Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Here we go ... the gamble paid off! Hasn't gone up as much as Miles first appearance, but not a slouch, either.

I think long term she will have every bit the punch Miles does...and may see a movie of her own soon...then lookout!

Did I ever tell you about how this was not technically her first appearance or more like how she apparently appeared in two books this month rather than just this one?

No, I didn't know that! What's the story?
Post 351 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It's not easy to win an X-Men comic for an affordable price nowadays but I feel I got a good deal on this one:

Post 352 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Here we go ... the gamble paid off! Hasn't gone up as much as Miles first appearance, but not a slouch, either.

I think long term she will have every bit the punch Miles does...and may see a movie of her own soon...then lookout!

Did I ever tell you about how this was not technically her first appearance or more like how she apparently appeared in two books this month rather than just this one?

No, I didn't know that! What's the story?
Apparently the same month as the Spiderverse book released, Marvel also released Deadpool Vs Hawkeye #0 IF I remember right. In the comic, there is a panel where they are driving down the street through something like a parade, and to the side, on the sidewalk you see Spider Gwen and Jane Foster version Thor...or at least two people in costumes dressed up like them.

I dont believe they are called by name nor is it likely it is the actual characters but rather someone dressed as them but still amusing
Post 353 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
A couple hundred more than I expected to win it for but I got my Plastic Man #33 and a couple others!
I sold a Vault of Horror #26 CGC 6.0 Recently for $750 and I like this cover more so I figured after taxes and fees it's an even trade.

Post 354 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Busy night

Second Highest Graded (Only Two Copies on CGC Census)

One of Two Highest Graded

Single Highest Graded

Single Highest Graded

Post 355 IP   flag post

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
One of Two Highest Graded

Only Two Copies Graded Higher

Only Three Copies Graded Higher

Single Highest Graded

Post 356 IP   flag post
Last on for tonight:

Second Highest Graded - Only Two Copies Graded Higher

Post 357 IP   flag post
Zoo funnies 9 nov 1954 6 total copies in the CGC census
this would rank in the top three at 5.5

last documented graded sale was 2018 by GPA in any grade.
Post 358 IP   flag post
Let's get the party started!

Post 359 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Wins from yesterday

Post 360 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 361 IP   flag post
Way too much money in the room tonight.

I was lucky to steal two books before people started paying attention.
Post 362 IP   flag post
Two wins today

Post 363 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I've gotten pretty good at scrolling up through the pictures and guessing who they were purchased by before I see the forum members name. If it includes a slabbed single page or a desirable coverless book, it's almost always @Poka.
Post 364 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 365 IP   flag post
Won three last night:

Post 366 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I've gotten pretty good at scrolling up through the pictures and guessing who they were purchased by before I see the forum members name. If it includes a slabbed single page or a desirable coverless book, it's almost always @Poka.

I mainly buy pages of the grails I cannot afford for my PC
Post 367 IP   flag post
Got just the one tonight:

Post 368 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 369 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

Some nice fire with that Zatanna cover and First female furies and Funky winkerbean book!
Post 370 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Went about $40 higher than I wanted...but this book doesn't come up all that often...only 3000 printed.

Thinking 7 or 7.5...might luck out with an 8

Rachel Rising is what really got me into Terry Moores work and then 5 Years and now Serial..only starting to dip my toes into Strangers..but this be the book that started it all!!

By coincidence (or is it!!!) I have a sketch from Mr. Moore - I hope he returns to Toronto at some point and offers more than quick sketches cause I have $$$ to burn!!

Post 371 IP   flag post
Saw this one up for auction..GPA shows a 5.5 selling at 110...will take the 6.0 at the same price point !

Just seems too cheap, an early Fantastic four before issue 40 slabbed and in mid grade for a little over a single bill..the bargains are still out there if you spend the time looking

Nevermind an early Avengers appearance by Wasp, Thor, Giant man and Cap!
Post 372 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Link?
Post 373 IP   flag post
I bid and won it Bronte, the best link I can provide is an instant message.
Post 374 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Lol. That's ok. I was just going to "look".
Post 375 IP   flag post
Here you go

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=52966469
Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector bluemeenie private msg quote post Address this user
I actually just won an auction for Wolverine Volume 2 issues 1-65 plus Wolverine #50 NYCC Exclusive Variant, Wolverine Annual #1, Wolverine : Flies to a Spider, Wolverine : Mr X, for 50 bucks.

I was actually searching for the Scorpion Comics Thanos legacy dual cover books and in the "also interest" section was this auction for it with zero bids.

I clicked on it and there was like 10 secs, left so I bid.

it's like a dollar an issue after shipping.

Post 377 IP   flag post
Got three books tonight:

Post 378 IP   flag post

Post 379 IP   flag post

Won two copies of this book.

Post 380 IP   flag post
598066 999 30