Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeRaw Comics For Sale

Need a second opinion about youtube auction buy10992

Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Guys
Youtube auctions are fun and pretty good, until there not. I have had about 25 good wins so far but this last weekend 1 of my 3 wins left me scratching my head ...what the heck happened?

This was my 2nd purchase from a seller. I had bought a Wolverine 1 from him previous and it was great.
I saw he had 3 rough spiderman. I saw all three books bagged and boarded and I dont know how I ended up paying $45 with ship for this toilet paper. I am going to have to go back and watch the footage. The worst reader I ever got was never like this.. am I over reacting cause its late and I am tired? or was I just stupid? Oh and the 2 newer books were freebies (???) his post it note said. anyway , I trust those of you who know me and I try to buy a little from everyone when I can. I have never had a major issue with anyone ...but when I unpacked and took these out of the bag I was hugely disappointed...

Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
That crack is whack. Send it back.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
all depends how the comics were presented in the auction
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I think a few have nice wraps, if that helps
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Arak - If they were identified as low grade readers, then that’s what you got. If they were identified as anything else, you were ripped off. IMO

PS - He could have shipped them to you in an oversized unpadded envelope for a buck or two and not worried about them getting any worse. So if he charged you for shipping, that was another rip off.
Post 5 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I think you just need to go back, watch the footage and see what you bid (and bid for). I can't see any of the regulars on this forum willingly paying $45 for these books. If you paid that much for books that were not accurately described, you should, IMO, look at getting a refund.

Those live online auctions always seem a little hectic to me. That, coupled with the fact that they seldom seem to offer books that I'm looking for, has made me shy away from them.

Good luck, @Arak. I hope these issue gets resolved to your liking.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks a lot for the advice everyone . It really helps and yes the books were presented as a little
rough but they were never taken out of the bags or even lifted off his stand. Like I mentioned I could never have sent that 115 out without showing the staples and everything else. And yes Ed , I felt a little sting for the shipping as well . I know that having slept a few days and looking with a calmer head that I almost certainly wont say anything and simply will never buy from him again. Thanks for basically letting me vent everyone .. You guys are the best !!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Arak, would be helpful to share who the seller was. Sharing is caring. Nuff said....
Post 8 IP   flag post
PM Sent Doc
Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Arak, If you are content to do nothing, then maybe take 5 minutes to send an email and give the seller a chance to make it right.
No anger, no threats, just say "if you think these books were worth $45 plus shipping, keep all the money and we part ways. If you agree that I significantly over-paid, then send me the refund that you think is fair and, if it's a reasonable amount, we do business again. I leave it to your judgement. Or, if the money if meaningful to you, at a minimum offer me a credit towards a future purchase"
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
@Arak, If you are content to do nothing, then maybe take 5 minutes to send an email and give the seller a chance to make it right.
No anger, no threats, just say "if you think these books were worth $45 plus shipping, keep all the money and we part ways. If you agree that I significantly over-paid, then send me the refund that you think is fair and, if it's a reasonable amount, we do business again. I leave it to your judgement. Or, if the money if meaningful to you, at a minimum offer me a credit towards a future purchase"

It might be hard to negotiate with someone that would even sell those for $45. It's disappointing that these type of sellers are so prevalent in the market. I remember buying a book as a kid about 27 years ago from a well known comic shop that is still in business to this day. I paid $15 for some raggedy copy of Spawn #4, which I think I sold for $2 recently. The upside is, at least he's only overcharging grown men to the best of our knowledge and not children.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
It might be hard to negotiate with someone that would even sell those for $45.

True, but offering someone a chance to redeem themselves can sometimes be more successful than challenging them to negotiate or defend themselves.
@Arak, if you do send an email offering the seller an opportunity to make it right I would include the pictures. It's altogether possible that he bought and resold the books without ever even opening the bags and seeing the full carnage.
Post 12 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
5 staples LOL.

I have never heard of a "YouTube auction" before. That sounds whack.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller LET EM KNOW !!! 10 For 10 my ninja !!!
Awesome advice I am going to do that very thing ..Thank you .. and with your permission , I would like to use some of your verbiage since you speak so eloquently.

@flanders Your right, I would much rather take the full hit the see other kids suffer. One good thing is they dont allow under 18 . But in my heart , TBH I would still feel like they were doing kids wrong if they are under 30 ( no offense to anyone )
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
5 staples LOL.

Well I certainly fell so much better now or to put it in perspective.. the way you would feel if I said

WHACK??? ( Great Scott !! lets get the Delorean Marty)

SUP, HOME SKILLET your the BOMB DIGGITY and ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS , BOOYAH, your lingo is HELLA
cool,YOU GO GIRL ... AIIIGHT .. and we will get it CRUNKED UP in here
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arak
@EbaySeller LET EM KNOW !!! 10 For 10 my ninja !!!
Awesome advice I am going to do that very thing ..Thank you .. and with your permission , I would like to use some of your verbiage since you speak so eloquently.

@Arak Go for it buddy. Let us know how it goes. I hope you make sure to include the photos, the seller probably remembers the books presented in bags and boards, not as they truly are. I think the visual will make it hard for him to resist your request.
Post 16 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
5 staples LOL.

Well I certainly fell so much better now or to put it in perspective.. the way you would feel if I said

WHACK??? ( Great Scott !! lets get the Delorean Marty)

SUP, HOME SKILLET your the BOMB DIGGITY and ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS , BOOYAH, your lingo is HELLA
cool,YOU GO GIRL ... AIIIGHT .. and we will get it CRUNKED UP in here

LOL what did I just read?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I feel your pain. At the very least he should have let you know he charges by the staple.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@Arak

I’ve never heard of a YouTube auction, either.

I’d like to check one out if you’ve got any trusted ones?

Off topic, but Arak you are probably the most passionate person I’ve seen when it comes to buying and collecting comics.

Keep on rocking in the free world or something like that!
Post 19 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller Thank you , I will share the 411 as soon as I know

@theCapraAegagrus LOL Just a bunch of sayings from the 90's

@Hcanes RIGHT !! its like he has stock in office depot

@Jabberwookie Friday night Jan 25th 7 P.M.EST Youtube channel "Keep it Thoro", come out and have some fun my ninja and of course anyone else as well

*snap* right back atcha Wook, I am just a candle trying to bask in the glory of your sunshine
Post 20 IP   flag post
my apologies Jabber and everyone , Clearly I was handed some bad info .. however it is my responsibility and since I will be selling for the first time since 1995 as Arak Zantara. Everyone that comes out Sat night will get a free gift..
I am no talking cheap either. some of some of the gifts are coins, currency, comics, D&D dice. Cards . Yeah cards . I have a pallet with about 300,000 mostly sport but a good mix of all the others I will make a post for the YOUTUBE "Keep It Thoro" Sat Feb 1,2020 6 PM CST
Post 21 IP   flag post
Great News EbaySeller my ninja... and all you ninjas. It seems that there was fault on both side but he offered me $20.00 and he did say he took the book out of the bag. SO once the offer of almost half refund was but forth , My honor felt vindicated. So I told him the apology and offer was all I needed.
Later he insisted that at least let him do $20 toward future shipping. I graciously excepted.
Thanks for the great advise everyone and the great words EBS
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Later he insisted that at least let him do $20 toward future shipping. I graciously excepted.

Smooth move. He's got game. $20 in shipping= maybe $400 or more in sales.
Post 23 IP   flag post
601214 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?