Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

Nice book!

I was looking at that one but ultimately passed it up to focus on other books.

Came away empty tonight.
Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
My heart is racing! More than double the most I've spent on a book and I wasn't expecting to win it.

Congrats on your big win! How exciting.
Post 527 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Jeff can be your new dancer name on the nights you work at the club. Nice win Jeff!
Post 528 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos thanks and glad you passed on it @Caffeine_Kid thanks! @EbayMafia I'm not much of a dancer, maybe it can be my onlyfans name.
Post 529 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't want to start a new thread, but be sure to always read the fine print: Staples rusted in holder

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/923227
Post 530 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Didn't want to start a new thread, but be sure to always read the fine print: Staples rusted in holder

@flanders - LOL I saw that and put in a stupid low bid. Figured if I won, I'd crack it, spray some WD-40 on it, and send in for regrade.

By the way, that is a nice Bone you got there. Congrats!
Post 531 IP   flag post
@Scifinator On the CGC boards the consensus is that with rusting that severe it'll max out at a 8.5. I hope your stupid low bid was less than $100.
Post 532 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - yes, I was out-bid immediately. Probably a remnant of a collection that was hit in hurricane.
Post 533 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@drchaos thanks and glad you passed on it @Caffeine_Kid thanks! @EbayMafia I'm not much of a dancer, maybe it can be my onlyfans name.

Jeff Gigolo.
Post 534 IP   flag post
Quote:

For the staples to rust in the slab it more than likely was kept in a safe or a safety deposit box. Slabbed books need air movement.
Post 535 IP   flag post
Coming soon to a desk near @sborock for accurate grading and a Crystal Clear encasement.

Post 536 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That should not be sold in a 9.8 case.

I would be pissed if I ended up missing that.
Post 537 IP   flag post
Go two tonight:

Post 538 IP   flag post
Some more low hanging fruit, as @EbayMafia would put it:

Post 539 IP   flag post
Quote:

Ended up selling for $575!
Post 540 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders a VG sitting in a 9.8 case.
And the rust is pretty severe and it'll get worse before it gets better.

Always buy the book never the grade, this is a poster pic example 👍
Post 541 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user

Just one modern for me this week. Very reasonable price. Going to cbcs at Monroe pop fest.
Post 542 IP   flag post
Last two for the week:

Post 543 IP   flag post
Slow night.

Won the Rick and Morty 2 B 9.8.

Not sure how to share the pic from my phone.
Post 544 IP   flag post
My only win tonight, but another hole filled.

Post 545 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

For the staples to rust in the slab it more than likely was kept in a safe or a safety deposit box. Slabbed books need air movement.
or could have been stored at Doc Chaos' place
Post 546 IP   flag post
Picked up two new additions tonight:

Post 547 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
My only win of the week

Post 548 IP   flag post
Post 549 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user

Figured since I got the uncanny 266 I might as well pick up the first gambit cameo, happened to find an auction about to end on a nice looking copy for a good bit below fmv and pulled the trigger
Post 550 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user

The ASM is me slowly filling in those holes. The Batman was an impulse bid where I put in what I thought was a decent price and managed to walk away with it.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Only one for tonight from the @Scifinator pedigree collection. I didn't expect to win it, but I'm happy to have it in my collection. If I end up parting ways with it, 50% of the profit is yours.

Post 552 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
from the @Scifinator pedigree collection

It's like a brotherhood, welcome. The Unremarkable Pedigree.
Post 553 IP   flag post
Quote:
Only won for tonight from the @Scifinator pedigree collection. I didn't expect to win it, but I'm happy to have it in my collection. If I end up parting ways with it, 50% of the profit is yours.

@flanders - Awesome, congrats! Good win. That is the lowest yet. But, happy it went to a forum member. And, if you do sell, no keep back.

Gotta say, this week was super slow for my sales. Only three listings sold.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Got two tonight:

Post 555 IP   flag post
601487 999 30