Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user

The ASM is me slowly filling in those holes. The Batman was an impulse bid where I put in what I thought was a decent price and managed to walk away with it.
Post 551 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Only one for tonight from the @Scifinator pedigree collection. I didn't expect to win it, but I'm happy to have it in my collection. If I end up parting ways with it, 50% of the profit is yours.

Post 552 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
from the @Scifinator pedigree collection

It's like a brotherhood, welcome. The Unremarkable Pedigree.
Post 553 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Only won for tonight from the @Scifinator pedigree collection. I didn't expect to win it, but I'm happy to have it in my collection. If I end up parting ways with it, 50% of the profit is yours.

@flanders - Awesome, congrats! Good win. That is the lowest yet. But, happy it went to a forum member. And, if you do sell, no keep back.

Gotta say, this week was super slow for my sales. Only three listings sold.
Post 554 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Got two tonight:

Post 555 IP   flag post

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8

Figured since I got the uncanny 266 I might as well pick up the first gambit cameo, happened to find an auction about to end on a nice looking copy for a good bit below fmv and pulled the trigger
That isnt a cameo by any stretch of the imagination..he appears throughout the entire book, in costume and called by name. The 266 was slated to come out first, but things got shuffled and this book was released first, and is his first appearance, although chronologically by storyline the 266 happens first. Since it isnt slabbed you can pop it open and verify what I said !
Post 556 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently I won a raw Doorway to Nightmare #1 last night. All I can think of is I bid on it Saturday after I saw @flanders copy.
Post 557 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad soooo ... congrats on your win? I guess?
Post 558 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@HeinzDad soooo ... congrats on your win? I guess?
Yeah, exactly. I have zero recollection. It looks like one I’d buy though! The bid I put in wasn’t absurd either.
Post 559 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town well they'll both be going off to get graded either way lol. Should have this in hand today so I'll check it out then. Still contemplating what books I drop off at baltimore, quite a few possibilities although I know for sure those 2 and stray dogs 1 first print(getting signed by forstner at the con) will be among them.
Post 560 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Slim pickings for me last week

Post 561 IP   flag post
Was psyched to get this today, until I saw the packaging...sandwiched between 2 undersized pieces of corrugated, in a manila envelope...and this is the result unfortunately. Non color breaking, so I'm just hoping they'll press out.

Post 562 IP   flag post
Should press out nicely
Post 563 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Sebastsk8
Post 564 IP   flag post
We'll see what the seller says, I told him a partial refund of roughly 15 to cover pressing.
Post 565 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
We'll see what the seller says, I told him a partial refund of roughly 15 to cover pressing.
I have done this before, most people have been fine with it.
Post 566 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Got these (and one Frontline Combat) tonight. Pretty rough shape, but are good placeholders in my PC until better copies come along. I love EC comics.

Post 567 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Just one win for me last week in comics

Probably over paid a bit. But it is an homage to kirby
Post 568 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

First Cover Appearance of Green Arrow
Post 569 IP   flag post

This one fascinated me....I see signatures for Julie Strain, Kevin Eastman, Berni Wrightson, Mark Bode, and I am guessing the one in top right corner is Scott Hampton....but the rest I cannot identify ....although I am 50/50 one of them is Bill Sienkiewicz

Guesses anyone?
Post 570 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town

I was the underbidder on that one.

Enjoy the book!
Post 571 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@Darkseid_of_town

I was the underbidder on that one.

Enjoy the book!
Sorry, never like stepping on peoples toes, but Julie Strain is an all time favorite for me, and I never had a Wrightson autograph for my own till now. Sorry I beat ya out, but it will go to a good home, although I have yet to figure out the names on it other than those mentioned
Post 572 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
limited signed by Bob Kane! 622/2500

Post 573 IP   flag post
Oops I did it again. I won a single $35 slab at MCS auction and now I have to find another $60 worth of stuff to buy to justify the shipping cost:

No compulsory likes are necessary, lol.
Post 574 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia if you aren't aware, you have two weeks from today to make payment so you can stack auction wins and you can always ask for an extension until the end of the prime auction.
Post 575 IP   flag post
Quote:
@EbayMafia if you aren't aware, you have two weeks from today to make payment so you can stack auction wins and you can always ask for an extension until the end of the prime auction.

@flanders I realized that tonight as one of my auctions from 2 weeks ago just got paid tonight. Personally I think it is way too long and one of my criticisms of MCS as a seller. I've had 2 books sitting for 2 weeks waiting for payment. 1 still did not get paid tonight, so a buyer just pulled it off the market for 2 weeks basically.
Post 576 IP   flag post
Won two last night:

Post 577 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Wicked cover!
Post 578 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:

Wicked cover!

Thanks!

I think I had two of these signed by Rob Liefeld at one point.
Post 579 IP   flag post
Once I've won a book at a comiclink auction I feel obligated to bid from beginning to end. It should be an interesting week after winning these tonight. I really do need to develop some kind of strategy both in bidding and on how long I plan to keep books before trying to sell. My current business model is faulty, especially when so many books end up in my personal collection. Maybe I'll focus on buying books with poor cover art so they won't be so hard to let go of.

Post 580 IP   flag post
601333 999 30