Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
@poka I'm wondering what cost more, the page from Superman #1 or the 0.5 FF 1? I think for display purposes I would prefer to have the page from Superman #1, but I'm guessing the FF 1 would be significantly more expensive?

I paid top $ for the SM and low $ for the FF so the FF1 was 25% more expensive than the SM page
Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 302 IP   flag post

Post 303 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
@poka I'm wondering what cost more, the page from Superman #1 or the 0.5 FF 1? I think for display purposes I would prefer to have the page from Superman #1, but I'm guessing the FF 1 would be significantly more expensive?

I paid top $ for the SM and low $ for the FF so the FF1 was 25% more expensive than the SM page

One more thing to note. This page is the second most expensive (page 15 is more expensive). For other pages - prices starts at $100.
Price I paid is already in GPA ($3100)
Post 304 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

Cool book!

I bought a fist issue a couple years ago.

Post 305 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
An MCS win that I wasn't really expecting tonight:

Post 306 IP   flag post
Some crazy prices tonight. These are the ones I managed to get so far

Post 307 IP   flag post
Quote:
An MCS win that I wasn't really expecting tonight:

Congrats - maybe Corey is off tonight? 🤷‍♂️
Post 308 IP   flag post
Last ones for today

Post 309 IP   flag post
Second and final win for the night. Once I saw the cover I wanted it bad:

Post 310 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@poka Corey took a few weeks off. $35k 0% credit card will finally be paid off tomorrow.
Post 311 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@poka Corey took a few weeks off. $35k 0% credit card will finally be paid off tomorrow.
Ah, now I realize who Corey is. Thanks for taking a break and giving me a chance! I'm pretty excited about my two wins tonight.
Post 312 IP   flag post
2 Wins for the night

From the Personal Collection of @Scifinator
Post 313 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller - I will say it again, if one of my comics is going to go below FMV, I am completely fine with it going to a CBCS Forum member who appreciates the craft.

Cheers!
Post 314 IP   flag post
Wins for today

Post 315 IP   flag post

Post 316 IP   flag post
Collector ShadowFan private msg quote post Address this user
Missed out on my top targets in the most recent MCS auction, but still managed to pick up 3 for my personal collection.

Post 317 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these for my PC:

Post 318 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Trying to spend less this year but I'm happy with these:

Post 319 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
it seems like a press will take that check mark away and bump it up a bit!!!

I think the checkmark means it presents better than the grade, maybe due to some defect in the interior, etc. (Check the grader's notes) Don't think a pressing will improve that.
Post 320 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Won this one a little while ago! These don’t come up too often and sellers typically ask around $300 for a copy. I was able to win this copy for a little over half that, though the slipcase is slightly damaged.

Post 321 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotSoNice
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
it seems like a press will take that check mark away and bump it up a bit!!!

I think the checkmark means it presents better than the grade, maybe due to some defect in the interior, etc. (Check the grader's notes) Don't think a pressing will improve that.

no, no my friend!! the free CBCS graders notes were what lead me to bid on that sweet ASM 361!

Notes:
very tiny spine stress does not break color
long indents front & back cover

with book in hand 100% this moves up with a press..just a matter of how much. The long indents will come out but the tiny spine stress may not...can't even really identify it with a magnifying glass...if it's what I think then I say no..but those massive indents 100%
Post 322 IP   flag post

Post 323 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I won these two off eBay for what I hope is a very reasonable price. Seller literally had a 0 rating, was "new to eBay." The pictures look great, though. He listed both as "VF 8.0 maybe higher."

My hope and expectation is, he just didn't know how to describe the two comics, or how to list on eBay, because "I just didn’t want to miss lead anyone." He also said (about the UF4) his LCS bagged and boarded it for him when it came out, and he's never taken it out. He is "no means a expert on grading" but said, when I asked, "as far as flaws go there are none corners aren’t bent and pages are white."

Not sure how he saw the pages when it looks to still be in the polybag. Maybe he meant the cover?

Anyway, they look good to me and, I think, are worth the risk. I'll send both to my presser and see what happens. Will try to remember to report back. Books will arrive on Monday.

Post 324 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@ShadowFan congrats on the Star Wars DE 6. That is a Scifinator original owner hand picked at publication from LSC special. Enjoy!

@Zdoes10 - congrats on the Purgatori Prelude and Alpha Flight 1. Those are both Scifinator original owner items. Enjoy!
Post 325 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Anyway, they look good to me and, I think, are worth the risk. I'll send both to my presser and see what happens. Will try to remember to report back. Books will arrive on Monday.

They arrived today, two days early, so that's awesome. The Edge of Spider-Verse has 3-4 spine ticks that did not show up in the pic, and one BARELY breaks color. I'd say a 9.6, but I'm not sure if a press will be able to fix them.

The UF4 looks fantastic. I assume it has the polybag line down the back, but the front is cherry. And I have a presser who has been fantastic on this issue, so I'll send it to him straight away.

Very happy with both purchases. Will update later with grades.
Post 326 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Got this tonight. I hope the #33 makes the lot worth the price I paid.

Post 327 IP   flag post
Won these books from two different sources over the last couple days:

Post 328 IP   flag post

Post 329 IP   flag post

Post 330 IP   flag post
601269 999 30