Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
only 1 win for tonight
nothing earth shattering but a nice book none the less

Nice cover but where the hell does she sheath that sickle? Also holding it blunt edge out. If double edged it looks more likely to hurt her than anyone else, either when sheathing it (how/where?!?) or just storing it after a hard night’s work.

I’m fickle about sickles.
Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
Getting into the Halloween spirit. And the horror of that cover wrap on GSC would be enough to scare Michael Myers.

Post 977 IP   flag post
Golden Age Friday, with the very important message that crime is a sad, black, dead-end road of fools and tears.

Post 978 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno
Golden Age Friday, with the very important message that crime is a sad, black, dead-end road of fools and tears.

I'm not sure why, but when I saw this cover, I thought of Carl Kolchak.
Post 979 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing big for me this week. Just spec books
Post 980 IP   flag post

Some acquisitions from throughout this week.

Post 981 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Won this tonight and bid purely because I have a copy I'm trying to sell for at least $400 and didn't want it to sell for that low. Somehow I won it for the starting bid of $160, which seems far too low for a polybagged newsstand edition.

Post 982 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

Happy happy joy joy!
Post 983 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I knew the market was crashing, but I didn't know some of these were selling for this low. X-Men #5 is my favorite Jim Lee cover, but I didn't expect to win 4 copies . I think I caught something similar to @DrWatson's FF #186 bug.

Post 984 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Won some upgrades to my existing collection:

Post 985 IP   flag post
More Jim Lee goodness

Post 986 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Got one last night:

Post 987 IP   flag post
The addiction continues...

Post 988 IP   flag post
Last night's winnings:

Post 989 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Won this tonight and bid purely because I have a copy I'm trying to sell for at least $400 and didn't want it to sell for that low. Somehow I won it for the starting bid of $160, which seems far too low for a polybagged newsstand edition.

It is low.

A lot of people are influenced by a minimum bid set at such a price, that they are led to believe that the book is only worth that price, or a little more.

The seller shot himself in the foot by not starting at a penny or a dollar.
Post 990 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user

Got lucky on these I think
Post 991 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Good timing for this win!

Post 992 IP   flag post
Got one tonight:

Post 993 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Won a cheapy tonight for $11. I only bid because I've never owned a price variant before. Growing up, you just didn't see them on the west coast because apparently that is not where they tested price variants.

Post 994 IP   flag post

Post 995 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Won a cheapy tonight for $11. I only bid because I've never owned a price variant before. Growing up, you just didn't see them on the west coast because apparently that is not where they tested price variants.

I bought a couple of them for the exact same reason.
Post 996 IP   flag post
Three tonight:

Post 997 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos that Hawkman #2 could be a contender in the weekly cover contest. I think it is also the first appearance of the Fireworks Weapon...aka the Sizzling Sparklers. And the aliens have no defense against that, despite their nuclear ray-blast weapons.
Post 998 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

Cool! I was just happy to win such a beautiful copy of the book.
Post 999 IP   flag post
601322 999 24