Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

@Caffeine_Kid Nice book! I would be very hesitant about trying for a higher grade. 8.0 is a nearly impossible grade on books of that age as it is. I don't think they dinged it much for that discoloring on the right side. If you get a chance, pick up a copy of Whiz Comics #21 while they are still priced reasonably. First appearance of the Lieutenants and it pre-dates the first appearance of Captain Marvel Jr. in Whiz comics #25. You won't be sorry.

@EbayMafia thanks for your comments. My intention in trying to fix the discoloring wasn't to get a higher grade, but to enhance the appearance.

I will keep an eye out for #21. Thanks for the tip!
Post 501 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid - Love those Captain Marvel's. Congrats.
Post 502 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Caffeine_Kid - Love those Captain Marvel's. Congrats.

Hey, thanks!
Post 503 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Won two tonight.

Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Just got a complete run of MiracleMan from Eclipse, including the Apocrypha mini-series. They took a scenic tour around the US before making it here, and the auctioneer sent them via Media Mail. The box was literally about to fall apart but the insides were packged very well, thank goodness. They are mostly all 9.8 candidates. Unfortunately #23 is not a 9.8. Must be why its worth so much to get in that grade.

Post 505 IP   flag post

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

That's a;; for tonight.
Post 506 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Just 2 moderns for me last week

Got at what I consider a fair price. Will be sending to cbcs at Monroe pop fest.
Post 507 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The madness continues. After trying to stop purchasing in 2021 it appears I've developed the habit of buying dreck...

Post 508 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
The madness continues. After trying to stop purchasing in 2021 it appears I've developed the habit of buying dreck...

Hush your mouth boy!
Post 509 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad you want any of this junk, other than the Strange Tales #170?
Post 510 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders not all dreck, or maybe my standards are just lower 😂 the star wars 4 is nice
Post 511 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I was pretty bored yesterday with heavy winds and rain from Henri hitting RI, so I spent too much time on eBay looking at auctions. I ended up winning two GA Archie books that looked interesting (and lost a few X-Men and ASM auctions too). I used to own a few Archie titles from the 1950's years ago, and have no idea what happened to them (and several other books), so I guess these are replacements.

Post 512 IP   flag post

Post 513 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The madness continues. After trying to stop purchasing in 2021 it appears I've developed the habit of buying dreck

@flanders I feel you man. But buying comic books is not such a bad thing as far as vices go. If you feel your trapped into picking low hanging fruit, my only suggestion would be set your sights on some higher hanging fruit and enjoy spending the time searching for it. Maybe put together a list of 20-40 books that are keepers for the permanent collection. And then go about picking them off based on which ones come available first at the best value.
Post 514 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Sold the Lee/Miller Gold signed Wolverine 1 today, so I bid big in the MCS auction and won:

Only need about a doz other issues to complete the full run.
Post 515 IP   flag post
Quote:

Here's a few up for auction

https://www.liveauctionworld.com/auction.aspx?as=76307&p=1&ps=10&q=G.i.%20joe&is=1&ex=0&so=1&sf=0&hi=0
Post 516 IP   flag post
Hot on the heels of winning the Raw 21, I won a CBCS Certified 9.4 ARAH 21 and a old CGC 8.5 GSX 1.

Will likely send to CBCS for press and grade reholder. But likely to keep in my permanent collection afterwards, as it is my favorite X-Men cover and never owned until now.

Then i will place right next to:

Post 517 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:

Here's a few up for auction

https://www.liveauctionworld.com/auction.aspx?as=76307&p=1&ps=10&q=G.i.%20joe&is=1&ex=0&so=1&sf=0&hi=0

@Caffeine_Kid - D@mn. Just saw your post and the auctions ended already. Thanks for posting though.
Post 518 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 519 IP   flag post

Post 520 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user

1 and 2 in surprisingly good condition, luckily those are the more pricey issues.
Post 521 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

@drchaos Nice book! Congrats!
Post 522 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

@drchaos Nice book! Congrats!

Thanks!

Got outbid on quite a few but was very happy to grab this one.
Post 523 IP   flag post
My heart is racing! More than double the most I've spent on a book and I wasn't expecting to win it. This seems like a steal compared to the $6900 plus another 15% buyer's premium someone paid on commicconnect tonight for a CGC 9.6 Universal label. Hopefully in a few months it'll come back from CBCS with at least the same grade. I owned a CBCS 9.0 Jeff Smith Verified that I sold about a year ago and have regretted it since. It's nice to have this back in my collection. Now I need to consider legally changing my name to Jeff.

Post 524 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
My heart is racing! More than double the most I've spent on a book and I wasn't expecting to win it. This seems like a steal compared to the $6900 plus another 15% buyer's premium someone paid on commicconnect tonight for a CGC 9.6 Universal label. Hopefully in a few months it'll come back from CBCS with at least the same grade. I owned a CBCS 9.0 Jeff Smith Verified that I sold about a year ago and have regretted it since. It's nice to have this back in my collection. Now I need to consider legally changing my name to Jeff.

sit down.... breath into a paper bag.... Congrats!
Post 525 IP   flag post
@flanders

Nice book!

I was looking at that one but ultimately passed it up to focus on other books.

Came away empty tonight.
Post 526 IP   flag post
Quote:
My heart is racing! More than double the most I've spent on a book and I wasn't expecting to win it.

Congrats on your big win! How exciting.
Post 527 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Jeff can be your new dancer name on the nights you work at the club. Nice win Jeff!
Post 528 IP   flag post
@drchaos thanks and glad you passed on it @Caffeine_Kid thanks! @EbayMafia I'm not much of a dancer, maybe it can be my onlyfans name.
Post 529 IP   flag post
Didn't want to start a new thread, but be sure to always read the fine print: Staples rusted in holder

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/923227
Post 530 IP   flag post
601478 999 30