Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Anyway, they look good to me and, I think, are worth the risk. I'll send both to my presser and see what happens. Will try to remember to report back. Books will arrive on Monday.

They arrived today, two days early, so that's awesome. The Edge of Spider-Verse has 3-4 spine ticks that did not show up in the pic, and one BARELY breaks color. I'd say a 9.6, but I'm not sure if a press will be able to fix them.

The UF4 looks fantastic. I assume it has the polybag line down the back, but the front is cherry. And I have a presser who has been fantastic on this issue, so I'll send it to him straight away.

Very happy with both purchases. Will update later with grades.
Post 326 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Got this tonight. I hope the #33 makes the lot worth the price I paid.

Post 327 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Won these books from two different sources over the last couple days:

Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 329 IP   flag post

Post 330 IP   flag post

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Just two tonight:

Post 331 IP   flag post

Post 332 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Threw a bid on this yesterday morning before I went fishing and it ended up being the winning bid.

Post 333 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
I won this one last month. I just threw in a bid, fully expecting not to win. #38/66
Post 334 IP   flag post
Got one last night:

Post 335 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
This isn’t the specific copy I got but I bought this book yesterday to go towards my Marvel Limited collection. It was a tad more than I would’ve liked to pay but it was about half the price of the next cheapest copy and most copies are almost twice THAT price so I’m happy. Just two books to go!

Post 336 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Did I go over what I wanted to pay = yes!
do I feel wronged by that =no!!!!

Lets say 25yrs ago when I was in my early 20's I found this antique place a few towns away that also had comics and magazines and they also had just the covers from comics for a few bucks - I have this comic but only the cover (a few others too that I need to dig out - maybe get the actual books!?)
Anyway..have wanted a copy for a long time, this is apparently rated a 7 on the scarcity index but now this beauty is mine!!

Heritage is calling this a 4 and I think that's fair (some staining on the back)
People can chase their ratio variants all day long...I will take this with only 17 on the CGC census...need to see if any on the CBCS..I know in the next few years this one will at least be on the CBCS list!!

Post 337 IP   flag post
Whooops!! looks like I won this too! didn't think my bid would win...nothin special just the price was right and don't already have it.

Just crap compared to Jumbo Comics though - lol!!!

Post 338 IP   flag post
Got just the one tonight:

Post 339 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Think I may have won this. Not too sure as I was bid up to the max but my bid is still green.

Post 340 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Think I may have won this. Not too sure as I was bid up to the max but my bid is still green.

I was privately discussing with Jesse the appropriateness of starting a thread about "things you won't see in comic books today". I'm pretty sure this cover would qualify.
Post 341 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia I accidentally got into romance books after picking up a fox giant that had remainder comics bound into a square bound book. I am into crime and the book had crime, adventure and romance books.
The romance stories and letters pages blew me away I was laughing with my wife as I read them out to her.

So after I saw this book on the boards about a year ago I've been on the hunt for any copy.

Be cool to have a thread on books where they wouldn't have those covers now days.

This book would be another candidate.

Post 342 IP   flag post
Won me a Wally Wood sketch!

Post 343 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Wow!!!! that's amazing!! Congrats!!
Post 344 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

only a few more signatures or sketches I would like to get from these old time nobodies!!!

Maybe this is the year I get a Kirby??(even a signed print would do!)
Post 345 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I got this one back from grading today, but here it is when it was just a raw comic on eBay. Edge of Spider-Verse #2, the first Spider-Gwen.

I'll post a picture of the graded comic next. Gambled $450 plus tax and shipping on this beauty, so I looked VERY carefully at all the pictures. Here are most of them:

Post 346 IP   flag post
Here we go ... the gamble paid off! Hasn't gone up as much as Miles first appearance, but not a slouch, either.

Post 347 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

only a few more signatures or sketches I would like to get from these old time nobodies!!!

Maybe this is the year I get a Kirby??(even a signed print would do!)

Your collection of OA is awesome!! A Kirby sig on a napkin would be gold in my opinion lol!! Best of luck on securing a Kirby! be sure to post when you do.
Post 348 IP   flag post
Looks like I did win that comic book I posted the cover last night as I just got the invoice and sent off payment.
Post 349 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Here we go ... the gamble paid off! Hasn't gone up as much as Miles first appearance, but not a slouch, either.

I think long term she will have every bit the punch Miles does...and may see a movie of her own soon...then lookout!

Did I ever tell you about how this was not technically her first appearance or more like how she apparently appeared in two books this month rather than just this one?
Post 350 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:

I think long term she will have every bit the punch Miles does...and may see a movie of her own soon...then lookout!

Did I ever tell you about how this was not technically her first appearance or more like how she apparently appeared in two books this month rather than just this one?

No, I didn't know that! What's the story?
Post 351 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It's not easy to win an X-Men comic for an affordable price nowadays but I feel I got a good deal on this one:

Post 352 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:

No, I didn't know that! What's the story?
Apparently the same month as the Spiderverse book released, Marvel also released Deadpool Vs Hawkeye #0 IF I remember right. In the comic, there is a panel where they are driving down the street through something like a parade, and to the side, on the sidewalk you see Spider Gwen and Jane Foster version Thor...or at least two people in costumes dressed up like them.

I dont believe they are called by name nor is it likely it is the actual characters but rather someone dressed as them but still amusing
Post 353 IP   flag post
A couple hundred more than I expected to win it for but I got my Plastic Man #33 and a couple others!
I sold a Vault of Horror #26 CGC 6.0 Recently for $750 and I like this cover more so I figured after taxes and fees it's an even trade.

Post 354 IP   flag post
Busy night

Second Highest Graded (Only Two Copies on CGC Census)

One of Two Highest Graded

Single Highest Graded

Single Highest Graded

Post 355 IP   flag post
600815 999 30