Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got my hands on a old McFarlane signature. I hope it has the webstamp on the back but comiclink is a pos and never posts back covers.

Post 801 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Finally got my hands on a old McFarlane signature. I hope it has the webstamp on the back but comiclink is a pos and never posts back covers.

Looks like a solid webstamp on the back candidate with that signature.
Post 802 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Post 803 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Comiclink doesn't show a back pic because they don't want everyone to know the graded book you bought has been baptized by their sticker.
Post 804 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew

What is the significance of the web stamp? I have never heard of this before.
Post 805 IP   flag post

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Todd Mcfarlane used to own a comic shop called the Spider's web.....he signed quite a few comics and then stamped the back cover with that web pattern to authenticate that he had signed that book and it was legit.
Post 806 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

Mine also has the web stamp back cover
Post 807 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Todd Mcfarlane used to own a comic shop called the Spider's web.....he signed quite a few comics and then stamped the back cover with that web pattern to authenticate that he had signed that book and it was legit.

Cool. Thanks for the info.
Post 808 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Some more pick ups for my personal collection from comiclink:

Post 809 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 810 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
The book I didn't win because I always fall asleep on the couch right about the time the MCS Monday auction starts. It went for $12. Decided I need to have one of these ever since someone showed the cover here on the forum. They're not hard to find, I should probably be buying a higher grade anyway:

Post 811 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

That's a book that should be subbed with fast track, to CBCS for sig verification, if it has the stamp on the BC.

That book is hot AF now.
Post 812 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder no rush for me since it's for my personal collection.
Post 813 IP   flag post
To poor decisions

Post 814 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
A couple of more upgrades to my force ghost collection.

No clue about “DNA Collection” pedigree.
Post 815 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

No clue about “DNA Collection” pedigree.

Douglas Noel Adams???
Post 816 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
well....didn't 'need' this book but well......

Post 817 IP   flag post
Nothing overly exciting tonight... but then I'm a cheap bastard, so that makes sense.

Post 818 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
My only auction win from todays MCS. Looks like some good reading material.

“ Claudio Castellini unleashes the Silver Surfer! It's a space saga with art so awesome it will make grown men weep. This 48-page epic has it all: Galactus, Thanos, Skrulls, stellar scripting by Ron Marz, and visuals that will burn holes in your corneas! Written by Ron Marz. Art and cover by Claudio Castellini”

Post 819 IP   flag post
@Scifinator the cover certainly looks awesome.
Post 820 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Got four last night:

Post 821 IP   flag post
Collector Gridwalker private msg quote post Address this user
Won this beauty last night

Post 822 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Planning to crack out both Booster Gold books for Dan Jurgens signatures assuming I can find him at a comic show one of these days.

I've only seen him once...maybe 6-7 years ago. Keep waiting for him to come back around, but I think he's just too busy with work. The only thing he's done recently was Motor City last October. He's currently on the list for Terrificcon in CT at the end of July.
Post 823 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:

Planning to crack out both Booster Gold books for Dan Jurgens signatures assuming I can find him at a comic show one of these days.

I've only seen him once...maybe 6-7 years ago. Keep waiting for him to come back around, but I think he's just too busy with work. The only thing he's done recently was Motor City last October. He's currently on the list for Terrificcon in CT at the end of July.

I last saw him at Terrifficon (2018?)

He was also at another show in Long Island before that.

Hopefully he decides to do a show in the Northeast.

I will wait to crack the books out until I see him on a roster.
Post 824 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user

Got lucky on this one
Post 825 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
One for tonight

Post 826 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:

I last saw him at Terrifficon (2018?)

He was also at another show in Long Island before that.

Hopefully he decides to do a show in the Northeast.

I will wait to crack the books out until I see him on a roster.

Looks like Dan Jurgens will be at Terrificon this year.
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
I should have started using fb for buying comics a while ago...picked this up for 42 bucks in an auction. Nice looking copy besides a few spine ticks.

Post 828 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
It's been a good weekend for pickups. Got these in trades/extremely cheap pickups on fb/reddit.

Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Just the one this evening
Post 830 IP   flag post
600702 999 30