Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@poka lost out on all my books I was interested in.

There were a lot of Disney books and some for quite a lot of $$ -that's a great haul you have there!!

sorry to hear you didn’t get any. yeah - some of them were crazy prices - but i never go higher than the price i have set before the auctions - so happy with the ones i got.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Oops!! I lied - looks like I won this comic that was in the Poster auction at Heritage.

It's beat up but the sig looks legit to me i think?

Will have to send it in for verification - will be my first Mark Hamill sig - only need Harrison and Alec Guinness (lol!!!)

Guessing 6 or 6.5 tops! - was much cheaper than just about any Hamill sig on the bay!

Post 252 IP   flag post
@KatKomics nice if it is an authentic Hamill sig
Post 253 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 254 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Signed by Gil Kane

Post 255 IP   flag post

Last one for tonight.

Blank cover sketched by Dawn McTiegue

Post 256 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Last one for tonight.

Blank cover sketched by Dawn McTiegue

Wow!
Post 257 IP   flag post
Soooooo a total impulse buy - big chunk out of the back cover but it looks fun!

Post 258 IP   flag post
And one of the books I was actually after!!! -not a ton of them out there!

Could have held out/saved up for a 7.0 or something but the saying is that the best time to buy something is when you see it!!

Post 259 IP   flag post

Post 260 IP   flag post
Lady Death Hot Shots (2014 Coffin) 1DEATHENSTEIN PGX 9.8 SS Brian Pulido (not pictured)

That's all for tonight.
Post 261 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I took 3 books at the MCS auction tonight. Don't know how to import the pictures but they were:

Two-Fisted Tales #34 MCS 3.5
X-men #57 MCS 4.5
X-men 105 CGC 9.0
Post 262 IP   flag post

Post 263 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Hard to pass up with white pages and a perfect cover! Gotta compare when it arrives with my 7.0...one of them will ultimately be put up for sale.
Post 264 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm - Gorgeous-looking book, Tim. Congrats.
Post 265 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I won this off fleabay tonight. Hopefully they look as good as they do in the pics when they arrive.

Post 266 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I won this off fleabay tonight. Hopefully they look as good as they do in the pics when they arrive.

Ahhh...Inferno story line...I remember buying those off the rack at the local ice cream place!!

Great books @flanders

Gosh..wonder if the stories hold up..loved Evolutionary Wars, Inferno, Atlantis Attacks!! all just gold!!
Post 267 IP   flag post
not sure why I bid and won this tonight??!!

I have one in for grading right now but this looks much better and is news stand, also doesn't have the bindery tears like mine does (although should not affect the grade).

Thanks to the FREE graders notes it seems like a press will take that check mark away and bump it up a bit!!!

Post 268 IP   flag post
Holy Sh!t..I won this!!!! Gray Morrow!!!!! bid what I thought for sure was wayyyyy too low

Post 269 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 270 IP   flag post
finally managed to win my copy at a “reasonable” price

Post 271 IP   flag post
Two items today

Post 272 IP   flag post

Post 273 IP   flag post

That's all for tonight.
Post 274 IP   flag post
I'm happy about the Evil Ernie. I used to own a 9.4 but sold it a couple years ago.

Post 275 IP   flag post
What in the world!!!

I'm not sure if I want this anymore. Am I seeing things?
Post 276 IP   flag post
@flanders

Congrats.

I was the underbidder on the Dark Knight book.
Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Rough but scarce early Adventure issue that rarely comes up for sale. Great Creig Flessel cover.

Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Just won this for $2

Post 279 IP   flag post
arrgggghh! talk on another tread and an opportune auction combined with a dash of tossing judgment out the door, lighting it on fire then burying the evidence in the woods resulted in these!!

Already have 3 and 4...if some OCD ever kicks in then I'll pickup 5 and 9 to complete 1 to 10....and of course trying to get lower or heaven forbid..1st prints of 1 and or 2!

Post 280 IP   flag post
598060 999 30