cheap pickups on fb/reddit.

Post 829 IP   flag post

Just the one this evening
Post 830 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Threw down a bid and went to bed. Looks like I won this last night. I did not own anything signed by Michael Turner, and this has 2 other signatures too.

Post 831 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Got one last night:

Post 832 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

Turner was a really good artist. Shame he passed so early. My avatar picture is actually his drawing....
Post 833 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
EDIT

Oh FRAK! I am crushed! So I did my bidding on my phone and watched the last 1:30 countdown to ) after my last bid. Walla, thought I had it and my phone never updated beyond the price I saw for the last 1:30. Low and behold, when I went on my computer to check out tonight, I see no Captain Marvel #1 in my win list. In looking at the history, apparently 1:23 after my bid someone else came in and outbid me. Again, I am crushed as I thought I had won.

When I was a youth back in the later 70’s and first frequenting my LCS, was captivated by 3 comics on the wall behind the counter. They were:

Savage Sword of Conan #1

Silver Surfer #1

Captain Marvel #1

It took me about 4 years to be able to save up enough and complete the purchase of SSofC and Capt Marvel. The Silver Surfer was sold before i could raise enough money. A few decades later, when @sborock was at CGC, the Conan earned a 9.6 Captain Marvel came back at a 9.2. It was a beautiful copy but for the common 1” or so color breaking crease at the middle of the bottom cover edge. This was common from the shipping strap. A couple of years later i sold that comic along with a 9.0 Capt America 100 and 9.4 Submariner #1 out of need.

I would later upgrade the Conan to a 9.8 and picked up what us now a CBCS 9.0 Silver Surfer. But I have still had a desire to get the Surfer and Capt Marvel in 9.8. Today I won the following auction:

9.8 w/ White Pages….1 of only 24 9.8 in the CGC census.

Post 834 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations, @Scifinator. A satisfying win I'm sure. I hope you got Captain Marvel at a good price. I am in search of that issue myself.

I have SSofC #1 also -- purchased in early 1980's (along with Conan the Barbarian #1... which I have been waiting to get back from CBCS coming up to one year in 10 days). I have yet to send my SS #1 for grading.
Post 835 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Looks like that shipment just grew by one...
Post 836 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@drchaos Looks like that shipment just grew by one...

No, I bought the book from MCS so they will just take it on consignment as it is already in their warehouse there is no need to ship.
Post 837 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I won an auction on ComicLink last month. I refuse to pay the percentage charged on credit card transactions, so I mail a check. By the time the check clears and they ship the book, I've forgotten what I've won. Surprises all around on arrival.
Post 838 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I won an auction on ComicLink last month. I refuse to pay the percentage charged on credit card transactions, so I mail a check. By the time the check clears and they ship the book, I've forgotten what I've won. Surprises all around on arrival.

If you get a card with cashback - may be able to offset the charge
Post 839 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
That's still money out of your pocket. It's best to do lose the stamp and envelope. 2-3% adds up quick
Post 840 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

If you get a card with cashback - may be able to offset the charge

I do have a Capital One, but I don't think Samuel L. Jackson will cough up as much as 3%.
Post 841 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Slowly turning Silver into Gold and this one required quite the conversion. One down, one to go.

Post 842 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Two for two tonight! Exhausted a lot of built up Silver in the process, but it's all just value shift within the collection.

Post 843 IP   flag post

Post 844 IP   flag post
Collector Gridwalker private msg quote post Address this user
Added this one to the PC:

Post 845 IP   flag post
@obrie2tm

Congrats on the great book.

It seems like there is too much money chasing most of the books this week.
Post 846 IP   flag post
@drchaos thanks! I agree, missed out on a number of other books I was shooting for, but feel I grabbed this one at a pretty fair price. Harder book in higher grade.
Post 847 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
I saw this lot of 86 Daredevil Silver age and Bronze Age books on eBay last week and thought I would put in a bid. I didn't think I would win as I usually get sniped at the last moments but surprisingly I was the only person to bid On this collection of mostly mid grade books. Pre-pandemic I had sold my collection of number one through70 something to help fund my business when the comic book boom happened I thought I would never get to re-buy the collection I had before. This takes a big dent out of that run but I'm trying to complete for Daredevil.

Post 848 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up 3 today.

Post 849 IP   flag post

Post 850 IP   flag post
@starlord
I just nabbed some high grade DD myself.
DD 126 NM 9.4

DD 128 VF/NM 9.0

DD 132 NM 9.4

DD 133 NM 9.4

DD 135 NM 9.4

DD 154 NM 9.4

Post 851 IP   flag post
Also snagged these

Captain America 212 NM 9.4

Captain America 230 NM+ 9.6

Superman 229 FN/VF 7.0 (I usually don't buy books not in NM, but I really dig the cover.)

Supernatural Thrillers 6 VF/NM (Close enough to NM for a great piece)

Post 852 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I bid on a few auctions today, but only managed to knock this little guy off the want list for my ASM run.

Post 853 IP   flag post
Got two last night:

Post 854 IP   flag post
@esaravo I have one of these in grading now. Hope to have it back by the end of the month. From last September submission.
Post 855 IP   flag post
601366 999 30